Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 23, 2017, 11:28:58 PM
Ye may ask the Trone wans. Theybe won 3 all irelands since then but they still havent got over it  :D

Haven't got over what?
That was never a square ball!!

BennyCake

Quote from: BennyHarp on October 23, 2017, 11:50:42 PM
Ye may ask the Trone wans. Theybe won 3 all irelands since then but they still havent got over it  :D

Haven't got over what?

The bill from the 3 refs.

Jim Bob

I m asking Screenexile!!

redhandefender

Quote from: screenexile on October 23, 2017, 11:21:52 PM
Quote from: trileacman on October 23, 2017, 09:30:44 PM
All that kidney stuff is bollix.

Why does donating a kidney give you carte blanche to insult and deride people when giving ~15 years of your life for free to entertain and inspire thousands of people doesn't entitle you to have a whip-around when you finish up?

Oh look more Tyrone men who didn't like Brolly blowing kisses at them. . .

You think we haven't got over a goal he scored in the 90's lol, think we have cememnted our place in history since that. hows Londonderry going. God know who brolly was blowing a kiss to in the crowd, I'm sure he had an eye on a few!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: johnneycool on October 23, 2017, 03:03:33 PM
Quote from: Minder on October 22, 2017, 08:43:03 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on October 22, 2017, 08:30:11 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on October 22, 2017, 07:23:54 PM
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/joe-brolly-its-now-a-question-of-what-we-truly-stand-for-36249217.html

is this total shite or retrospective? bizarre it would be Oct before an under 16 final would need to be played in any county.

Its Antrim

Down Minor hurling still hasn't be finished, we've another week and two days to wait for that final on the first of november.

Even the North Mayo u16 final between ourselves and Belmullet has to be played. Thankfully this is not linked to the county championship anymore.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Hound on October 23, 2017, 02:30:09 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on October 22, 2017, 10:09:46 PM

I thought his piece today was excellent. Comparing all the unheralded work done by volunteers in the GAA against Colm Copper's "testimonial" dinner.

While I generally like Brolly and generally don't like Cooper, I find this type of comparison as pure nonsense.

Cooper's dinner has no impact whatsoever on the "unheralded work done by volunteers".
Cooper is a GAA superstar, and if he wants to sell a dinner, then I couldnt give a rat's ass. Doesn't affect me one iota, and I certainly won't buy a seat. But there's no reason for me to stop someone else buying a seat, if that's what they really want to do.

FFS, the "woe is me" shite about volunteers is vomit inducing. Of course it's "unheralded work", that's why we need to get volunteers to do it!

Cooper is also a volunteer at Dr Crokes, still playing senior and helps out with coaching of one of the underage teams (U16 I think). And turns up for all kinds of events run by the club.

Do you not think Hound that this whip around certainly won't make the volunteers job any easier? A company after spending €5K on a table is much less likely to sponsor a senior team, a person who buys a seat at the table is much less likely to sponsor an underage set of jerseys, etc. And this is just the first of them, wait until they are ten a penny and all these sponsorship's flow away like the tide. Then see how much longer some poor fella has to spend ringing around trying to source sponsors, etc. It's hard enough as it is.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Franko

Quote from: redhandefender on October 24, 2017, 09:23:17 AM

Why does donating a kidney give you carte blanche to insult and deride people when giving ~15 years of your life for free to entertain and inspire thousands of people doesn't entitle you to have a whip-around when you finish up?

You think we haven't got over a goal he scored in the 90's lol, think we have cememnted our place in history since that. hows Londonderry going. God know who brolly was blowing a kiss to in the crowd, I'm sure he had an eye on a few!

Ah ffs, our association should be proud to have members like you.   ::)

Last Man

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 24, 2017, 09:49:02 AM
Quote from: Hound on October 23, 2017, 02:30:09 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on October 22, 2017, 10:09:46 PM

I thought his piece today was excellent. Comparing all the unheralded work done by volunteers in the GAA against Colm Copper's "testimonial" dinner.

While I generally like Brolly and generally don't like Cooper, I find this type of comparison as pure nonsense.

Cooper's dinner has no impact whatsoever on the "unheralded work done by volunteers".
Cooper is a GAA superstar, and if he wants to sell a dinner, then I couldnt give a rat's ass. Doesn't affect me one iota, and I certainly won't buy a seat. But there's no reason for me to stop someone else buying a seat, if that's what they really want to do.

FFS, the "woe is me" shite about volunteers is vomit inducing. Of course it's "unheralded work", that's why we need to get volunteers to do it!

Cooper is also a volunteer at Dr Crokes, still playing senior and helps out with coaching of one of the underage teams (U16 I think). And turns up for all kinds of events run by the club.

Do you not think Hound that this whip around certainly won't make the volunteers job any easier? A company after spending €5K on a table is much less likely to sponsor a senior team, a person who buys a seat at the table is much less likely to sponsor an underage set of jerseys, etc. And this is just the first of them, wait until they are ten a penny and all these sponsorship's flow away like the tide. Then see how much longer some poor fella has to spend ringing around trying to source sponsors, etc. It's hard enough as it is.

100% Correct.

redhandefender

Quote from: Franko on October 24, 2017, 10:54:19 AM

dry your eyes princess

Franko

Quote from: redhandefender on October 24, 2017, 12:23:48 PM

dry your eyes princess

Haha, brilliant!  From the guy who has moaned like a little bitch for 200 pages about Joe Brolly calling the wee Tyrone boys names!

;D ;D ;D

Orchard park

It speaks volumes of society in general and this board that Joe Brolly attracts much more negativity and abuse here than Tom Humphries

redhandefender

Quote from: Franko on October 24, 2017, 01:38:59 PM
Quote from: redhandefender on October 24, 2017, 12:23:48 PM

dry your eyes princess

Haha, brilliant!  From the guy who has moaned like a little bitch for 200 pages about Joe Brolly calling the wee Tyrone boys names!

;D ;D ;D

He can call them what he wants I simply argued against this view that he is some kind of saint and genius barrister. Although I don't actually know what you're referring to

screenexile

That's right he's not a genius barrister. . . he's just a pretty smart one!!

On the Tom Humphries one I don't think that's fair he hasn't been about in a while and Brolly is a much more high profile figure especially in the GAA so is going to attract more attention on a board like this. . .

Orchard park

Humprhies is pretty high profile for the last month............

redhandefender

Quote from: screenexile on October 24, 2017, 03:24:32 PM
That's right he's not a genius manager. . . he's just a pretty smart one!!

On the Tom Humphries one I don't think that's fair he hasn't been about in a while and Brolly is a much more high profile figure especially in the GAA so is going to attract more attention on a board like this. . .

In comparison to the general standard of dummies in his county, yes.