?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

ziggysego

My predictions are about as reliable as Tony's. Please don't make me predict...
Testing Accessibility

T Fearon

Couldn't be a better finish to a league championship, both contenders with a tough away fixture.On this occasion I will not tempt fate by making a prediction but am cautiously optimistic for the first three in a row since the Big Jock era ;D

clarshack

would have accepted a 4-0 result at half time last night the way things were going. celtic still have a bit of a cushion but am i right in thinking that if say rangers were to win 5-0 at aberdeen (which isnt impossible as celtic won 5-1 there a few months ago) then celtic would have to win 2-0 or 3-1 at dundee utd as rangers would have more goals scored?

T Fearon

Yes, Celtic currently have a goal difference of 4. Certainly I don't think its going to be a turkey shoot like the last day of the 2003 season when both sides were in exactly the same position but with relatively easy games. These are both tough away games, with wins for both Celtic and Rangers far from guaranteed.

I can't see Rangers scoring a pile of goals at Pittodrie, due to their heavy leggedness at this stage and the fact that Aberdeen and Rangers hate each other with a vengeance, and the pressure.

I have a funny feeling that one of the two will slip up and not actually win their game on Thursday night and I hope its not a case of deja vu for Celtic a la Fir Park in 2005

Muzz

Celtic have plus 4 goals on Rangers at the moment.  So assuming both teams win - Rangers need to have an advantage of +5 on Celtic.  So if Celtic beat Dundee Utd by 1 goal Rangers need to beat Aberdeen by 6 goals.

If Rangers and Celtic happen to be evn on Goal Difference after Thursday night does it go to Goals Scored?  If that is the case Rangers would win the league...at the moment they are +84 and Celtic +83

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Thursday not going to be easy, for either team.
Aberdeen hate the Hun, but Jimmy Calderwood and Jimmy Nichol don't!!
The Arabs under Craig Levein have no love for either Glasgow team, and may well feel that they have a point to prove to the "old firm" as well as the refs after the debacle in Ipox 2 weeks ago.
Tbc....

Rav67

Back in 2003 didn't Calderwood (who was manager of Dunfermline going into that last game) come out with something like "if Rangers have to score, they'll score"- great way to gee up your team  ::)

Aberdeen love being party poopers and their fans really hate the gers, so hopefully they'll create a good atmosphere to rouse their players out of any possible end-of-season slumber.  They have a few Celtic fans in the team too apparently (Zander Diamond and Miller I think) so they'll be properly motivated anyway! 

Main Street

Quote from: Rav67 on May 20, 2008, 11:42:26 AM
Back in 2003 didn't Calderwood (who was manager of Dunfermline going into that last game) come out with something like "if Rangers have to score, they'll score"- great way to gee up your team  ::)

Aberdeen love being party poopers and their fans really hate the gers, so hopefully they'll create a good atmosphere to rouse their players out of any possible end-of-season slumber.  They have a few Celtic fans in the team too apparently (Zander Diamond and Miller I think) so they'll be properly motivated anyway! 
Dunfermline in 2003 had Celtic fans in their team, some 5 or 6 of them were out in Seville.
Those things don't matter,
or I think way too much is made out of them.

T Fearon

They think its all over! ;D

Hughes Bookmakers Portadown quote the following odds on the Scottish Premier League winners at 1pm to-day (you can thank me for the plug, Mel!)

1/4 Celtic

11/4 Rangers

They are seldom wrong ;D

The Gs Man

Thats the whole thing fucked now for sure.
Keep 'er lit

T Fearon

How is it fcuked? >:(

I am not making predictions, merely stating facts >:(

clarshack

Quote from: Rav67 on May 20, 2008, 11:42:26 AM

apparently on setanta last night calderwood was more or less accepting a heavy defeat for the dons on thursday night.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Yes he has been quoted as saying that the Dons will get beat.
Also their striker coach, Sandy Clark? said on Setanta last night after his tirade about how Celtic were getting all the ref decisions recently, then said - if Dundee Utd beat Celtic then Rankers win the SPL - Dons fans going mad about it.

From Aberdeen forum =

Zander = Celtic fan
Mackie = Dons fan
Foster = Dons Fan
Considine = Dons fan
Smith = Celtic fan? played for them

No way they'd lie down to Rankgers the Scvm

Their also saying that if anyone was to do a guard of honour for the forces of darkness then it would be more likely be the two Jimmys and their training/management team and not the Aberdeen players.
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Ah Jesus my stomachs in knots.....!  :-X

Come on the Hoops.
Tbc....