Can the Dubs do the 3 in a row?

Started by seafoid, March 28, 2017, 05:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 29, 2017, 09:48:01 AM
A serious question.
If all the other counties were peeved off with the amount of money Dublin were getting and proposed a motion to play the AI without the Dubs, could this motion be passed or would it get thrown out?

They'd never let us use their stadium for the final though.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fuzzman

We could move it to the real capital and their new stadium.

Serioulsy, Imagine how it would reinvigorate the Leinster championship and how Mayo could finally win Sam.
The Dubs are the problem here and taking them out of the equation would also remove the need for the blanket defence and we'd all get our game back.

I was gonna bring my kids to the Dubs v Rossie match on Sat night but my eldest said nah it will be all over after 15 mins and be boring.

Jinxy

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 29, 2017, 11:17:59 AM

Serioulsy, Imagine how it would reinvigorate the Leinster championship and how Mayo could finally win Sam.
The Dubs are the problem here and taking them out of the equation would also remove the need for the blanket defence and we'd all get our game back.

I was gonna bring my kids to the Dubs v Rossie match on Sat night but my eldest said nah it will be all over after 15 mins and be boring.

;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

heffo

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 29, 2017, 10:20:39 AM
A serious question.
If all the other counties were peeved off with the amount of money Dublin were getting and proposed a motion to play the AI without the Dubs, could this motion be passed or would it get thrown out?

Sure the Dubs don't steal the money! It's the 'other counties' who are supporting the grants etc, to the Dubs. It would be a bit hypocritical to throw them out of the All Ireland!

Will the Nordies be giving back the 4 z AI's that coincided with the 120m slush fund from the British govt?

moysider

Wouldn't be an AI without them. It would mean more to lose to them than win an AI without them.

Fuzzman

We'll be giving back nothing but cheek

mup

A serious question.

You think the GAA would allow such a motion? Their biggest project after Croke Park?

Not a chance.

Fuzzman

That's what I'm asking is it possible or are there structures in place to stop it happening?

tonto1888

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 29, 2017, 11:17:59 AM

Pretty sure the blanket defence was brought in before this current Dublin team got goong. Around 2003 I think actually

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: ballinaman on March 29, 2017, 08:40:20 AM
Will Dubs actually stop going to watch games is a better question. Attendances in parkhead this year remain high even though basically guaranteed to win every match. When Rangers did 9 leagues in a row in 90s, what were gates like?

Pretty terrible until Parkhead was redeveloped.
http://www.fitbastats.com/celtic/club_records_league_attendance.php

macdanger2

Quote from: Jinxy on March 29, 2017, 11:10:39 AM
A serious question.

They'd never let us use their stadium for the final though.

Lovely stadium in Limerick that doesn't get much use

INDIANA

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 29, 2017, 04:27:45 PM
That's what I'm asking is it possible or are there structures in place to stop it happening?

Tyrone should be omitted from the championship as they are currently the most boring team to watch.

They aren't even good enough to play puke football anymore.

Difficult times ahead for Tyrone. I feel for you.

Chin up kid.

yellowcard

Can't see the Dubs winning 3 in a row. They have the best side but mental tiredness and a lack of hunger will desert them in the latter stages. Very hard to keep going to the well and most of their best players have their best days behind them.

seafoid

Quote from: yellowcard on April 16, 2017, 01:31:27 PM
Can't see the Dubs winning 3 in a row. They have the best side but mental tiredness and a lack of hunger will desert them in the latter stages. Very hard to keep going to the well and most of their best players have their best days behind them.
Cluxton made his debut in 2001. Jaysus
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU