Tír Eoghain vs Átha Cliath, An Omaigh, Sunday 4th August @ 4pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 21, 2019, 09:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on July 25, 2019, 09:51:06 AM
And bring yer own fcukin tea this time.

We're well used bringing our own tae and sandwiches to various matches and hanging out the back of the car to consume them.

Those Dubs don't know their born.
Testing Accessibility

Fuzzman

Do people search bags in Omagh, Would it be hard to smuggle in a few cans?
Heard them chatting on Newstalk one night and they were saying that whatever chance Tyrone have of beating the Dubs in a semi or final.
There is no way they're gonna beat them twice in the space of a month so Harte would be crazy to go all out and show his "red" hand in this game.

For those who believe, Mickey goes all out to win all games he plays needs to stop taking the man at his word. He's like Jim Gavin in that respect in that what he does is often very different to what he said.
Didn't Jim say last Sat that Roscommon gave them a good challenge.
That's the only hope I have for any team getting Dublin in the semi, is that it will be like the old system where they have come through a few very easy games and are caught cold by a team at a much higher intensity having built up momentum.

Of course all the Dubs want to see teams open up and play a much more expansive style of football like say Cork did but the Dubs will tear most teams apart if you give them that much space and one on one battles. Mannion, O'Callaghan, Costello, Kilkenny and of course Jack the lad would do some damage if left one on one with loads of space in front of them.

square_ball

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 25, 2019, 12:08:51 PM

Jim Gavin says that about every team no matter if they've beat them by 5 points or 25 points.

Rossfan

Dubs will tear most teams apart if you give them that much space and one on one battles. Mannion, O'Callaghan, Costello, Kilkenny and of course Jack the lad would do some damage if left one on one with loads of space in front of them.
As we discovered last Saturday........
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jayop

Almost a week out and not a single mention of the *Battle of Omagh*TM so far from the media thank God. f**k me but I'm so sick of hearing about that at this stage. Hopefully with this being a dead rubber it'll not be mentioned and the media will be able to finally move on.

J70

Quote from: Jayop on July 25, 2019, 03:14:28 PM
Almost a week out and not a single mention of the *Battle of Omagh*TM so far from the media thank God. f**k me but I'm so sick of hearing about that at this stage. Hopefully with this being a dead rubber it'll not be mentioned and the media will be able to finally move on.

What year was that again?

tonto1888

That sick of hearing about it that you bring it up

under the bar

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 25, 2019, 04:18:49 PM
That sick of hearing about it that you bring it up
Wasn't so much a battle as a pile of Dublin fanny-pad players thinking they're hard men who by roughing up the AI champions on their home turf might act as a springboard to AI success for the Dubs. It didn't work.

DUBSFORSAM1

Do people search bags in Omagh, Would it be hard to smuggle in a few cans?
Heard them chatting on Newstalk one night and they were saying that whatever chance Tyrone have of beating the Dubs in a semi or final.
There is no way they're gonna beat them twice in the space of a month so Harte would be crazy to go all out and show his "red" hand in this game.

For those who believe, Mickey goes all out to win all games he plays needs to stop taking the man at his word. He's like Jim Gavin in that respect in that what he does is often very different to what he said.
That's the only hope I have for any team getting Dublin in the semi, is that it will be like the old system where they have come through a few very easy games and are caught cold by a team at a much higher intensity having built up momentum.

Of course all the Dubs want to see teams open up and play a much more expansive style of football like say Cork did but the Dubs will tear most teams apart if you give them that much space and one on one battles. Mannion, O'Callaghan, Costello, Kilkenny and of course Jack the lad would do some damage if left one on one with loads of space in front of them.

Dublin fans want to see open games because they are more enjoyable to watch. Watching Dublin v's Tyrone where they've played defensive hasn't made it too much harder for Dublin to win

Wildweasel74

Paying defensive against Dublin basically a admission they got better team and players.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 26, 2019, 11:59:48 PM
Paying defensive against Dublin basically a admission they got better team and players.

They do.
That was never a square ball!!

Fear ón Srath Bán

A wee Freudian slip there? Just because it's the Dubs? ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

dublin7

Playing defensively against dublin is a sign these days that  the opposition team is already beaten before they start and only want to keep the score down. Cork showed that to beat dublin you need to take them on, but didnt have the fitness to keep with then for last 15 min

Donegal have finally ditched their ultra defensive tactics and have shown only themselves and Kerry so far this year look capable of beating dublin.

From the Bunker

Quote from: hardstation on July 27, 2019, 12:25:06 AM
Quote from: dublin7 on July 27, 2019, 12:18:31 AM

Playing defensively against dublin is a sign these days that  the opposition team is already beaten before they start and only want to keep the score down. Cork showed that to beat dublin you need to take them on, but didnt have the fitness to keep with then for last 15 min

Donegal have finally ditched their ultra defensive tactics and have shown only themselves and Kerry so far this year look capable of beating dublin.
What?
Cork showed how to beat Dublin... they lost heavily.
Kerry & Donegal have showed fcuk all in relation to Dublin.

+1 (thank you)

Kerry and Donegal showed that with two sh1te defenses and two decent forward lines you can have an entertaining game.