NFL Division 2

Started by smelmoth, January 24, 2016, 09:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Itchy on January 24, 2016, 10:46:08 PM
Derry will do nothing. Not a set of balls in the whole team. Anyone who is basing league on the McKenna cup needs a reality check. It's very level and I think anyone could go up or down.
Derry reached the div one final two years which is something all bar Tyrone wouldnt do in this division if they were promoted.

Rudi

Tyrone and Derry to go up, although Armagh might upset this. Cavan will surely go down, along with Meath. Hope Fermanagh and Galway go well. Laois always seem to do enough to stay up.

Hardy

Fuckit, this is the first time I've realised we're sharing a division with Cavan again. There goes all the fun.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Syferus on January 24, 2016, 10:41:57 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 24, 2016, 10:40:53 PM
Derry,Tyrone to be promoted straight back to Divsion one. Relegation harder to call as anyone of Galway,Armagh,Laois,Meath,Cavan and Fermanagh could fall through the trap door.

This one is far from an obvious call.
Another far from an obvious call is Down and Roscommon to get relegated straight back to division two.

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 25, 2016, 12:20:21 AM
Quote from: Syferus on January 24, 2016, 10:41:57 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 24, 2016, 10:40:53 PM
Derry,Tyrone to be promoted straight back to Divsion one. Relegation harder to call as anyone of Galway,Armagh,Laois,Meath,Cavan and Fermanagh could fall through the trap door.

This one is far from an obvious call.
Another far from an obvious call is Down and Roscommon to get relegated straight back to division two.

?

tonto1888

Id love Armagh to go up but it wont happen. As long as we dont get relegated, we need to be playing division 2 football at least to develop

FermGael

Fermanagh's aim will be very simple.
To stay up.
4 home games so we have a good chance.
Good enough McKenna cup campaign but the semi final against Tyrone highlighted a few issues, especially in the second half.
We have had a few key men unavailable so far.
They will be needed back if we are to compete in this division.

Think it will be between ourselves, Armagh and Laois to stay in the division.
Tyrone and Derry to go straight back up.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Croí na hÉireann

Very Ulstercentric division, Tyrone, Derry, Armagh, Cavan and Fermanagh. Galway, Eastmeath and Laois could do better then expected while the others are worn out from all the local derbies. Expect Tyrone to be promoted but fancy Galway to sneak the second spot, they need to get to 1 if they are going to challenge Mayo in Connacht.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Jinxy

Quote from: smelmoth on January 24, 2016, 09:56:17 PM
Whats going to happen here?

Travelling to Navan next Sunday. Have absolutely no idea whether we are travelling in hope, expectation or fear? Armagh's squad is better than many ouside Armagh would give it credit for but its hard to know if the whole thing will click.

Don't worry.
Our lads will be on the beer all week after winning the O'Byrne Cup.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Itchy

Quote from: Hardy on January 25, 2016, 12:05:09 AM
Fuckit, this is the first time I've realised we're sharing a division with Cavan again. There goes all the fun.

Have you been asleep for a few years?

WT4E

Kind of glad Tyrone are in Div 2 this year as I expect them to make the final which would be unlikely to happen in Div 1 so the supporters should get a good day out at the Easter Rising Commeration Show the GAA are putting on that day.

Also was just thinking after reading through the comments how come Cavan never pushed on considering they won 4 Ulster U21 titles in a row. Surely those boys could manage to get the seniors to an ulster final or even up to div 1?

rodney trotter

Cavan didn't have an experienced group of players already there to work alongside the u21's. Still a young enough panel.

Johnston is back on the panel this year. Himself and Corr are the only players over 30. You need experience along with youth. The likes of Kerry and Donegal have 6/7 over 30. O Mahony and Marc O Se still playing on this year at 35.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Itchy on January 24, 2016, 10:46:08 PM
Derry will do nothing. Not a set of balls in the whole team. Anyone who is basing league on the McKenna cup needs a reality check. It's very level and I think anyone could go up or down.

Sure maybe you's can amalgamate. Might get you further than these famed U21 panels.

GalwayBayBoy

We're missing too many players to challenge for promotion IMO. Would take the young players to really kick on to the next level to have a chance. Asking a lot. Would settle for staying up this year. On the plus side it's like a mini Ulster championship and we generally do well against Ulster sides. Well apart from Tyrone.

illdecide

1) Tyrone
2) Derry
3) Armagh
4) Galway
5) Fermanagh
6) Cavan
7) Meath
8) Laois

For consistency Tyrone should win the Division, Derry have a few injuries from yesterday which could impact their promotion but i think they'll sneak it from Armagh or Galway...TBH the rest of them could finish anywhere so i put them in order i'd like them to finish (Bar Armagh finishing in the top 2)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch