Maigh Eo v Dubh Linn, 24-Fea-2018, Páirc Mhic Éil

Started by macdanger2, February 20, 2018, 11:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: mrhardyannual on February 22, 2018, 10:03:12 PM
Quote from: Syferus on February 22, 2018, 08:32:16 PM
Quote from: blast05 on February 22, 2018, 08:26:49 PM
Quote from: Syferus on February 22, 2018, 04:09:43 PM
More like frozen lakes when it comes to McHale..

How's that massively expensive new Hyde pitch behaving itself ....... where a couple of weeks ago (Ros v Down) it wasn't able to handle a double header meaning Ros ladies v Meath was moved....

The pitch was so rock solid (after a week of showers) for the FBD final that the ball bounced over a Galway back to Enda, leading to a goal for us.

The worm has turned and it's yer pitch that's the provincial embarrassment..
I suppose it's too much to expect an expression of gratitude to Connacht Council and it's visionary Secretary for funding and guiding the pitch redevelopment :P :P :P

It was pretty much entirely funded by Croke Park. With the lack of funding Prenty has offered every Connacht county besides his own over the years for infrastructure projects I'm surprised you thought he had much to do with the new pitch.

blast05

How's that massively expensive new Hyde pitch behaving itself ....... where a couple of weeks ago (Ros v Down) it wasn't able to handle a double header meaning Ros ladies v Meath was moved....

The pitch was so rock solid (after a week of showers) for the FBD final that the ball bounced over a Galway back to Enda, leading to a goal for us.

Ahhhhh, perhaps focus on the question i asked  ::)

Crete Boom

Quote from: Syferus on February 22, 2018, 10:07:23 PM

I suppose it's too much to expect an expression of gratitude to Connacht Council and it's visionary Secretary for funding and guiding the pitch redevelopment :P :P :P

It was pretty much entirely funded by Croke Park. With the lack of funding Prenty has offered every Connacht county besides his own over the years for infrastructure projects I'm surprised you thought he had much to do with the new pitch.

What funding has Master Prenty given his own county in the last decade?

Kurtz

I was at this fixture in 2016
The pitch in Castlebar was like a swamp
The stand seems to be there to catch rain
Ended up moving because you get less wet outside the stand
Mayo just pulled and dragged but still lost

Syferus

Quote from: blast05 on February 23, 2018, 09:56:55 AM

Ahhhhh, perhaps focus on the question i asked  ::)

The week you mentioned nearly every inland game around us had to be called off. So what's the question? The pitch is great? That's a strange question.

TheGreatest

Best of luck to Mayo. A great team, great players who are role models and all round nice guys, we should give them an honorary all Ireland because they are so great.

From the Bunker

Quote from: TheGreatest on February 23, 2018, 01:47:41 PM
Best of luck to Mayo. A great team, great players who are role models and all round nice guys, we should give them an honorary all Ireland because they are so great.

And you are a great role model for you and your people! I know you wont be in McHale Park tomorrow! You are the fan who waits for Championship so you have all your games on your doorstep!

spuds

Quote from: TheGreatest on February 23, 2018, 01:47:41 PM
+1
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on February 22, 2018, 10:07:23 PM

Now, now Syf, you are being economical with the truth. The real reason it took umpteen years to get anything done with the bog Hyde was the row between the local club and the county board. From what a good Ballagh man told me, somebody local had grazing rights for his sheep there for the winter and didn't want to go look for somewhere else- or something like that.
Of course my informant might be exaggerating a wee bit but when you look at the bloody field he could well be right. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

ballinaman

Training pitches are a massive issue for Mayo football. McHale park currently has 1 training pitch and a 3/4 size bog pitch behind the Albany end. That's supposed to accommodate seniors, u20s, u17s and senior hurlers.......the ladies are based entirely out of Bekan. An absolute farce is one way of describing it. It's 100 euro a pop or 150 for pitch with flood lights in Bekan...Spend money on a stand in McHale rather than pitches sure  >:(

Blowitupref

Quote from: ballinaman on February 23, 2018, 03:38:38 PM
Training pitches are a massive issue for Mayo football. McHale park currently has 1 training pitch and a 3/4 size bog pitch behind the Albany end. That's supposed to accommodate seniors, u20s, u17s and senior hurlers.......the ladies are based entirely out of Bekan. An absolute farce is one way of describing it. It's 100 euro a pop or 150 for pitch with flood lights in Bekan...Spend money on a stand in McHale rather than pitches sure  >:(
No discount rate from Prenty for his own county?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Crete Boom

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 23, 2018, 03:47:32 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on February 23, 2018, 03:38:38 PM
No discount rate from Prenty for his own county?

Prenty's only county is the county of money an power!! Anyone who thinks the reason the Connacht centre of excellence is where it is has anything to do with him being from Mayo is naive to say the least. If the owner's land was in Wicklow then the Connacht centre of excellence would have been in Wicklow!!!
Hopefully after the McHale Park redevelopment debacle the Co Board can raise some money for the McHale park pitch which has been a joke for a while now, and the development of Mayo's own training centre near Balla.
If fairness to Prenty he treats everyone the same, he will overcharge you whether you are from Mayo, Roscommon , Galway, Sligo or Leitrim etc....

larryin89

John Prenty has done more for the GAA than all the posters in here put together and he does favour his own and why wouldn't he.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Blowitupref

Mayo team named but we all know at this stage they never line out as selected.

1. Rob Hennelly - Breaffy
2. Caolan Crowe - Garrymore
3. Ger Cafferkey - Ballina Stephenites
4. Eoin O'Donoghue - Belmullet
5. Colm Boyle - Davitts
6. Michael Hall - Breaffy
7. David Drake - Ballaghaderreen
8. Stephen Coen - Hollymount/Carramore
9. Jason Gibbons - Ballintubber
10. Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore
11. Aidan O'Shea - Breaffy
12. Diarmuid O'Connor - Ballintubber
13. Jason Doherty - Burrishoole
14. Andy Moran - Ballaghaderreen
15. Adam Gallagher - Mayo Gaels
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 23, 2018, 08:48:04 PM
Mayo team named but we all know at this stage they never line out as selected.

1. Rob Hennelly - Breaffy
2. Caolan Crowe - Garrymore
3. Ger Cafferkey - Ballina Stephenites
4. Eoin O'Donoghue - Belmullet
5. Colm Boyle - Davitts
6. Michael Hall - Breaffy
7. David Drake - Ballaghaderreen
8. Stephen Coen - Hollymount/Carramore
9. Jason Gibbons - Ballintubber
10. Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore
11. Aidan O'Shea - Breaffy
12. Diarmuid O'Connor - Ballintubber
13. Jason Doherty - Burrishoole
14. Andy Moran - Ballaghaderreen
15. Adam Gallagher - Mayo Gaels
I'm hoping his return to form continues. That lad oozes class.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi