Jim Gavin joins up with Mickey Harte

Started by seafoid, February 14, 2018, 02:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bob

Quote from: whitey on February 14, 2018, 05:08:34 PM
I wonder how Jim Bob would feel if the Commercial Director from a competing county was allowed to put in a guest appearance on the Sunday Game and cast dispersions on some of his best players using grainy and inconclusive video evidence

I wouldn't like it 😅😅😅

From the Bunker

Quote from: TheGreatest on February 14, 2018, 03:33:37 PM
Well done Jim Gavin.

Yes well done Jim! How dare a Television Company located in Dublin deny the Dublin team their exclusive rights to Dublin Game DVD's! Any way Jim is a busy man. I'm sure he does not have time for interviews after games, sure there are all those e-mails to be checked for work.

longballin

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on February 14, 2018, 07:05:21 PM
I'm no fan of Mickey Harte but at least he has a genuine grievance against RTE.

so he dont speal to them but let the players speak.

redzone

Quote from: longballin on February 14, 2018, 07:18:56 PM
Quote from: redzone on February 14, 2018, 06:52:19 PM
Quote from: longballin on February 14, 2018, 05:00:49 PM
will Jim make his players do same as Harte as done?
How come not one ex player has ever came out and said there is a ban. Because there isn't one. Quit making up lies

they know they cant step outside it. Ffs! Sean Cavanagh was on RTE less than 24 hours after his last game.
The reason none of the players speak to rte is because it's a there way of showing Harte that they believe in him and support him 100%. That's straight from a players mouth. If you were the manager longballin and rte made a sketch that made fun of what happened I'd say the lads would show you the same solidarity. Harte will never talk to rte again, and if you were in his shoes neither would you

Give and Go

Quote from: redzone on February 14, 2018, 07:49:31 PM
How come not one ex player has ever came out and said there is a ban. Because there isn't one. Quit making up lies

they know they cant step outside it. Ffs! Sean Cavanagh was on RTE less than 24 hours after his last game.
100% agree
The reason none of the players speak to rte is because it's a there way of showing Harte that they believe in him and support him 100%. That's straight from a players mouth. If you were the manager longballin and rte made a sketch that made fun of what happened I'd say the lads would show you the same solidarity. Harte will never talk to rte again, and if you were in his shoes neither would you

longballin

RTE made fun of him telling them they had to use Brian Carty to commentate for more games. If players feel so strongly why go on RTE as soon as their Tyrone careers are over?  captain Sean within a day.

redzone

Quote from: longballin on February 14, 2018, 08:07:32 PM

RTE made fun of him telling them they had to use Brian Carty for more games. If players feel so strongly why go on RTEas soon as their Tyrone careers are over... captain Sean within a day.
That's the weirdest bit of attempted humour ever. Loser

longballin

Quote from: redzone on February 14, 2018, 08:12:49 PM
Quote from: longballin on February 14, 2018, 08:07:32 PM

RTE made fun of him telling them they had to use Brian Carty for more games. If players feel so strongly why go on RTEas soon as their Tyrone careers are over... captain Sean within a day.
That's the weirdest bit of attempted humour ever. Loser

yeah wasnt overly funny was really saying you wont tell us what to do.

southtyronegael

It was really just rte saying f**k off Harte and keep your nose out of our business. Couldn't blame them for it although they could have done it with a bit  more tact.

heffo

Quote from: southtyronegael on February 14, 2018, 08:34:46 PM
It was really just rte saying f**k off Harte and keep your nose out of our business. Couldn't blame them for it although they could have done it with a bit  more tact.

Their response taking the piss out of him trying to influence Carty's position was right.

Playing the song and the reference/connection to Michaela was beyond awful and if they were truly sorry, the RTE Director General and Head of Sport would've been on Harte's doorstep the next day.

longballin

Quote from: heffo on February 14, 2018, 08:41:56 PM

Their response taking the piss out of him trying to influence Carty's position was right.

Playing the song and the reference/connection to Michaela was beyond awful and if they were truly sorry, the RTE Director General and Head of Sport would've been on Harte's doorstep the next day.

I really dont believe it was a reference to Michaela... Jesus! no way.

BennyCake

Other than Davey Fitz I couldn't care less if I heard any managers interviewed ever again. Pundits the same.

Do what TG4 do Monday nights. Show the highlights, then feck off.

trileacman

Harte had a genuine grievance with RTÉ, he took the choice of skit song as a slight against his daygters death. To be fair to Harte he never fell out with them before, talking to them all through the puke football debacle and brollys rants.

And Harte has no media ban in place either. Previous panels have been free to speak to RTÉ but thought better of it given the poor taste in which RTÉ lampooned their manager and cousin of one of their team mates.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

trileacman

Quote from: longballin on February 14, 2018, 08:45:22 PM

It may not have been deliberate but still doesn't excuse the fact it was in very poor taste. Look at Barry Mc elduff and kingsmilgate, it may not have been deliberate but all the same a simple apology couldn't take it back. Same in this case of hartes and RTÉ.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

longballin

Quote from: trileacman on February 15, 2018, 02:04:15 AM
Quote from: longballin on February 14, 2018, 08:45:22 PM

It may not have been deliberate but still doesn't excuse the fact it was in very poor taste. Look at Barry Mc elduff and kingsmilgate, it may not have been deliberate but all the same a simple apology couldn't take it back. Same in this case of hartes and RTÉ.

Yeah I think McElduff should not have been cast into the wilderness. I dont see why players are also made to not speak to RTE if Mickey doesnt want to fair enough. If was so deeply held conviction by players they would still hold the line after their Tyrone careers were over. Harte was furious with Cavanagh and others for going on RTE after and I know thats true from one of them.