The far right

Started by seafoid, March 28, 2024, 09:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: burdizzo on May 10, 2024, 06:04:27 PMWhat a bizarre question.
I am blaming the government for allowing these levels of immigration.
Puh.

what's the problem with immigration? what level is acceptable to you?

burdizzo

Ideally, immigration levels would be very low: the problem with massive demographic change is that the host society loses in the long run. Were the plantations of Ireland a good idea?

AustinPowers

Quote from: burdizzo on May 10, 2024, 09:20:32 PMIdeally, immigration levels would be very low: the problem with massive demographic change is that the host society loses in the long run. Were the plantations of Ireland a good idea?

Depends who you ask

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: burdizzo on May 10, 2024, 09:20:32 PMIdeally, immigration levels would be very low: the problem with massive demographic change is that the host society loses in the long run. Were the plantations of Ireland a good idea?

what's very low? what's massive demographic change?

the plantation was not immigration that was colonisation. are you suggesting we are being colonised?

burdizzo

Very low would be what we had prior to 1992. Massive demographic change is now.
The plantations were still immigration. You can play with words all you like, but that's what is was - organised immigration. Was it good for the host society? Were the early waves of immigration to the 'new world' good for the host societies? Was the immigration of Jews to the Middle East a good idea?(!) Will the current massive demographic change be good for Ireland?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: burdizzo on May 10, 2024, 10:17:27 PMVery low would be what we had prior to 1992. Massive demographic change is now.
The plantations were still immigration. You can play with words all you like, but that's what is was - organised immigration. Was it good for the host society? Were the early waves of immigration to the 'new world' good for the host societies? Was the immigration of Jews to the Middle East a good idea?(!) Will the current massive demographic change be good for Ireland?

My head is sore!

Look, it's simple Ireland is part of the EU, we have do our share and a duty of care also to people that come to this island and claim asylum, are some of them wrong? Dam tight they are and what needs to happen is a better process to fix it.

Burning hostels and hate marches not going to fix it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: burdizzo on May 10, 2024, 10:17:27 PMVery low would be what we had prior to 1992. Massive demographic change is now.

immigration and colonisation are not the same. Are you suggesting they are and what's happening now is organised immigration/colonisation?

you want to go back the 80s when over 400,000 had to emigrate. the 'massive demographic change' seems to doing alright for the country compared to the 80s.

burdizzo

No, I'm drawing a line between periods of large-scale immigration. Simple as that. You're trying to put words in my mouth. You may want to engage in semantics, but my point was that massive demographic change is not good for the host society in the long run.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: burdizzo on May 10, 2024, 10:57:16 PMNo, I'm drawing a line between periods of large-scale immigration. Simple as that. You're trying to put words in my mouth. You may want to engage in semantics, but my point was that massive demographic change is not good for the host society in the long run.

its not as simple as that..

semantics? we are not being colonised..That's not semantics. loads of empty rhetoric

burdizzo

Not at all - 'tis not I engaging in empty rhetoric. Whether you call it plantation, colonisation, large-scale immigration, or massive demographic change, it still amounts to a bad deal for the host society. I actually think you're being deliberately evasive, but whatever.

Padraic Henry Pearse must be turning in his grave.

Good night.

Armagh18

Drive through any medium size town in Ireland today. Who are standing on the streets? They're are either immigrants or Irish fellas who have seriously over done on the sunbeds... Keady, Armagh, Ballybay, Newtown, Dungannon etc etc...

Duine Inteacht Eile

Quote from: burdizzo on May 10, 2024, 10:57:16 PMNo, I'm drawing a line between periods of large-scale immigration. Simple as that. You're trying to put words in my mouth. You may want to engage in semantics, but my point was that massive demographic change is not good for the host society in the long run.
You're not so bad at it yourself, Mr Plantation.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: burdizzo on May 10, 2024, 11:35:19 PMNot at all - 'tis not I engaging in empty rhetoric. Whether you call it plantation, colonisation, large-scale immigration, or massive demographic change, it still amounts to a bad deal for the host society. I actually think you're being deliberately evasive, but whatever.

Padraic Henry Pearse must be turning in his grave.

Good night.

from the poster  who brought us this..
QuoteAnd now you label anyone who wants national borders and sovereignty upheld a fascist? You don't really have a clue what fascism is, do you
?