Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: Clov on October 23, 2018, 10:41:41 PM
Quote from: Minder on October 23, 2018, 10:31:24 PM
Quote from: Clov on October 23, 2018, 09:56:14 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on October 23, 2018, 09:52:43 PM
Quote from: Clov on October 23, 2018, 09:50:58 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on October 23, 2018, 08:59:01 PM
Patrick Peterson probably on his way out of the Cardinals as well.

What's his contract situation like?
There are quite a few 'contenders' that are really struggling in the secondary this season, so you would think that would play to the Cardinals advantage in terms of compensation they can recoup.

2 years left.  I think they are looking for two first rounders. If they get that, they'll be happy.

That would be a good trade for the Cardinals if they can get it.

Two 1s would be a great deal, he is 28 so it's a "win now" (Chiefs?) team that will take the plunge you would think

He's been relatively injury free i think, so at 28 he could still have quite a few good years. Cornerback is one of those positions where players can have relatively long careers. That said, it will inevitably be a team in win now mode as you say as they will be the ones to overpay. I agree that the Chiefs are the most likely, followed by the Eagles and may be the Vikings?

Two first rounders for Patrick Peterson would be ridiculous. Can't see anyone doing that.

Therealdonald

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 23, 2018, 10:49:37 PM
Quote from: Clov on October 23, 2018, 10:41:41 PM
Quote from: Minder on October 23, 2018, 10:31:24 PM
Quote from: Clov on October 23, 2018, 09:56:14 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on October 23, 2018, 09:52:43 PM
Quote from: Clov on October 23, 2018, 09:50:58 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on October 23, 2018, 08:59:01 PM
Patrick Peterson probably on his way out of the Cardinals as well.

What's his contract situation like?
There are quite a few 'contenders' that are really struggling in the secondary this season, so you would think that would play to the Cardinals advantage in terms of compensation they can recoup.

2 years left.  I think they are looking for two first rounders. If they get that, they'll be happy.

That would be a good trade for the Cardinals if they can get it.

Two 1s would be a great deal, he is 28 so it's a "win now" (Chiefs?) team that will take the plunge you would think

He's been relatively injury free i think, so at 28 he could still have quite a few good years. Cornerback is one of those positions where players can have relatively long careers. That said, it will inevitably be a team in win now mode as you say as they will be the ones to overpay. I agree that the Chiefs are the most likely, followed by the Eagles and may be the Vikings?

Two first rounders for Patrick Peterson would be ridiculous. Can't see anyone doing that.

The Saints are struggling big time at CB as well. Lattimore has no help.

cadhlancian

💯 Seany !,, Wtf are you lads smoking ? If Arizona get a second rounder for him they'll be more than happy. Two 1st rounders? 😂😂😂 Where you on the beer when you typed that?
I guarantee you they'll be extremely lucky to get anything more than a second rounder for what is a good corner , nothing more.

cadhlancian

World Series just started. Probably will be one of the most watched in history I'd imagine with two such storied franchises....

Syferus

Quote from: cadhlancian on October 24, 2018, 01:16:23 AM
💯 Seany !,, Wtf are you lads smoking ? If Arizona get a second rounder for him they'll be more than happy. Two 1st rounders? 😂😂😂 Where you on the beer when you typed that?
I guarantee you they'll be extremely lucky to get anything more than a second rounder for what is a good corner , nothing more.

"Good corner"

Aka a Pro Bowl every season of his career and a three-time All-Pro.

Right.

cadhlancian

What's he worth then know it all?.

cadhlancian

The Pats or saints could possibly give a first rounder , knowing that it will probably be towards the end of the first round...

Oraisteach

Peterson is elite, no doubt, but I wouldn't give up two first rounders for him.  Then again, I'm also neither a general manager nor a coach with Super Bowl aspirations. So, a first rounder and maybe a 4th or 5th, then.

gawa316

Quote from: cadhlancian on October 24, 2018, 01:17:58 AM
World Series just started. Probably will be one of the most watched in history I'd imagine with two such storied franchises....

Good one to start it...8-4 Red Sox

AZOffaly

Quote from: cadhlancian on October 24, 2018, 01:53:19 AM

if Amari Cooper is 'worth' a first rounder, Peterson is surely worth at least one first rounder plus something else. This league is starved of cover corners. I actually agree with you that he's not as brilliant as made out, but he is up there with the better corners in the league as Syf points out.

I'd say they'll look for 2 1s, and end up with a 1 and a 3.

tyroneman

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 24, 2018, 08:20:20 AM
Quote from: cadhlancian on October 24, 2018, 01:53:19 AM

if Amari Cooper is 'worth' a first rounder, Peterson is surely worth at least one first rounder plus something else. This league is starved of cover corners. I actually agree with you that he's not as brilliant as made out, but he is up there with the better corners in the league as Syf points out.

I'd say they'll look for 2 1s, and end up with a 1 and a 3.

Depends on who has a need, who is stupid enough to make a desperate trade etc etc  - these things are never predictable.

Personally I would never have given a 2nd away with Mack, for 2 x firsts as he is a truly generational players....Raiders were stupid enough to do it

An Astrail

Quote from: gawa316 on October 24, 2018, 05:13:06 AM
Quote from: cadhlancian on October 24, 2018, 01:17:58 AM

Good one to start it...8-4 Red Sox

Now 2 up heading to LA

Gabriel_Hurl

Notre Dame will play Navy on August 29th 2020 at the Aviva.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 25, 2018, 04:44:29 PM

And another game every year until 2024.

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 25, 2018, 04:45:54 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 25, 2018, 04:44:29 PM

And another game every year until 2024.

I'm just totally non-plused by these games and I have a decent level of interest in college ball. Maybe if Auburn or Bama came over I'd go but the idea of attending a three or four hour event that's so stop and start and designed for TV when you're a neutral is hard to stomach. It's much easier to attend a field sport like gaelic football or hurling match as a neutral and enjoy yourself.