Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

They still do and can't accept the fact that 90% of their place names are just bad phonetic spellings of the original Gaeilge.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyCake

Quote from: seafoid on March 12, 2019, 04:38:46 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on March 12, 2019, 03:10:36 PM
Church influence, mass emigration and recession didn't stop at the border. Throw in 30+ years of the troubles and British state collusion/shoot to kill/internment etc etc.

While not meant as a partitionist post, just pointing out someone's fortune to be born on a certain side of the border.

Yes the north is a political cesspit which in turn influences economic affairs. Had the north a stable situation, things might be so different. And any prosperity it may have is all balanced on a knife edge. Brexit or a border poll, and the house of cards all comes tumbling down. The south doesn't live on such a precipice.

The border was pretty random
I think there were 3 options. Tyrone was only in one of them
What was unforgivable about the original elite of NI was the insistence that the people weren't Irish. They hated anything Irish
FFS

Did you expect anything else? Fenced-in Protestants holding the majority. An artificial state created for Protestants. Handed the steering wheel by London, and given free reign over a trod-down catholic population. Nobody to answer to. We are the people, the only ones that matter, a British state for British people. Why would they tolerate anything Irish in an artificial super-Brit state?

Given 100 years of ruling the roost, they're unlikely to move away from that behaviour.

marty34

Quote from: BennyCake on March 12, 2019, 06:12:13 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 12, 2019, 04:38:46 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on March 12, 2019, 03:10:36 PM
Church influence, mass emigration and recession didn't stop at the border. Throw in 30+ years of the troubles and British state collusion/shoot to kill/internment etc etc.

While not meant as a partitionist post, just pointing out someone's fortune to be born on a certain side of the border.

Yes the north is a political cesspit which in turn influences economic affairs. Had the north a stable situation, things might be so different. And any prosperity it may have is all balanced on a knife edge. Brexit or a border poll, and the house of cards all comes tumbling down. The south doesn't live on such a precipice.

The border was pretty random
I think there were 3 options. Tyrone was only in one of them
What was unforgivable about the original elite of NI was the insistence that the people weren't Irish. They hated anything Irish
FFS

Did you expect anything else? Fenced-in Protestants holding the majority. An artificial state created for Protestants. Handed the steering wheel by London, and given free reign over a trod-down catholic population. Nobody to answer to. We are the people, the only ones that matter, a British state for British people. Why would they tolerate anything Irish in an artificial super-Brit state?

Given 100 years of ruling the roost, they're unlikely to move away from that behaviour.

Correct - all this we need to buy the soft centre over and put our plan to them.  Won't work and will never work.  People need to understand this, especially in the 26 counties.

Rossfan

Up to the 6 Cos to vote first if/when there's a "Border poll".
I hope marty isn't leading the UI campaign.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on March 12, 2019, 07:59:37 PM

Up to the Secretary of state for NI to grant the referendum in the first place. If another one as idiotic as the current one gets the job, I wouldn't hold my breath on it happening any time soon.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Surely not even the Brits could have another as thick as Bradley  :o

imtommygunn

We said that with brokenshire and then we got her >:(

Snapchap

Quote from: Lar Naparka on March 11, 2019, 11:58:58 AM
<Sigh> ;D ;D
I see you still don't get the message so I'll spell it out for you.
The vast majority down here would be in favour of a UI. But we have enough problems of our own without having to put up with the antics of the lunatic fringe of SF.
If you and your ilk want to keep fighting the battle of the Boyne over and over again with the extreme loyalist mob who has as little time for compromise and dialogue as you have, them you can frig off and do your point scoring and coat trailing somewhere else.
It would appear that most of the Nationalist in NI are sensible people and know there is more to a UI than a mere majority of one in any referendum that might be held sometime in the future and  I, for one, would have no difficulty in welcoming them onboard.
It's the loolas fringe that concerns us down here. There's a serious possibility that there will be strong opposition from the loyalist faction as it is without you and your fellow-travellers stirring the shit for them.
I dunno why Charlie Flanagan didn't release any report into the murder of Aidan McAnespie and neither do you. It doesn't necessarily follow that he doesn't give a toss about the people of the 6 counties.
You sort out your differences with themmuns first before you bring your problems down here.

'Us down here' and 'your ilk up there'.

They say a good sign of intelligence is being able to put yourself in the shoes of someone else and to really properly see things from their perspective. Do those people in the 26 counties who use this sort of partitionist language with such relish ever stop and think why this disowning, identity-stripping language is so nauseating and infuriating to six county nationalists/republicans?

BennyCake

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 12, 2019, 09:47:42 PM

We also said that about Reid, Mandelson, Villiers, Woodward, Hain...

imtommygunn

Quote from: BennyCake on March 12, 2019, 10:04:21 PM

Yep.  >:(

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 12, 2019, 10:14:04 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on March 12, 2019, 10:04:21 PM

Yep.  >:(

I'd say getting picked as SoS for Northern Ireland is akin to a reward of sorts for unwavering loyalty but too dim to take on a top job and not do too much damage.

marty34

Quote from: Rossfan on March 12, 2019, 07:59:37 PM

We know what campaign you'll be leading!!!

Rossfan

If the 6 Cos vote to leave the "Precious Union"
In the subsequent Referendum here I will be voting for the 26 to take them in.
Now come out of your cave .

Baile Brigín 2

I'm not sure the 26c get a vote. The GFA says we do what tbe 6 want

Rossfan

Read it again buckeen.