62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Rav67 on February 02, 2008, 05:58:34 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on February 02, 2008, 05:54:13 PM
Quote from: Rav67 on February 02, 2008, 05:42:31 PM
Caddis got MOTM which was great to see, I wonder if him or Hinkel could play LB so we could get Naylor out of the team.  JVOH was apparently excellent as well, he's been very lazy this season but put himself about a good bit today.  Samaras goal was as a cracker by all accounts.  Certainly the most impressive domestic result of the season so far.

Samaras's goal was good, he threatened to score for most of the match, didn't think JVOH was great, had a decent game, but with the pressure on him now (not an automatic choice for one of the two forward roles) his game will hopefully improve to what it was last season.
Caddis had an outstanding game, one to watch, Naylor -  ::) just not there, but WTF does WGS keep using Sno!!??!!??!!  >:(

Fantastic result though.

Hail Hail

Was the game on Sky?  I checked Setanta listings and it wasn't there so I lay on in bed, I know they only have the league games though.

BBC1 Scotland, get it through NTL/Virgin, good for Scottish cup games, have the Huns v Hibs tomorrow.
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Great display today.
McGeady is becoming a fantastic player, Naka still great, Skippy (McDonald) does he ever stop scoring!
As for record breaker Robson, on the pitch one minute first of the ball for the Hoops, GOAL...............................
5-1, but we could have scored 8!
Tbc....

clarshack

celtic are coming into form at the right time. the barcelona games should be brilliant.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: clarshack on February 11, 2008, 10:50:42 AM
celtic are coming into form at the right time. the barcelona games should be brilliant.

Yep, just secured my ticket over the weekend for hte Barca match, really looking forward to it.
Tbc....

Rav67

McGeady was sensational at the weekend, his goal and that pirouette and chip for Skippy's goal were a joy to watch.  He's a shoe-in for Scottish Player of the year this season.

Have exams all week next week so won't get to home game but heading to Barcelona in a few weeks from the Monday to Friday for the away leg, hopefully we'll still be in the tie by then!

illdecide

I heard that they had a preliminary date for the old firm game (midweek before the scheduled ibrox game) but it is now scraped because Rangers and Dundee Utd are in the cup final. So when the feck will Celtic get their home game with the huns??
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: illdecide on February 12, 2008, 04:53:10 PM
I heard that they had a preliminary date for the old firm game (midweek before the scheduled ibrox game) but it is now scraped because Rangers and Dundee Utd are in the cup final. So when the feck will Celtic get their home game with the huns??

Once Aidan McGeady gets his next yellow (think he will have ten then) he gets a suspension, then they'll be able to pencil in the OF match - he's such a dirty player you know!!  >:(
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

KOKI MIZUNO played his first game in a Celtic strip... and the Japanese new Bhoy hopes it might accelerate his debut in the first team.

The winger lined up against Dundee in a closed-doors game at Lennoxtown yesterday, and helped Celtic win 5-0 with another January signing, Ben Hutchinson, hitting two.

Derek Riordan also scored twice while Ryan Conroy, who has first-team game time this season, got the other.

Paul Caddis, Darren O'Dea, Evander Sno and Chris Killen also featured.

Tbc....

Main Street

You would be seriously deluding yourself if you believed that a club like Celtic which has hardly the spending power of a team ranked bottom of the EPL is the 17th richest in the World.

'Deloitte's figures take into account income from ticket sales, merchandising and broadcasting contracts but do not include transfer revenues and does not calculate profitability'.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Main Street on February 14, 2008, 01:35:45 PM
You would be seriously deluding yourself if you believed that a club like Celtic which has hardly the spending power of a team ranked bottom of the EPL is the 17th richest in the World.

'Deloitte's figures take into account income from ticket sales, merchandising and broadcasting contracts but do not include transfer revenues and does not calculate profitability'.

Considering that we get a fraction of the TV money that any team in the EPL gets, I think that 17th is a good start, given a "better" league with a higher profile, "a club like Celtic" with its massive fan base would be well up that list. More TV money, higher charging for advertising and merchandising etc...

Celtic don't have a "sugar daddy" pumping millions into them every so often, our balance sheet is very health at the minute, even with the constraints of playing in Scotland.
Tbc....

lynchbhoy

think that its amazing that Celtic are up so high since they get a fraction of the money in revenue from their own league - look at the percentage revenue from the leagues these clubs get and compare that with Celtic !

also I see that a soccer website has had to issue an apology over allaegations that MON was tapping up Artur Boruc (taken from the daily record - known for its lies and false stories!) :D
MON obv took his solicitor to them !
:D

MARTIN O'NEILL - AN APOLOGY
On 13 April 2007 this column published an article which was based on an article in the Scottish Daily Record of the same date about a visit by Celtic goalkeeper, Artur Boruc, to Villa Park, Birmingham to watch Aston Villa play a Premier League game. We are advised that the article in the Daily Record, insofar as it relates to Martin O'Neill, the Manager of Aston Villa is untrue. We accept that:

1. Martin O'Neill has never taken the view that Celtic are a feeder club for either Aston Villa or any other club.

2. The visit by Artur Boruc to Villa Park was not at the instigation of Martin O'Neill.

3. Artur Boruc has made one visit only to Villa Park

4. Martin O'Neill has at no time either directly or by an agent tried to 'tap up' Artur Boruc or to induce Artur Boruc to leave Celtic in breach of his contract and move to Aston Villa.

We apologise to Martin O'Neill for any distress this article may have caused him.

clarshack

aberdeen drawing 2-2 with bayern maybe shows that the spl isnt as sh*t as some might think.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: clarshack on February 14, 2008, 10:15:37 PM
aberdeen drawing 2-2 with bayern maybe shows that the spl isnt as sh*t as some might think.

They were missing half their team as well, some result by the Dons :o. Mind you they did pump Copenhagen 4-0 in the group stage and they are a handy enough side (as Celtic and Man Utd fans know from last season) so we already knew they were capable of raising their game for the big European games. They will struggle over in Munich but a good effort tonight anyway.

True enough to say Celtic get far less cash than Premiership sides but their almost guarenteed annual venture to the Champions League is the flip side of that. That brings in bucketloads of cash and gives Celtic huge international exposure which lower Premiership sides can only dream of. Works both ways.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Fantastic result for the Dons last night, should have had a peno in the first half as well.
The second best team in Scotland after the Celts.  ;)
Tbc....