IFC
Annaclone v Glasdrumman; Annaclone
Darragh Cross v Kilclief; Darragh Cross

JFC
Aghaderg v Bright; Aghaderg
St John v St Pauls; St Paul

Dulaney

Any chance fordsupporter you're on the Bryansford minor team?? ;D
I watched the bridge minors come through 2 hard games against Kilcoo, they have a right team with some talented footballers who will be pushing onto the seniors in a year or two (Ryan Brady already is), those close encounters might stand to them if the final is a tight affair (which on previous history it should be). How has the fords run to final been like, i know they didn't get it to handy in their semifinal win over Bredagh!!
I'd say it will be a close and hard fought final, both teams have talented men up the middle, it might come down to how the less notable boys react to the big day!! i think the bridge might shade it by 1/2 points in the final simply due to their determination which they showed against Kilcoo and maybe the revenge factor from the u-16 final 2 years ago!!

Senior Championship Predictions:
Saval v Mayobridge; (Mayobridge by a bag full, i don't mean to be disrespectful to saval but Ballyholland and Liatroim could been seen as an easy pathway to the semi's and i dint think their defence will be able to cope with the mayobridge attack. Danny Hughes won't get as much freedom from Gavin Barry as he has enjoyed or any of their other forwards for that matter, the entire mayobridge defence was impressive against Bryansford.

Loughinisland v Burren (Burren to come through after a bit of a scare, previous to watching Burren's annihilation of Kilcoo i would have been uncertain which way this would go but Burren seem to be peaking at the right time and McGovern, McCartan and co. should see the game out. However if Loughinisland are wary of short kick-outs (I'm sure burren will have some method to take big Dan out) and pressurise Mckernan on the ball for he is the main person who carries the ball out of defence and delivers it into the forwards, then likes of the 2 O'Reilly's definitely can cause trouble for the Burren defence

Intermediate Championship:
Annaclone v Glasdrumman: Annaclone should win this one, they finished well against Drumgath and on paper are favourites for this intermediate c/ship, although they should have had Drumgath beaten well before the final whistle but let them back into it. they mightn't as lucky if they give Glasdrumman that opportunity!!

Darragh Cross v Kilclief; Darragh Cross was very impressed with these boys in their 1/4 final victory over a Shamrocks side full of county players ???, they seem have a few dangerous forwards and have a high work-rate. the introduction of the young lad Mageean back from America will help them if he can stay injury free :D

Junior Championship: can't say i know alot about any of the the teams but I'd go for
St Pauls v St Johns; St Pauls
Aghaderg v Bright ; Aghaderg

Whitehair

QuoteDarragh Cross v Kilclief; Darragh Cross was very impressed with these boys in their 1/4 final victory over a Shamrocks side full of county players , they seem have a few dangerous forwards and have a high work-rate. the introduction of the young lad Mageean back from America will help them if he can stay injury free

Eh Dulaney whats with the smile face in relation to Mageean and being injury free? If its Padraig you are referring to then someone suffering a cruciate injurys far from a laughing matter!

D4S

I hear there may be a round of senior league fixtures this saturday, except for those playing championship football, anyone know or hear about this?
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

upthehoops

Downpatrick play Clann na Banna on Thursday night . First competitive game under the new lights at Downpatrick. 8pm throw in

DownFanatic

Down ACFL Division 2
Tullylish 0-14  Dundrum 1-03

That's us relegated.

DownFanatic

Thursday 11th Sept 8 00
ACFL Div 2
Downpatrick v Clann na Banna
Friday 12th 7 00 Pairc Esler
Democrat Media JHC Final
Cluain Daimh v Baile Aileach(Sean Fitzsimmons)
Pairc Esler 8 30
Powerade SFC Semi Final
Droichead Mhaigh Eo v Sabhaill(B Rice)
Saturday 13th Sept 4 00 Newcastle
Around A Pound IFC Semi Final
Cill Cleithe v Crois Darach(D Laverty)
Newcastle 5 30
Around A Pound IFC Semi Final
Glasdromainn v Eanach Cluana(N Morgan)
Sunday 13th 1 00
ACFL Div 1
Clonduff v Liatroim
Castlewellan v Longstone
An Riocht v Ballyholland
ACFL Div 2
Warrenpoint v Clann na Banna
ACFL Div 3
Drumgath v Saul
St Micheals v Carryduff
Mitchels v St John Bosco
Ardglass v Drumaness
Sunday 1 30 in Kilclief
Democrat Media SHC Semi Final
Baile Mhic Uileagoid v An Duin Theas(P Braniff)
Sunday 2 00 Darragh Cross
JFC Semi Final
Naomh Eoin v Naomh Pol(O Burke)
4 30 Pairc Esler
JFC Semi Final
Achada Dearg v Breachtain(A Grant)
6 00 Pairc Esler
Powerade SFC Semi Final
Boireann v Loch An Oileain(N Cousins)
Sunday 5 30 Ballygalget
Democrat Media SHC Semi Final
Baille Crann v Port ab Pheire(HP Mc Cusker)

umpire

Monday night
Div one
Rostrevor 0.14 Burren 0.8

umpire

Monday 8th Sept
Div one table

P   W   D     L   Pts     SD   Teams
17   15   0     2   30     99   Mayobridge
17   12   1     4   25     77   Kilcoo
18   10   2     6   22     19   Rostrevor
17   10   0     7   20     -9   Clonduff
18     9   1     7   19      1   Burren
17     9   0     8   18     -7   Longstone
17     7   4     6   18   -13   Loughinisland
16     8   1     7   17     32   Castlewellan
17     5   2   10   12   -42   Saval
16     4   2   10   10   -42   Liatroim
17     3   1   13     7   -63   An Riocht
17     2   2   13     6   -52   Ballyholland

supersub

rostrevor played quite well tonight burren were poor enough. burren had at least 5 of the startin 15 from the championship on the bench but rostrevor also had 4 r 5 regular starters not in the 15! reds seem to be takin advantage in the league of other teams focusin on the championship!

Colonel Cool

Hurling championships this weekend. Clonduff face Ballela (from Div 1) in the Junior Final on Friday evening. Clonduff are a big strong team but rely too much on Murphy for scores. Ballela have a better balanced team and should have too much for them. I expect Ballela to win by 6-7 pts.

South Down play Ballygalget on Sunday in Kilclief and the odds are heavily stacked against them. The Ballela and Clonduff lads will be celebrating/drowning their sorrows after Friday. Conway and Rosie will be playing for Kilclief in the IFC on Saturday night and Aghaderg have a JFC game on Sunday. To top it all they appoint a Ballygalget ref!!!

I thought this year South Down could give it a real lash after the run in the NHL & Nicky Rachard but clearly the CCC don't want them playing on a level playing field. Galgets to win by 10.

The big game is on Sunday afternoon in Ballygalget (time to be confirmed). A young Cran team meet a very experienced Portaferry with Dule back and on form. If Ballycran are as hungary as they were last year they can win this, the question is are they? Ports form has dipped in recent weeks with some bad results in Antrim. Ballycran are running away with Div 2 but aren't really being tested. Hard to call and i wouldn't rule out a draw.
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

Super Dupe

Quote from: supersub on September 08, 2008, 10:49:25 PM
rostrevor played quite well tonight burren were poor enough. burren had at least 5 of the startin 15 from the championship on the bench but rostrevor also had 4 r 5 regular starters not in the 15! reds seem to be takin advantage in the league of other teams focusin on the championship!

Something to mention from the match last night.  Both teams were there stripped out and on the field, with a big crowd there to see the game.  No referee was in attendance however.  Luckily, Brendan Rice from Warrenpoint was there and he came down to the field.  he phoned the referess's co-ordinator who kindly informed him that the match was supposed to be off. 
Thanks for telling the teams that it was supposed to be off by the way.  Anyway, Brendan Rice said that he would be willing to referee it if both teams agreed.  Both teams said ok, and the game, thankfully, went ahead. 

As for the game, it was similar to the Loughinisland game last week in that Burren did not seem that interested in it.  They did have a weakened team but its still Burren against Rostrevor.  We took advantage and were 0-12 to 0-4 up with about 10 minutes left.  Burren fought back a bit but it still ended ended up  0-14 to 0-8.  It leaves us mathematically clear off any relegation chances and indeed well placed to go at the top 4 if we can get a good run in our last 4 games.  Burren i am sure will play much better this weekend and they are still well in the hunt themselves for the playoffs.

Dulaney

Quote from: Whitehair on September 08, 2008, 03:50:38 PM
QuoteDarragh Cross v Kilclief; Darragh Cross was very impressed with these boys in their 1/4 final victory over a Shamrocks side full of county players , they seem have a few dangerous forwards and have a high work-rate. the introduction of the young lad Mageean back from America will help them if he can stay injury free

Eh Dulaney whats with the smile face in relation to Mageean and being injury free? If its Padraig you are referring to then someone suffering a cruciate injurys far from a laughing matter!
Sorry Whitehair, was more of a private joke, didn't mean to cause any offence, i know Padraig and i know the long list of injuries he's had. it'd be good to see him stay injury free for they've good chance for c/ship

SQUAREBALL

SFC
Saval v Mayobridge; Mayobridge but Saval to give it a really good go!
Loughinisland v Burren; Loughinisland after Burrens performance against rostrevor

IFC
Annaclone v Glasdrumman; Annaclone now that McArdle is back from america
Darragh Cross v Kilclief; Darragh Cross

JFC
Aghaderg v Bright; Aghaderg
St Johns v St Pauls; St Pauls by 5l

DownFanatic

Latest ACFL Division 2 Table

Bryansford  18   34
Annaclone  18   22
Clann na Banna 15  22
Shamrocks  18   20
----------------------------------
Warrenpoint  15   20
Ballymartin  17  19
Darragh Cross  17   17
Attical  18   17
--------------------------------
Downpatrick  16  14
Tullylish   18  10
Kilclief   16   7
Dundrum   18   2

Outstanding Fixtures: Downpatrick v Warrenpoint + Kilcilef v Banbridge + Downpatrick v Banbridge + Kilclief v Warrenpoint + Banbridge v Warrenpoint + Ballymartin v Darragh Cross