Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 12, 2018, 03:10:40 PM
Just wondering what's people's views on Morgan now that he's a bit older and wiser.
I have never saw him play for the club but have been told he's a top out field player

To me he's a great shot stopper and seems to deal with the high ball reasonably well for not such a big guy.

I'm just wondering about him continuing to hit the far out frees. Do people feel he's got better at this or much the same. I'm not having a go at him and dont want lads to get all defensive and say stop talking about him just let him get on with it but in my eyes he continually misses more than he scores. I know he doesn't always get the easy ones to boost his confidence but I just wonder EVERY year would we not be better to take it short and try to work a score rather than just kicking away possession each time.

I think he's as good a keeper as in the country. I think he's been removed as our main free taker, he might take the odd one from distance but Peter Harte seems to be hitting 45s these days and possibly McAliskey might have a go when he's back.

Fuzzman

Lets count how many different players hit frees in every league game this year.

I'm expecting
1 Morgan
2 Harte
3 Skeet
4 Lee Brennan
5 McCurry

Doesn't McGeary hit the odd one too? Anyone else?

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 12, 2018, 03:57:33 PM
Lets count how many different players hit frees in every league game this year.

I'm expecting
1 Morgan
2 Harte
3 Skeet
4 Lee Brennan
5 McCurry

Doesn't McGeary hit the odd one too? Anyone else?

McGeary hits the left sided frees for us and did for St.Marys last year.

Il Bomber Destro

1. Mickey O'Neill Cluain Eo

2. Aidan McCrory Aireagal Chiaráin

3. Cathal McCarron An Droim Mhór

4. Michael Cassidy Ard Bó

5. Ciaran McLaughlin An Ómaigh

6. Matthew Donnelly Trí Leac

7. Kieran McGeary Cabhán a'Chaortainn

8. Ben McDonnell Aireagal Chiaráin

9. Declan McClure Cluain Eo

10. Richard Donnelly Trí Leac

11. Niall Sludden An Droim Mhór

12. Conal McCann Coill an Chlochair

13. Darren McCurry Éadan na dTorc

14. Ronan McHugh Achadh Uí Aráin

15. Connor McAliskey Cluain Eo

16. Niall Morgan Éadan na dTorc

17. Lee Brennan Trí Leac

18. Brendan Burns Cabhán a'Chaortainn

19. Frank Burns Cabhán a'Chaortainn

20. Pádraig Hampsey Oileán a'Ghuail

21.Conor Meyler An Ómaigh

22. Hugh Pat McGeary. Cabhán a'Chaortainn

23. Michael McKernan Oileán a'Ghuail

24. Ronan McNabb .An Droim Mhór

25. Padraig McNulty Dún Geanainn

26. Ronan O'Neill An Ómaigh

I'm quite interested in the prospect of McHugh this year, he seems to have been scoring well in whatever minutes he has gotten in the McKenna Cup so far. Compared to our other inside forwards he also has a bit more height, looks like he's around the 6ft mark so he gives us something different. He didn't really get much of a look in last year so hopefully that changes now.

Meyler also returns from action with St Marys.

skeog

Fermanagh very confident big crowd expected,Ricey factor,be good day out for the fans.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: skeog on January 13, 2018, 10:42:19 AM
Fermanagh very confident big crowd expected,Ricey factor,be good day out for the fans.

Seems to be a real vibe in Fermanagh this year. And unlike the Ulster Championship, they have won the McKenna Cu four-times previously.

the goal was on

Rory looking to put a marker down tommorrow, almost 4 months training done at this stage, playing very strong team throughout and expect 13/14 starters tommorrow. be a difficult game but if Fermanagh can't beat this Tyrone team with that preparation at home, then there is little hope for them comes summer

lenny

Quote from: the goal was on on January 13, 2018, 03:23:28 PM
Rory looking to put a marker down tommorrow, almost 4 months training done at this stage, playing very strong team throughout and expect 13/14 starters tommorrow. be a difficult game but if Fermanagh can't beat this Tyrone team with that preparation at home, then there is little hope for them comes summer

Jeez, by the sounds of things lads I should be getting down to the bookies to throw a few pounds on this new super power Fermanagh. Doesn't sound like you boys are giving tyrone much of a chance in this game the way you are building up the erne men.

southtyronegael

i, for the life of me cannot remember fermanagh beating us in a competitive game. not sure why anyone would think it will happen tomorrow.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 13, 2018, 06:51:12 PM
i, for the life of me cannot remember fermanagh beating us in a competitive game. not sure why anyone would think it will happen tomorrow.

Remember Brian McGuigan being shoved into the fence/sidelines and having to come off injured. Barry Owens had a tremendous game.

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/mpapps/pagetools/print/news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/4706538.stm

Fermanagh handed Tyrone their second defeat in seven days by deservedly winning 0-9 to 0-8 at Enniskillen.
Sean Cavanagh and Stephen O'Neill hit early points for Tyrone but the Red Hands then suffered a blow when Brian McGuigan was forced off by injury.

Fermanagh levelled at 0-4 apiece but Tyrone led 0-6 to 0-4 at the break.

Points from Brewster, Shane McDermott, Shane Goan and Ciaran O'Reilly put Fermanagh two ahead and they held on to maintain their 100 per cent record.

Fermanagh seemed to have more appetite for the game and their attitude was typified by the performances of defenders Barry Owens and Shane McDermott while O'Reilly, James Sherry and Ryan Keenan had fine games in attack.

Cavanagh and O'Neill scored the opening two points of the game but two O'Reilly scores and a Sherry effort put Fermanagh ahead.

Two O'Neill points restored Tyrone's lead before Sherry levelled the game again with Fermanagh's four point.

Tyrone finished the half the stronger thanks to a Cavanagh free and a Martin Penrose point which was nearly a goal with Fermanagh goalkeeper Chris O'Brien superbly deflecting the shot over the bar.

Amazingly, Tyrone were held scoreless for the opening 27 minutes of the second half as Fermanagh dominated possession.

They took the lead in the 50th minute when Shane Goan swung over a great point and Ciaran O'Reilly then added to the Erne lead.

O'Neill cut Fermanagh's lead to the minimum but Mark Little's point then restored Fermanagh's two-point advantage.

Tyrone's Peter Donnelly scored the final point of the match but Fermanagh were not to be denied.

southtyronegael

go easy on the drugs there st. galls.

the goal was on

Well a lot of Tyrone team today are hardly regulars and some are newbies not even sure of making panel I presume. Tyrone by 2!!!

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: the goal was on on January 14, 2018, 09:39:09 AM
Well a lot of Tyrone team today are hardly regulars and some are newbies not even sure of making panel I presume. Tyrone by 2!!!

It's still a fairly strong side but it's still early doors and Fermanagh would look to be a fair bit ahead of us in preparation.

I'd also imagine we won't be dropping any players off the panel after the McKenna Cup. We've lost Cavanagh, the two McMahons and Cahir McCullagh from last year's side, Munroe also left the panel at the end of the league last year so that's 5 players less than last year's squad and we only have the four new faces in.

Jim Bob

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 13, 2018, 06:51:12 PM

What are you on about? You are from Fermanagh !!!

longballin

By all accounts Tyrone still playing that defensive sh*te doesnt bode well for the real money in the months ahead.