Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenGiant

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on August 27, 2015, 10:16:13 PM
I doubt the bridge give a fiddlers about the league at this stage of the season in fairness.

In fairness Glenn can only beat what's in front of them

P.s the bridge had out what seemed to be a full strength team

Glenn definitely deserved the win this evening by far the better team

snoopdog

Anyone any news from the county board meeting last night? Id say there were no resignations?

Aristo 60

I heard Eoin McCartan and Sean O'Hare confirmed as minor management.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Line Ball on August 27, 2015, 08:22:38 PM

So these are the footballing brains of our County who are making so many mistakes vital decisions about who should be in charge of our teams, WTF?  I would like to know how many have ever kicked a ball, never mind played at any kind of decent level or even represented Down, I would hazard a guess at 0.  You can guarantee that the two wemen certainly haven't yet their votes are counted like the rest.  These individuals remind me of a bit of a 'gather up' , you don't have many options to put a team together so anybody will do.

If I had the choice I would be replacing these individuals before I would be replacing Shane Mulholland or Jim Mc Corry.

I sincerely hope that's a joke, as if their gender has any bearing on the situation, I think it's good that there are at least some women on the committee.

NP 76

Would find that hard to believe about Eoin Mc Cartan. Wouldn't of been as surprised if Dans name was mentioned.

Down Follower

The sooner Conor Laverty takes up a significant coaching role with the County the better.  He will be an excellent coach/manager.

NP 76

I am just after hearing that Ambrose has done his cruciate again. If this is true it's a massive blow to the lad and to Longstone. Did anyone else hear this ?

SHEEDY

Quote from: NP 76 on August 28, 2015, 03:35:09 PM
I am just after hearing that Ambrose has done his cruciate again. If this is true it's a massive blow to the lad and to Longstone. Did anyone else hear this ?
yeah afraid its true. Did it a couple of weeks ago after landing awkwardly. Massive blow for him personally and the stone.

Kilcoo beat clonduff easily enough tonight, Connor laverty got straight red at the death though.
nil satis nisi optimum

rosskarr

Very quiet around here. Civil servants and the like all on holiday.

SHEEDY

well done to ballymartin on gaining promotion tonight. they beat their near neighbours an riocht 1-11 to 0-11 to clinch top spot. that leaves loughinisland in the promotion play off spot, which wont be an easy game for whatever division 1 team they end up playing.
nil satis nisi optimum

whitegoodman

Congrats to Ballymartin, they seemed to have come back from the dead the last couple of years.

Why was Burren Kilcoo called off tonight?

Leftmidfield

Went up to Burren tonight to watch Burren v  kilcoo tonight
only to be told by 'man at the gate' kilcoo phoned 'an hour ago' saying they would not be fielding. Kilcoo play championship Friday night. Reckon they didn't want 2 games in a week and keep their powder dry for championship meeting with Burren

Brick Tamlin

Well if that is true they should be awarding points to Burren. Bad form.

islandchampions08

Is that Division two complete then?
Ballymartin up, loughinisland in play off
Bottom 8 relegated ?

Last game probably won't be played as the results make no difference?

John Martin

What way is division 2 going to be split up?
Can teams at the bottom get relegated to division 4?
Does the top of division 3 get promoted to division 2 or the new division 3?