Russian passenger plane crashes over Egypt

Started by Minder, October 31, 2015, 09:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamus

Quote from: seafoid on November 06, 2015, 04:22:52 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on November 06, 2015, 11:00:11 AM
Possibly trying to force some sort of push against ISIS, on a multilateral basis.
The West is really lost trying to fight ISIS. Saudi is on the ball with infrastructure and money and it's also a key oil supplier so there's a huge conflict there.

Ever wonder why the US decided to sent in ground troops just when Russia started kicking ISIS ass?
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

seafoid

Quote from: Seamus on November 07, 2015, 02:22:16 AM
Possibly trying to force some sort of push against ISIS, on a multilateral basis.
The West is really lost trying to fight ISIS. Saudi is on the ball with infrastructure and money and it's also a key oil supplier so there's a huge conflict there.

Ever wonder why the US decided to sent in ground troops just when Russia started kicking ISIS ass?
the US would never invade Saudi...

stew

Quote from: Seamus on November 07, 2015, 02:22:16 AM

Ever wonder why th

I am wondering with the commander in Chief decides to let the world know 50 of his finest are in the region?

The man is a half wit!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

muppet

Here is a post from pprune that I thought was interesting and worth copying here:

"There seems to be a total confusion about security procedures at Egyptian airports. In order to GET IN TO THE TERMINAL you need to stand in a long queue, at the end of which a regular (possibly illiterate) policeman checks your passport and ticket, and if he succeeds in matching at least parts of the name in your passport with the name on a printed piece of paper apearing to be a ticket (in the age of e-tickets, no it is not good on a computer or phone ) and also manages to find a date somewhere that matches the currect date, he will let you in. There is an x-ray machine at the entrance of the check-in area where all luggage gets an initial screening. This is NOT a security screening but a customs screening, they are primarily looking not for weapons/explosives but for contraband (antiquities, in Sharm corals and other marine life, etc.). There is also a metal detector gate, but in practice if it beeps they look at you, if a foreigner they just wave you through.

The $20 VIP channel will only allow you to bypass the entrance passport check and customs screening before check in. After your luggage gets checked in, it undergoes the regular X-ray security screening just like everywhere else in the world (for all its worth), and passengers get screened twice, once after passport control, then again at the boarding gate. Screening is no worse than anywhere else in the world (but staff are much friendlier than the average screener in Europe or the US), but of course it offers zero protection against anyone with an airside pass, just like everywhere else in the world."
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Can't post the link at the moment but ISIS has published what it claims was the device.

Also Russia are saying they have found traces of explosives.

My very poor understanding of what is going on in Syria had it that the Russians were bombing Syrian rebels, not ISIS. But it is hard to know wtf is going on there.
MWWSI 2017

LeoMc

Quote from: muppet on November 18, 2015, 05:21:43 PM
Can't post the link at the moment but ISIS has published what it claims was the device.

My very poor understanding of what is going on in Syria had it that the Russians were bombing Syrian rebels, not ISIS. But it is hard to know wtf is going on there.

The Russians were backing Assads regime (Shia) and so were seen as the enemy of ISIS (Sunni) whether attacking them directly or not.

Esmarelda

Quote from: muppet on November 18, 2015, 05:21:43 PM

Russia see Assad's government as the only legitimate force in Syria. Everyone fighting against them is a terrorist and so are targets. The "west" see Isis as the only enemy in Syria as the others were the ones the were backing originally against Assad.

Who the Russians are/aren't bombing depends on whether you watch Fox or RT.