Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guevara

God thats hilarious!! actually the Banbridge team & management were in our social club for tea & sandwiches after our game last week!
Im not saying 16 year olds should get special protection but its cowardly for grown men to target young guys simply because of their age!!
This isnt about disciplinary records as I have al;ready said alot happens off the ball that referees simply cannot see!

"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

Minus15

any word of how Glenn v ardglass went earlier?

supersub

rostrevor beat ballyholand by a point on saturday evenin!

Dannymcfella

Quote from: SCENTOFSAM on September 20, 2008, 11:38:46 PM
Quote from: guevara on September 20, 2008, 10:21:15 PM
Quote from: gorm agus bui on September 20, 2008, 03:46:06 PM
Quote from: guevara on September 20, 2008, 03:32:10 PM
Warrenpoint recorded a great win in Downpatrick last nite under the lights.
Witnessed some of the biggest acts of thuggery Ive ever seen on a football pitch our fullback got emptied after ten mins and Downpatrick done nothing but fight off the ball!
Point were better team by a mile and played the footbalkl!
Ref cant be blamed though as a lot was going on behind his back.
Football won the battle last night!!!
Never read as much nonsense in my life. Warrenpoint did deserve the win as they were able to score all the frees they were awarded but they were their usual cowardly niggly selves. Sneaky leaving the boot in, mouthy, diving like O'mahoney. full back did indeed get emptied for a cowardly punch in the back of the head. He will think next time he tries something like that.
But then going on past history of reporting alleged attacks Warrenpoint do have form for dodgy reporting.
for the record i am not from Downpatrick but might be playing against the Point next year as they will still be in Div 2

Really???? because the club umpire has informed me that the full forward just turned and thumped Brendan and the lad himself has verified this. Kearney wouldnt be type of boy to fight at all.
Even some Downpatrick players were saying to our players that is same every week with the fighting and brawling and A East Down man informed me of the same as did a Banbridge supporter.
Were does your cowardice argument come from? Our boys played the football and your players were running about trying to hit young guys like 16 year old Ross McGarry.
We got frees for fouls! thats the rules in truth we shouldve won by more.
Ask my brother am I a Liar!!
Our full foprward is one big gentle giant and has never been involved in anything like this before. Our umpire said he got a dig in the back of the head and just  took your mans lights out
For the record mate there has not been one schmozzle, fight, raised fist or any incident in any of our games this year nor would Isay last year.( bar a couple of times in Warrenpoint this year when some  of your lads were acting the wag and needed thier ears cuffed)
Downpatrick would have one of the best discipliary records in the county with not a red card for about three years or so.
I did not think you boys spoke to the Banbridge club. Just wrote about them in the paper

What about the downpatrick full forward who punched mal magee against banbridge.
The majority of the banbridge and warrenpoint lads do get on with eachother

guevara

[/quote]

What about the downpatrick full forward who punched mal magee against banbridge.
The majority of the banbridge and warrenpoint lads do get on with eachother
[/quote]

Now Danny dont be revealing that !!!! apparently we all hate eachother or at least in everyone elses eyes we do!
Even in our Championship game with Banbridge there was no dirtyness it was a clean game with few incidents.
Last weeks game was exactly the same.

The Downpatrick lads just dont wanna admit that once they couldnt beat the Point at football they decided a more underhand tactic.
Your full forward was getting a roasting and his frustration boiled over! Then he got cleaned for the rest of the game too.
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

SCENTOFSAM

must be a different game as he was taken off before half time

guevara

Why was he taken off??? he was getting roasted!
Few years ago the tactic of putting it up to us wouldve worked and Warrenpoint probably wouldve folded but this year the team seems to stand up when confronted with this tactic, not by throwing punches but by putting scores on the board!

We have a very young team that if held together could improve with time and the right people in charge

Michael Jordan

No1

QuoteDownpatrick would have one of the best discipliary records in the county with not a red card for about three years or so.

;D  :D  ;D   :D  ;D  :D

FFS lad, John Smith is a walking disciplinary record! Just ask big Evans!!!

Anyone confirm the Tullylish result?  That puts us even deeper into the shite.

stpauls

Quote from: No1 on September 21, 2008, 11:21:01 AM
QuoteDownpatrick would have one of the best discipliary records in the county with not a red card for about three years or so.

;D  :D  ;D   :D  ;D  :D

FFS lad, John Smith is a walking disciplinary record! Just ask big Evans!!!

was speaking to Kevin Blaney this morning, draw is the correct result, don't know the final score though!!

cloneman

Quote from: No1 on September 21, 2008, 11:21:01 AM

Our match with Tullylish finished a draw 1-12 to 0-15 I think.  Tullylish levelled the match in something like the 7th minute of injury time though in fairness were probably good value for their point.

I think we head up your direction next saturday No1 with both teams desparate for the points!!

spiritof91and94

Quote from: supersub on September 21, 2008, 03:53:35 AM
rostrevor beat ballyholand by a point on saturday evenin!
Ballyholland must gone now?

DownFanatic

Latest ACFL Division 2 Table

Bryansford  18   34
Clann na Banna 16  24
Annaclone  19   23
Warrenpoint  16   22
----------------------------------
Shamrocks  18  20
Ballymartin  17  19
Darragh Cross  18   19
Attical  19   17
--------------------------------
Downpatrick  18  14
Tullylish   19  11
Kilclief   17   9
Dundrum   18   2

Outstanding Fixtures:  Kilcilef v Banbridge + Kilclief v Warrenpoint + Banbridge v Warrenpoint + Ballymartin v Darragh Cross

centre 3/4s

is there  a full programme this wek does anyone know?

Maiden1

There are no proofs, only opinions.

Maiden1

Looks like Bryansford, Clann na Banna, Warrenpoint are in a strong position to  make the playoffs.   A few teams still in with a shout for the last place.
There are no proofs, only opinions.