?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 29, 2007, 01:03:11 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on August 29, 2007, 12:14:50 PM
Why the fcuk are RTE showing Arsenal and Sparta Prague tonight instead on Celtic???? >:(
well the precedent is that english prem teams are shown before RTE cover Celtic games (same for tv3 too)

Is BBc scotland the only channel this is been shown on?

It was shown on setantas sports2 last time , and i was kind of hoping it was tonight also , so I could see it...

Setanta showed the Huns last night.
Where are you?
There are other satellite channels showing it.
Tbc....

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Great game at Celtic Park tonight, Celtic showed great spirit to make it through although really there wasnt much at all between the sides. Shocking old refereeing performance, that was never a penalty for Spartak in the 1st half nor indeed should it have been a red card for the Spartak defender near the end. Hard to complain after such a game though, superb entertainment.

Main Street

I don't know if it was a red card but it was a lovely dink by JVOH and would have been through on goal, though that didn't seem to pose much danger on the night.
Very good win for the Celts, nervy for fans I guess but the team looked so confident at the penalty shootout ya knew they were going to go on til Spartak cracked.
I was impressed with McGeady, Nakamura looks some player.
Looks like they need some goal poacher, somebody to feed of JVOH and who can turn McGeady's work into goals. What happened to Zurawski - only coming on so late in the game, I thought that was his role?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Main Street on August 29, 2007, 11:02:15 PM
I don't know if it was a red card but it was a lovely dink by JVOH and would have been through on goal, though that didn't seem to pose much danger on the night.
Very good win for the Celts, nervy for fans I guess but the team looked so confident at the penalty shootout ya knew they were going to go on til Spartak cracked.
I was impressed with McGeady, Nakamura looks some player.
Looks like they need some goal poacher, somebody to feed of JVOH and who can turn McGeady's work into goals. What happened to Zurawski - only coming on so late in the game, I thought that was his role?

Fantastic win for the Bhoys.
Zurawski is going through a goal drought akin to a Saharan summer, your right about a poacher, JVOH seems to be playing further and further back with every game, hopefully Scott (Skippy) McDonald will fill the role of poacher.
Though Naylor had a tough game, but Wilson and McManus had very good games, Naka was outstanding (even given his hat-trick of misses in the second half), McGeady was very good, as was Donati, Brown seemed to be very quiet (probably because the Moscow mid-fielders had a good game) and Artur Boruc was fantastic.
Caldwell showed some balls taking the first penalty.

Looking forward to 5pm and the draw.

Hail Hail
Tbc....

the milkman

Tight game last night, but the main thing is were are in the draw, would love Millar too have been there last night lack real pace up front. mc Donald is lively but not quick! hope there is a signing or 2 B4 Friday but cant see it! Naylor has had a tough start to the season but he wont face any1 quicker again (ever)

Hail Hail

T Fearon

And they gave us James Mc Crory and Paul Mc Stay...! Brilliant result, though I thought when Nakamura missed the penalty it wasn't going to happen. Imagine if the Govan Gobshites were in the Champions League and we weren't!

Roll on another big Parkhead night or two before Christmas ;D

Chrisowc

Quote from: T Fearon on August 30, 2007, 11:01:59 AM
And they gave us James Mc Crory and Paul Mc Stay...! Brilliant result, though I thought when Nakamura missed the penalty it wasn't going to happen. Imagine if the Govan Gobshites were in the Champions League and we weren't!

Roll on another big Parkhead night or two before Christmas ;D

Imagine if Arsenal were in the Champions League and Totteringham......oops.  Bit of relief for you Tone with Celtic winning that shoot-out.  Imagine supporting 2 teams in the same competition ;D
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Europe's finest ready for draw

The seedings for the 2007/08 UEFA Champions League group stage have been announced with the draw to be made at 18.00CET today at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco.

Monaco setting

Wednesday's 12 victorious sides from the third qualifying round and Tuesday's three winners take their place alongside the 16 automatic entrants in the draw for the eight UEFA Champions League groups. Making their debut at this stage are SK Slavia Praha, having knocked out AFC Ajax on Wednesday evening. Also in the draw are Sevilla FC and AEK Athens FC, who play the second leg of their tie next Monday after a postponement due to the death of Antonio Puerta on Tuesday.
Fixture schedule
The UEFA Champions League group stage will be played on 18/19 September, 2/3 October, 23/24 October, 6/7 November, 27/28 November and 11/12 December, though AC Milan's last game will be on 4 December due to their participation in the FIFA Club World Cup. The winners and runners-up from each pool will progress to the first knockout round in the spring, with the final set for Moscow on 21 May. Teams finishing third in each section will have the consolation of going into the UEFA Cup Round of 32.

Pairings

Where two clubs from the same association have qualified, they are paired to split their matches between Tuesday and Wednesday. In the case of associations with three representatives, only two sides have been paired in terms of their fixtures; in the case of associations with four representatives, two pairings are made. Sevilla and AEK have been paired with two different teams to provide for the eventuality of either side winning.

2007/08 UEFA Champions League

Group stage draw - 17.00gmt, Thursday

POT 1

Team                                Pairing      
AC Milan (ITA, holders)     A      
FC Barcelona (ESP)                   B      
Liverpool FC (ENG)                   C      
FC Internazionale Milano (ITA)   A      
Arsenal FC (ENG)                   D      
Real Madrid CF (ESP)                   B      
Chelsea FC (ENG)                   D      
Manchester United FC (ENG)   C      

POT 2

Team                                           Pairing      
Valencia CF (ESP)                              E      
Olympique Lyonnais (FRA)              F      
FC Porto (POR)         
Sevilla FC (ESP) / AEK Athens FC (GRE)    E/M      
PSV Eindhoven (NED)         
AS Roma (ITA)                              G      
SL Benfica (POR)                              H      
Werder Bremen (GER)                               I      

POT 3

Team                                 Pairing      
Celtic FC (SCO)                    J      
FC Schalke 04 (GER)         
VfB Stuttgart (GER)                    I      
FC Steaua Bucureşti (ROU)         
PFC CSKA Moskva (RUS)         
Sporting Clube de Portugal (POR)    H      
S.S. Lazio (ITA)                    G      
Olympique de Marseille (FRA)    F      

POT 4

Team                           Pairing      
Rangers FC (SCO)              J      
FC Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)      K      
Beşiktaş JK (TUR)              L      
Olympiacos CFP (GRE)              M      
FC Dynamo Kyiv (UKR)              K      
Fenerbahçe SK (TUR)              L      
SK Slavia Praha (CZE)         
Rosenborg BK (NOR)         

Tbc....

T Fearon

How come Benfica are in Pot 2 and Celtic in Pot 3 when the Celts qualified for the last 16 last year ahead of them? :-\

tintin25

Quote from: T Fearon on August 30, 2007, 12:13:24 PM
How come Benfica are in Pot 2 and Celtic in Pot 3 when the Celts qualified for the last 16 last year ahead of them? :-\

Think it's to do with your previous record in the competiton within the last few years...in that case then Benfica would merit being in a higher pool than Celtic.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

AC Milan, Benfica and Shaktar Donesak christ we've been here before, not going to be easy!!  :-\
Tbc....

T Fearon

I fancy us to qualify. The draw is hardly any worse than last year, though Man Ure were easier to beat at home than Milan will be, and again it will be down to the away performances and a dramatic improvement therein. 10 points should be sufficient.

Rav67

Not a great draw for the fans as we've played all these sides in the past few years, but I think Celtic have enough to finish 2nd again.  Anyone going to any of the away European ties?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Half time Celtic 2-0 up Van the man and Donati the scorers.

Top of the league ma, top of the league.
Tbc....

Main Street

There is no competition, Rangers are just a neccessary evil to be humbled on the way to another title.