Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

congrats to both winners yesterday. tattyreagh the better team and some excellent young footballers coming through. good luck to them in div 1 next year. glad to see coalisland win yesterday as killyclogher much too negative. Bradley wasted for them back on his own 20 yrd line at times. coalisland def more progressive tactics and not afraid to go long with the kickpass. kerrs long ball to mc gahan for the goal was a thing of beauty, as were youngs quinns 2 points late on, worth the admission fee alone.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Delegater on October 22, 2018, 11:48:36 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 22, 2018, 11:36:41 AM
Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on October 22, 2018, 11:19:32 AM
Quote from: WT4E on October 22, 2018, 11:09:18 AM
Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on October 22, 2018, 11:06:17 AM
Was Glad to see Coalisland win, they deserved it with the run they've had and took some big teams out of it like Dromore and the 5 parishes of Ballygawley! Edendork should have beat them but they didnt and it was always expected for Coalisland to overcome them! Semi's are all about winning and not performaces!!
On the final yesterday there where a few men who really stood out for me on the Coalisland team.

1. Paudi Hampsey on his turnovers and tackling, he put on and expedition on tackling!
2. Cormac O'Hagan, Free taking was top drawer, under pressure, didnt put a foot wrong the whole game
3. Michael McKernan moved onto KC's best performer McCann, Carberry got the better of Sludden and Petey Harte in earlier rounds but McCann won this battle, was moved McKernan on was essential for Coalisland to win
4. Daniel Fee, Outstanding performance, up and down all day, toss of a coin for me on MOTM with Hampsey

I thought Stephen McNally was man of the match - had a great game.

He was, maybe being a former corner back myself Im biased towards Fee!
Could pick out loads of men, Young Quinn deserves a mention, Plunkey lead by example, Eoghan Hampsey didnt give Sparky much, I could go through all off them!
For a change could the man of the match even be the Coalisland managment, really you could argue thats where the game was really won!!
If we are talk g about bad manners and unsporting behaviour from McCann, then I dunno how you could praise the coalisland management team. Thier behavior was a disgrace.
The sooner the GAA stamp out managers and mentors coming into the field the better.

Both camps were at that. Every time Tiernan got touched he went down (delayed reaction) and then on came the physio, statician, hairdresser, parish priest and manicurist to make sure he was ok.

He was OK.

Why didnt Connal McCann play yesterday?
Killyogher no angels in that regard either, but I'd didnt see any of them hop the ball off the head of an opposition player or 4 of them sprint on the pitch and confront the ref.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

RetiredRessie

Why is there no catch net in Omagh?

GetOverTheBar

Was Glad to see Coalisland win, they deserved it with the run they've had and took some big teams out of it like Dromore and the 5 parishes of Ballygawley! Edendork should have beat them but they didnt and it was always expected for Coalisland to overcome them! Semi's are all about winning and not performaces!!
On the final yesterday there where a few men who really stood out for me on the Coalisland team.

1. Paudi Hampsey on his turnovers and tackling, he put on and expedition on tackling!
2. Cormac O'Hagan, Free taking was top drawer, under pressure, didnt put a foot wrong the whole game
3. Michael McKernan moved onto KC's best performer McCann, Carberry got the better of Sludden and Petey Harte in earlier rounds but McCann won this battle, was moved McKernan on was essential for Coalisland to win
4. Daniel Fee, Outstanding performance, up and down all day, toss of a coin for me on MOTM with Hampsey

Could pick out loads of men, Young Quinn deserves a mention, Plunkey lead by example, Eoghan Hampsey didnt give Sparky much, I could go through all off them!
For a change could the man of the match even be the Coalisland managment, really you could argue thats where the game was really won!!
If we are talk g about bad manners and unsporting behaviour from McCann, then I dunno how you could praise the coalisland management team. Thier behavior was a disgrace.
The sooner the GAA stamp out managers and mentors coming into the field the better.

Both camps were at that. Every time Tiernan got touched he went down (delayed reaction) and then on came the physio, statician, hairdresser, parish priest and manicurist to make sure he was ok.

He was OK.

Bit harsh. Was instrumental in Tiernan McCann's goal and should have scored one of his own.

LeoMc

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 22, 2018, 01:49:30 PM

He was OK.

Bit harsh. Was instrumental in Tiernan McCann's goal and should have scored one of his own.
Reasonable first half but snuffed out completely by Hampshey in the 2nd.

skeog

Dominic very unhappy with Sean Hurson who imo reffed it well.Would Killyclogher have the biggest backroom team in Tyrone.

BIGONE

Two deserving winners on the day. Killyclogher looked comfortable at half time and could have been further ahead but a real sucker punch with 2 goals in 3 minutes that they couldn't recover from. Was everyone interviewed by TTM asked to commend them at the end of their interview? Seriously?

Localexpert

WHAT A DAY!!!!!!!!!

great to see the lads put to bed all the shite talking people have subjected them to about lying down and no balls etc etc when for example carrickmore lost 3/4 finals this decade you wouldn't hear that levelled at them (and rightly so because they're a great club).

2nd win this decade and only omagh can match it and shows every club that you can do it with your own club volunteers instead of spending a fortune on jokers who only care about the cash they're taking off you. 

Don't know where the bad behaviour of coalisland supporters and management are coming from I'd like to hear the examples on that one.  I was in the stand but heard last night that 2 middle aged eejits 1 from coalisland and 1 from killyclogher had a bit of fisty cuffs but that was quickly broken up by supporters so can hardly tar everyone with the same brush as 2 people.

Great party had by all just a pity ca$hidy isn't still with clonoe to lead the guard of honour next week  ::)

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Localexpert on October 22, 2018, 03:53:07 PM
WHAT A DAY!!!!!!!!!

great to see the lads put to bed all the shite talking people have subjected them to about lying down and no balls etc etc when for example carrickmore lost 3/4 finals this decade you wouldn't hear that levelled at them (and rightly so because they're a great club).

2nd win this decade and only omagh can match it and shows every club that you can do it with your own club volunteers instead of spending a fortune on jokers who only care about the cash they're taking off you. 

Don't know where the bad behaviour of coalisland supporters and management are coming from I'd like to hear the examples on that one.  I was in the stand but heard last night that 2 middle aged eejits 1 from coalisland and 1 from killyclogher had a bit of fisty cuffs but that was quickly broken up by supporters so can hardly tar everyone with the same brush as 2 people.

Great party had by all just a pity ca$hidy isn't still with clonoe to lead the guard of honour next week  ::)
Sure you had one of your management sent to the stand you clown!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

square_ball

That's awful. Your players and managers were  full of praise for the previous management and you come on here the day after and slag them off. Tut tut

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Under Lights on October 22, 2018, 03:37:59 PM

Very poor form from the county board if they stopped teamtalk covering the finals.

blackball

WHAT A DAY!!!!!!!!!

Its terrible you cant even take your win with a bit of dignity. Id say nobody around coalisland has much time for you! Clonoe were beat in the first round and Cassidy isint the manager any more, your win has nothing to do with them. Let it go and move on.  I wouldnt think yous will get any guard of honor next week either but could be wrong.

Tyrone95

People slating Tiernan mccanns 'celebration' too P. Donnelly need to take a step back and just put things in perpective.  I'm no massive fan of McCann himself but he darted 30/40 yards and stuck the ball in the net in a county final..emotions can run high at such times.  Congratulations to Coalisland Fianna, slowly crawling closer to 15......  ::)

tiempo

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 22, 2018, 04:35:38 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on October 22, 2018, 03:37:59 PM

Very poor form from the county board if they stopped teamtalk covering the finals.

I thought Mickey ran team talk and the CB, did he phone himself up or what happened?