Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo_run

What would be best - a Nvidia Shield running Mobdro or IPTV?

laoislad

Quote from: Solo_run on July 10, 2018, 04:55:08 PM
No comparison. IPTV all the way.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Solo_run

Quote from: laoislad on July 10, 2018, 05:00:39 PM

Talk me through it Laoislad...I know nothing about IPTV but looking for something worthwhile

Boycey

If you go back through the last 20 pages or so it's been covered really well.

Itchy

Quote from: Solo_run on July 10, 2018, 05:02:38 PM
Quote from: laoislad on July 10, 2018, 05:00:39 PM

Talk me through it Laoislad...I know nothing about IPTV but looking for something worthwhile

You need a box for iptv. I'd suggest a mag 322 if you are new to it as they are very easy to set up. Then you need a paid subscription. If you want to pm me I'll give you some info on that, not putting up here.

For it to work you need a decent broadband connection. I'd recommend 12mb minimum with no limits on downloading.

laoislad

Any decent Android box will do. I recently bought a Mi Box and my IPTV runs perfectly on it.
Also if you have a Smart TV like a LG or Samsung you can run it straight from that which is what I do in the main room.

Boycey

I'd be with itchy if you've not already got an Android box I'd fork out the few extra quid for a MAG..

Solo_run

Quote from: Boycey on July 10, 2018, 06:49:48 PM
I'd be with itchy if you've not already got an Android box I'd fork out the few extra quid for a MAG..

I have a fire tv stick - android boxes have just stopped working.

Out of curiosity how god are the streams?

NetNitrate

Nvidia Shield is just a high end android box and you can stream IPTV via various apps. Eg Vader has own app that works perfectly on a Shield.

Itchy

Quote from: Solo_run on July 10, 2018, 07:06:50 PM
Quote from: Boycey on July 10, 2018, 06:49:48 PM

I have a fire tv stick - android boxes have just stopped working.

Out of curiosity how god are the streams?

Download stb emu app for your firestick that's as a start

Solo_run

Quote from: NetNitrate on July 10, 2018, 07:14:28 PM

Nvidia Shield is just a high end android box and you can stream IPTV via various apps. Eg Vader has own app that works perfectly on a Shield.

Some websites are saying that android boxes aren't that well suited to IPTV so it might be a case of getting the MAG box.

I am just a bit suspicious about a few things such as how good is the video quality, EPG, Recording TV etc and where is the best place to buy a MAG box?

gallsman

"Android boxes" run IPTV fine. You just have to have a decent one. The Shield is a high end one and would run whatever you want.

Solo_run

Should I be doing this with a VPN?

gallsman

Quote from: Solo_run on July 10, 2018, 07:46:44 PM
Should I be doing this with a VPN?

Can't hurt to take precautions but it'll slow down your connection of is already borderline.

laoislad

Quote from: Solo_run on July 10, 2018, 07:32:57 PM
Quote from: NetNitrate on July 10, 2018, 07:14:28 PM

Some websites are saying that android boxes aren't that well suited to IPTV so it might be a case of getting the MAG box.

I am just a bit suspicious about a few things such as how good is the video quality, EPG, Recording TV etc and where is the best place to buy a MAG box?
I suppose it depends on what you want from IPTV. I just use it for sport so an Android box like the Mi Box that I have is perfect. Having a million channels that I'll never watch doesn't interest me so Im not  bothered with anything other than the sport. I still have Virgin Media for all the normal basic channels and recording etc. If you want it to replace your TV service provider entirely then maybe a mag box is better.
I presume these mag boxes do all that?