Football All Stars 2019

Started by Estimator, August 05, 2019, 11:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Not fully along the expected lines with a few surprises. Coopers red card in drawn final seems to have cost him a nomination.  Donegal with double the amount of nominations to semi finalist Tyrone and it must be a while since Meath got that many?

Goalkeepers

1. Stephen Cluxton (Dublin)
2. Shaun Patton (Donegal)
3. Shane Ryan (Kerry)

Defenders

1. David Byrne (Dublin)
2. Jack McCaffrey (Dublin)
3. James McCarthy (Dublin)
4. Mick Fitzsimons (Dublin)
5. John Small (Dublin)
6. Paul Murphy (Kerry)
7. Tadhg Morley (Kerry)
8. Tom O'Sullivan (Kerry)
9. Colm Boyle (Mayo)
10. Paddy Durcan (Mayo)
11. Chris Barrett (Mayo)
12. Stephen McMenamin (Donegal)
13. Ryan McHugh (Donegal)
14. Donal Keogan (Meath)
15. Conor McGill (Meath)
16. Conor Moynagh (Cavan)
17. Ronan McNamee (Tyrone)
18. Niall Daly (Roscommon)

Midfielders

1. Brian Fenton (Dublin)
2. Michael Darragh Macauley (Dublin)
3. David Moran (Kerry)
4. Aidan O'Shea (Mayo)
5. Jarlath Óg Burns (Armagh)
6. Bryan Menton (Meath)

Forwards

1. Ciarán Kilkenny (Dublin)
2. Brian Howard (Dublin)
3. Paul Mannion (Dublin)
4. Dean Rock (Dublin)
5. Con O'Callaghan (Dublin)
6. David Clifford (Kerry)
7. Paul Geaney (Kerry)
8. Seán O'Shea (Kerry)
9. Stephen O'Brien (Kerry)
10. Jamie Brennan (Donegal)
11. Michael Murphy (Donegal)
12. Paddy McBrearty (Donegal)
13. Cathal McShane (Tyrone)
14. Mattie Donnelly (Tyrone)
15. Conor Cox (Roscommon)
16. Rían O'Neill (Armagh)
17. Brian Hurley (Cork)
18. Jamie Malone (Clare)
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Gael85

Quote from: Blowitupref on September 27, 2019, 07:29:21 AM
Not fully along the expected lines with a few surprises. Coopers red card in drawn final seems to have cost him a nomination.  Donegal with double the amount of nominations to semi finalist Tyrone and it must be a while since Meath got that many?

Goalkeepers

1. Stephen Cluxton (Dublin)
2. Shaun Patton (Donegal)
3. Shane Ryan (Kerry)

Defenders

1. David Byrne (Dublin)
2. Jack McCaffrey (Dublin)
3. James McCarthy (Dublin)
4. Mick Fitzsimons (Dublin)
5. John Small (Dublin)
6. Paul Murphy (Kerry)
7. Tadhg Morley (Kerry)
8. Tom O'Sullivan (Kerry)
9. Colm Boyle (Mayo)
10. Paddy Durcan (Mayo)
11. Chris Barrett (Mayo)
12. Stephen McMenamin (Donegal)
13. Ryan McHugh (Donegal)
14. Donal Keogan (Meath)
15. Conor McGill (Meath)
16. Conor Moynagh (Cavan)
17. Ronan McNamee (Tyrone)
18. Niall Daly (Roscommon)

Midfielders

1. Brian Fenton (Dublin)
2. Michael Darragh Macauley (Dublin)
3. David Moran (Kerry)
4. Aidan O'Shea (Mayo)
5. Jarlath Óg Burns (Armagh)
6. Bryan Menton (Meath)

Forwards

1. Ciarán Kilkenny (Dublin)
2. Brian Howard (Dublin)
3. Paul Mannion (Dublin)
4. Dean Rock (Dublin)
5. Con O'Callaghan (Dublin)
6. David Clifford (Kerry)
7. Paul Geaney (Kerry)
8. Seán O'Shea (Kerry)
9. Stephen O'Brien (Kerry)
10. Jamie Brennan (Donegal)
11. Michael Murphy (Donegal)
12. Paddy McBrearty (Donegal)
13. Cathal McShane (Tyrone)
14. Mattie Donnelly (Tyrone)
15. Conor Cox (Roscommon)
16. Rían O'Neill (Armagh)
17. Brian Hurley (Cork)
18. Jamie Malone (Clare)

Jonny only started 4 championship games which would have also went against him.

seafoid

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 27, 2019, 07:21:26 AM
3 Meath players nominated.  :o

Recap
Scraped past Div 3 Offaly
Hammered Div 3 Carlow
Hammered Div 3 Laois
Hammered by Dublin scoring a mighty 4 points
Scraped past Div 2 Clare
Lost to Donegal by 9
Lost to Mayo by 9
Lost to Kerry by 8
That's the state of football at the moment

The height of mediocrity is the challenge crawling through the entrails of imbalance

"History is a record of "effects" the vast majority of which nobody intended to produce."
― Joseph Alois Schumpeter

The GAA funds Dublin at the expense of everybody else
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

joemamas

Not that I am into these awards, but Aidan O Shea carried the Mayo midfield all year on his own, and it was a very long year.

omaghjoe

Any1 got the latest list of the total awards by county?

Armagh18

Quote from: joemamas on September 27, 2019, 01:56:00 PM
Not that I am into these awards, but Aidan O Shea carried the Mayo midfield all year on his own, and it was a very long year.
He was good this year, but it's blindingly obvious who should and will get picked in midfield. Not even a contest.

greatpoint

Given Ronan McNamee's performances against Donegal and Kerry is he actually likely to get an All-Star?

Angelo

Quote from: greatpoint on September 27, 2019, 05:44:15 PM
Given Ronan McNamee's performances against Donegal and Kerry is he actually likely to get an All-Star?

He kept McBrearty very quiet in the Donegal game when pretty much every other Tyrone player was getting beat up a stick.

He's been the best full back in the country this season. He kept two All star nominees scoreless in the Super 8s when they were coming in great form. Thought he had a decent game vs Kerry too.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

macdanger2

greatpoint

Quote from: Angelo on September 27, 2019, 10:17:45 PM

He kept McBrearty very quiet in the Donegal game when pretty much every other Tyrone player was getting beat up a stick.

He's been the best full back in the country this season. He kept two All star nominees scoreless in the Super 8s when they were coming in great form. Thought he had a decent game vs Kerry too.

He did well in the first half but McBrearty definitely won the battle in the second, which is fairly similar to what happened in the Kerry game from what I could see? I'm not sure how much stock I put in performances against Cork and Roscommon in terms of earning an All-Star.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: greatpoint on September 30, 2019, 05:01:21 PM

He did well in the first half but McBrearty definitely won the battle in the second, which is fairly similar to what happened in the Kerry game from what I could see? I'm not sure how much stock I put in performances against Cork and Roscommon in terms of earning an All-Star.
Considering he was marking two All Star nominees in those games I'd say a fair bit of stock will be taken.

greatpoint

Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 30, 2019, 05:09:45 PM
Quote from: greatpoint on September 30, 2019, 05:01:21 PM

Considering he was marking two All Star nominees in those games I'd say a fair bit of stock will be taken.

He did well indeed on Hurley and Cox but being honest neither have them have any chance whatsoever of winning an All-Star.

moysider

Mayo did not do to well on the nominations.

A few defenders and Aidan O Shea.

Will get one but probably not most deserving one.

Certainly puts winning the league and getting to an AI semi to bed as regards anything really, when it comes to All-Stars.

Blowitupref

The All Stars to be named tomorrow, any surprises expected? Cluxton strongly tipped to win footballer of the year.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Blowitupref on October 31, 2019, 04:03:48 PM
The All Stars to be named tomorrow, any surprises expected? Cluxton strongly tipped to win footballer of the year.
I'd agree with you there. I can't honestly see a serious challenger.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi