Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldenyears

cant believe the bridge dont have an away set of jerseys, harps have 3 sets, green, yellow and navy. and we're a lowly wee second division team! ;)

ps can anyone post the latest div 1 league table plz? not good reading for ballyholland, looks like the ignominy of auto relegation without playoffs!!

amallon

The Bridge have plenty of sets of jerseys but they are always a variation of the same theme.  I think the Bridge do normally get a new set of jerseys for the final but I would imagine the club would want them to get more than one wear out of them.  BridgeGael will know the exact story.

GoldenYears - Did Paul Murphy pick up a bad injury at the weekend? 
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

No1

QuoteIFC Semi-Finals
Darragh Cross 2-9 Kilclief 1-9

Congrats to Darragh Cross, even without 3 or 4 regulars they were fitter, stronger, faster and far hungrier than us. 

The scoreline flatters us, don't know where we will go from here.

Super Dupe

Quote from: amallon on September 15, 2008, 10:39:37 AM
The Bridge have plenty of sets of jerseys but they are always a variation of the same theme.  I think the Bridge do normally get a new set of jerseys for the final but I would imagine the club would want them to get more than one wear out of them.  BridgeGael will know the exact story.

Bad enough to have him carried off the field in serious pain.  But not bad enough to see him clear a 4 foot fence, run through the stand in a pair of football boots and get involved with a supporter  ???

off the laces

Quote from: No1 on September 15, 2008, 11:13:52 AM
QuoteIFC Semi-Finals
Darragh Cross 2-9 Kilclief 1-9

Congrats to Darragh Cross, even without 3 or 4 regulars they were fitter, stronger, faster and far hungrier than us. 

The scoreline flatters us, don't know where we will go from here.
unless you get your finger out division THREE  ;D ;D
we did have a game yesterday but boys playing ground ball does not worry us, but playing for strangford would worry anyone name and shame them No1
Keeps 'er' straight

Bitta-Banter

Sundays two intermediate semifinals were strange games.Darragh Cross and Annaclone seemed to be just doing what they needed to do.Neither killed off the opposition even though it seemed like they would.Darragh seemed to get scores only when they needed them,Annaclone probably thought they ended their game when 7 up in the second half.
I fancy Kilclief to stay up in Division 2 this year.They have Dundrum next and they also have Tullylish to play so its up to themselves.Think they are harder to beat than Tullylish.Fancy Glassdrumman to come up as winners from the 3rd,dunno who will accompany them.

off the laces

I fancy Kilclief to stay up in Division 2 this year.They have Dundrum next and they also have Tullylish to play so its up to themselves.Think they are harder to beat than Tullylish.Fancy Glassdrumman to come up as winners from the 3rd,dunno who will accompany them.[/quote]
If Kilclief play football they possibly will stay up but if they go out and try to kick teams off the park they will end up like ardglass a bunch off nearly men.
Glassdrumman up along with breadagh
Duns will be tough playing for a bit off pride and tullylish in laurencetown a tight heavy pitch are hard to beat.
Keeps 'er' straight

Bitta-Banter

Off The Laces if I was from Kilclief id be very offended if u were trying to compare them to Ardglass!!Both are neighbours but seem to have a very different attitude and outlook.

Green+Gold

Any word yet on when and where the Sfc, Ifc & Jfc finals will be played?

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Super Dupe on September 15, 2008, 11:14:14 AM
Quote from: amallon on September 15, 2008, 10:39:37 AM

Bad enough to have him carried off the field in serious pain.  But not bad enough to see him clear a 4 foot fence, run through the stand in a pair of football boots and get involved with a supporter  ???

Heard the same myself, heard a few other players were involved also? Any ballyholland supporters shed any light?

gorm agus bui

Thats several incidents over the past few weeks reported here. Mayobridge match, SFC game at Pairc Esler and now the Ballyholland match.
Has any action been taken by or proposed by CCC.
If this was taking place at soccer grounds we would be shouting it from the roof tops

supersub

never heard anything more about bridge brawl, nothings been said amongst the rostrevor committee

The Corporal

Quote from: off the laces on September 15, 2008, 11:35:14 AM

I fancy Kilclief to stay up in Division 2 this year.They have Dundrum next and they also have Tullylish to play so its up to themselves.Think they are harder to beat than Tullylish.Fancy Glassdrumman to come up as winners from the 3rd,dunno who will accompany them.
If Kilclief play football they possibly will stay up but if they go out and try to kick teams off the park they will end up like ardglass a bunch off nearly men.
Glassdrumman up along with breadagh
Duns will be tough playing for a bit off pride and tullylish in laurencetown a tight heavy pitch are hard to beat.
[/quote]

Tullylish 0-04 Bryansford 3-23, earlier scoreline from the season doesnt pay justice to this statement

umpire

Div one league games
An Riocht 2.14 Ballyholland 2.11
Castlewellan 1.13 Longstone 0.8

Does anyone know the result of Clonduff v Liatroim's game so i will put up the latest Div one league table

miss mess

clonduff & liatroim was called off due to a hurling match or somthing