All Ireland Football semi-final;Mayo v Kerry,Sunday Aug 20

Started by maigheo, August 08, 2017, 03:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Never beat the deeler

Hasta la victoria siempre

AZOffaly

Well done Mayo. Far the better team. Kerry couldn't handle the middle third and this time Mayo didn't self destruct. Eamon fitzmaurice needs to have a long hard look at himself for leaving Shane enright on Andy Moran for a game and a half. That was borderline criminal.

shark

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on August 26, 2017, 04:44:09 PM
Delighted for Rochford after all the abuse last week.

Looking forward to Sweeney's acknowledgement tomorrow that he crossed the line.

Zulu

Quote from: Syferus on August 26, 2017, 04:51:13 PM
Quote from: Zulu on August 26, 2017, 04:47:04 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 26, 2017, 04:39:45 PM
Quote from: screenexile on August 26, 2017, 04:38:45 PM
Jesus Gough has been terrible for this match!!

Apart from the DOS black every call has been correct.

No they weren't. Some of them were miles from yellows.

Yeah, like Donaghy's red card punch and COC's cynical foul.

Crowley's second yellow wasn't a yellow and DOS wasn't a black or next nor near it. Plenty others were harsh.

seafoid

yellowcard

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 26, 2017, 04:58:44 PM
Well done Mayo. Far the better team. Kerry couldn't handle the middle third and this time Mayo didn't self destruct. Eamon fitzmaurice needs to have a long hard look at himself for leaving Shane enright on Andy Moran for a game and a half. That was borderline criminal.

Couldn't understand that either. Should have been moved off him at half time in the first game as he was getting destroyed but he continued to persist. Same again today before he belatedly pulled him ashore but the damage was done at that stage.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 17, 2017, 05:51:08 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on August 17, 2017, 01:23:16 PM
If you were to pick a team from the two, who would you go with?  For me it'd be:

Clarke (although I don't know much about the Kerry keeper tbh)
Enright Harrison Higgins
Keegan Boyle Morley (although I could see Crowley replacing either Boyle or Morley)
Moran Parsons (tight call for the 2nd position)
McLoughlin AOS Buckley (two slow men in the HF line though)
Geaney COC JOD (COC ahead of moran for his free taking)

The team is perhaps lacking balance and I surely have a mayo bias (giving probably 3 marginal decisions our way) but I'm giving it 8-6 on outfield players to mayo.

Kerry have more on the bench I think - Maher/Barry, O'Brien, McCarthy, Darren o's, bjk, savage compared to coen, doc/Vaughan, Loftus, drake, Nally

I think we'll push them close but scores from the bench might get them over the line - unless we somehow manage to stifle the influence of Moran in a massive way

Enright is a liability.

Quote from: Esmarelda on August 17, 2017, 10:13:57 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 17, 2017, 08:11:09 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on August 17, 2017, 08:04:15 PM
How is he a liability?

He's not very good and if he wore another jersey other than Kerry's he'd probably be lucky to see half time in most games.
I couldn't disagree more.

I wonder what games some people watch at times. Enright has played plenty of high profile games before, it should be evident that the guy is not up to it. He has no pace, he can't tackle and his discipline and propensity to give away needless frees is shocking.

He'd struggle to make decent club side to be honest, by far the worst player I can remember to ever win an All Star.

Cunny Funt

Mayo good value for their margin of victory and won all the key battles all over the field. The only concern is conceding 0-17 but its only a slight concern as Dublin conceded 2-14 against Kerry in the semi final last year.

Over the two games Rochford have shown he is a better manager than fitzmaurice the next step is to outsmart Gavin or Harte.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 26, 2017, 05:20:38 PM
Mayo good value for their margin of victory and won all the key battles all over the field. The only concern is conceding 0-17 but its only a slight concern as Dublin conceded 2-14 against Kerry in the semi final last year.

Over the two games Rochford have shown he is a better manager than fitzmaurice the next step is to outsmart Gavin or Harte.

I don't know that Rockford out thought fitzmaurice or anything, although they were a bit cuter with Aidan o shea today. I just think in the key positions mayo were stronger and better. As they were last day. Today they just managed not to implode.

skeog

Donie Buckley looked a very happy man at the end.The only happy Kerry man today.

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 26, 2017, 05:24:32 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 26, 2017, 05:20:38 PM

I don't know that Rockford out thought fitzmaurice or anything, although they were a bit cuter with Aidan o shea today. I just think in the key positions mayo were stronger and better. As they were last day. Today they just managed not to implode.

Yeah. Anyone hyping up Mayo should be careful to remember it took them two matches to beat a side they were clearly better than from the word go. They're not going to be so much better than Dublin so a massive and perhaps unattainable improvement is necessary.

Captain Scarlet

Kerry were so negative and most if the shady stuff seemed to be coming from their side while Mayo ploughed on playing football. If Tyrone carried on like Kerry did today Spillane would be foaming at the mouth.
Even if O'Donoghue isnt hitting the heights you need to start him as he at least is unpredictable. Everything was negative from Kerry and they got what they deserved.
Gough is getting grief online but not sure what s ref can do when players are fouling and carrying on so much.

Delighted gor Andy Moran too. Also is it just me or has Tom Parsons' football skills cone on a lot this year?
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Wildweasel74

Re: All Ireland Football semi-final;Mayo v Kerry,Sunday Aug 20
« Reply #431 on: August 20, 2017, 08:03:53 PM »

"Mayo will beat Kerry, that Kerry team is brutal, great full forward line .Moran in Midfield, but defence is very poor, from the Kerry team of 10 years ago only Moran and Geaney would get in it"

I left that there for you, what were Mayo ever worried about!!

On the Game, he may be the smallest man on the field but Colm Boyle was a Giant among mere mortals out there the day, outstanding and has good i have seen from a defender in a long long time.

Hes old, bad hamstrings and has slowed down but Andy Moran the best forward ever to play for Mayo, without him they never make it to the All-Ireland finals year on year.

Beginning to think its Mayo year.