1 (0.9%)
Last 16
7 (6.1%)
Third in the group and Europa League
32 (27.8%)
Bottom of the group
39 (33.9%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Author Topic: The Offical Glasgow Celtic thread  (Read 804254 times)

ned

• View Profile
Re: The Offical Glasgow Celtic thread
« Reply #12285 on: August 12, 2017, 10:20:28 AM »
Got the win tonight without playing that well, probably one eye on Wednesday's crucial qualifier, Bitton was lucky not to concede a penalty late on, I think he's dodgy enough at the back but seems like he's gonna be playing there until the injuries clear up, need to sort Armstrong's situation as well, not up to it at the minute.

Summed up nicely. Bitton one was strange, seemed clumsy rather than anything else. Armstrong should be left out of squad until contract resolved, nearly cost us three times for the ten minutes he was on.

themac_23

• View Profile
« Reply #12286 on: August 12, 2017, 11:11:22 AM »
would play Ajer at the back instead of Bitton personally, his laid back attitude isnt what you want to see from your CB especially when he doesnt have the ability to back it up

Applesisapples

• View Profile
« Reply #12287 on: August 12, 2017, 04:33:00 PM »
Rodgers has to go unacceptable result! ;D

T Fearon

• View Profile
« Reply #12288 on: August 12, 2017, 05:19:14 PM »
Brilliant result for Neil Lennon and his Hibs team at Ibrox today.Going to be massive game when he takes Hibs to Celtic Park.

clarshack

• View Profile
« Reply #12289 on: August 12, 2017, 07:23:52 PM »
Brilliant result for Neil Lennon and his Hibs team at Ibrox today.Going to be massive game when he takes Hibs to Celtic Park.

Great result for Hibs and Lennon. It's early days but Hibs are well capable of challenging Aberdeen for 2nd place.
Few ex Celts also on the Hibs team today - Ambrose, Stokes and McGeouch.

StGallsGAA

• View Profile
« Reply #12290 on: August 12, 2017, 07:53:15 PM »

Great result for Hibs and Lennon. It's early days but Hibs are well capable of challenging Aberdeen for 2nd place.

You both strangely forgot to mention that Rangers played most of the game with 10 men!  ::)

Hectic

• View Profile
« Reply #12291 on: August 12, 2017, 07:58:04 PM »
Just glad Neil went there, faced up to his haters and came away with a smile.

T Fearon

• View Profile
« Reply #12292 on: August 12, 2017, 11:51:17 PM »
I don't think his race with Celtic is run yet.Brendan will not be at Celtic Park for a long time.It is clear from the book that he sees the chance of rehabilitation here after Liverpool,and you sense he desperately wants to prove himself on the European stage.

I can see Lennon,like big Jock,moving back to Celtic Park.The question is,will he, or indeed any other future Celtic manager get the autonomy and spending power that Brendan enjoys.

stew

• View Profile
« Reply #12293 on: August 13, 2017, 09:59:33 AM »
I don't think his race with Celtic is run yet.Brendan will not be at Celtic Park for a long time.It is clear from the book that he sees the chance of rehabilitation here after Liverpool,and you sense he desperately wants to prove himself on the European stage.

I can see Lennon,like big Jock,moving back to Celtic Park.The question is,will he, or indeed any other future Celtic manager get the autonomy and spending power that Brendan enjoys.

In the case of Lennon, absolutely! All he did was win wit Celtic and I wouldlove to see him back some day, he is an excellent manager.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

red hander

• Masters of the dark arts since 1996
    • View Profile
« Reply #12294 on: August 13, 2017, 04:38:10 PM »
Just glad Neil went there, faced up to his haters and came away with a smile.

They're such sensitive souls, the zombies. Whining about NL celebrating the win in front of them, after all the abuse he was getting  ::). The same clowns were lapping up Laugh-erty giving the Celtic fans the finger when he was substituted last week ... absolute thick loyalist scummery

stew

• View Profile
« Reply #12295 on: August 13, 2017, 06:02:52 PM »

You both strangely forgot to mention that Rangers played most of the game with 10 men!  ::)

And your point is?

Not hibs fault that clown got sent off, they were by far the better team anyway.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Hectic

• View Profile
« Reply #12296 on: August 14, 2017, 11:31:23 AM »
I see Neil has hurt some psychopaths feelings - ah well, like tying a scarf to a goal post, cupping your ears is hardly the worst reaction to 90 mins+ of bile.

That said I read the club 1872 (no laughing at the back) statement last night and my reaction was 'wow'.

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #12297 on: August 14, 2017, 12:45:20 PM »
I see Neil has hurt some psychopaths feelings - ah well, like tying a scarf to a goal post, cupping your ears is hardly the worst reaction to 90 mins+ of bile.

That said I read the club 1872 (no laughing at the back) statement last night and my reaction was 'wow'.
The "we are the peoples" leader Pedro said I listened to the other manager speaking to the fourth official.
The way he goes, that allows me to go the same way if I want, but I dont have the same principles, education or point of view.
 ;D
what a clown Pedro is, he's made for Ibrox.

bennydorano

• View Profile
« Reply #12298 on: August 14, 2017, 01:09:12 PM »
Watched Sportscene last night and was sniggering away. Lenny knows how to push their buttons, but the over reactions are comical.

6th sam

• View Profile
« Reply #12299 on: August 14, 2017, 09:30:51 PM »
Watched Sportscene last night and was sniggering away. Lenny knows how to push their buttons, but the over reactions are comical.
Probably More than anyone in the public eye, Neil has been on the receiving end of unprovoked sectarian abuse, in various forms , and it's easy to see how he feels aggrieved. However he is in a position of responsibility and is no doubt paid relatively handsomely. No doubt he was subject to the usual antagonism and abuse from fans on Saturday past but it is incumbent on anyone in his position not to provocatively cup his ears and gesture inappropriately.
Having defended Neil in the face of appalling antagonism over many years, I won't be defending the indefensible here.
Given what he has been on the receiving end of himself, it was a fairly minor indiscretion, but criticism of it is hardly an over-reaction. If Brendan Rodgers , for example, or any high profile manager or player from any sport conducted themselves like that , they would be rightly criticised.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 09:46:29 PM by 6th sam »