FM

Quote from: County Star on August 27, 2023, 08:11:11 PM
Quote from: Nanderson on August 27, 2023, 07:45:29 PM
Quote from: Splash on August 27, 2023, 07:32:15 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on August 27, 2023, 05:44:54 PM
Eventful match between Glenn and Saval

Was some craic.
what happened?

Saval had 4 sent off and Glenn had one black carded.

Hearing Saval are getting back former keeper Fintan Havern ahead of the ballyholland clash, should be a boost for them in a position they've struggled with this season

Truth hurts

Kilcoo were so comfortable yesterday evening.  No one will get near them in Down and it is between them and Glen Maghera for Ulster once more.

terrifictommy

With 6 red cards I doubt a returning goalkeeper will be solving the problems.

Agree on KILCOO for Down at least, they aren't a complacent team either so unless they have an off day I expect another champ win for them.

statto

Quote from: terrifictommy on August 29, 2023, 10:35:28 AM

Agree on KILCOO for Down at least, they aren't a complacent team either so unless they have an off day I expect another champ win for them.

Surely Burren will run them close?

Truth hurts

Quote from: terrifictommy on August 29, 2023, 10:35:28 AM

Saval got 6 reds?

terrifictommy

Was told that last night, 4 during game and 2 after. Don't know if any are double yellows though.

terrifictommy

I'm not so sure on Burren, not sure they have the mettle right now to get over the line. Talent is there and coming.

upandwin

Burren will not be toppled this year. Too fast, too strong and too good. Absolutely cruised against Warrenpoint in 2nd gear and still won by 4pts, and that's with McKernan gifting them a goal. Burren and Kilcoo final if they can stay apart in the draw (which the county board will make sure of) and then next best are Loughinisland. Expect quarter finals to be Island, Burren, Kilcoo, Glenn, Mayobridge, Clonduff and two others that squeeze through. Burren will come good

Truth hurts

Quote from: upandwin on August 29, 2023, 04:18:56 PM
Burren will not be toppled this year. Too fast, too strong and too good. Absolutely cruised against Warrenpoint in 2nd gear and still won by 4pts, and that's with McKernan gifting them a goal. Burren and Kilcoo final if they can stay apart in the draw (which the county board will make sure of) and then next best are Loughinisland. Expect quarter finals to be Island, Burren, Kilcoo, Glenn, Mayobridge, Clonduff and two others that squeeze through. Burren will come good

Kilcoo will beat them pulling up

supersub

Are they bringing Houdini in to do the live draws? Such a comment. Disgusting.

manwithnoplan

So tell us, how do the county board make sure Kilcoo and Burren are kept apart during an open draw? Fascinated to hear what should be an intelligent reasoning for the statement.

Cuan12

Upandwin your on drugs if you think Burren will win championship, they will struggle to beat loughinisland and after Kilcoo easing past Carryduff you may hope Burren don't meet them at any stage because it might turn out to be embarrassing

Splash

Quote from: FM on August 29, 2023, 12:40:04 AM
Quote from: County Star on August 27, 2023, 08:11:11 PM
Quote from: Nanderson on August 27, 2023, 07:45:29 PM
Quote from: Splash on August 27, 2023, 07:32:15 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on August 27, 2023, 05:44:54 PM
Eventful match between Glenn and Saval

Was some craic.
what happened?

Saval had 4 sent off and Glenn had one black carded.

Hearing Saval are getting back former keeper Fintan Havern ahead of the ballyholland clash, should be a boost for them in a position they've struggled with this season

Could be a good boost for them, but Saval's issues may be a lot deeper than a problem in nets. Discipline being the big problem from what I've been told. Assuming they'll be missing key players now for Ballyholand as well.

Still though. All is not lost. Some good footballers and whilst they wont be in the latter stages of the championship this year, with the right work put in by the right people, the club could do well.

Splash

East Belfast nets have already been vandalised after being erected only a couple of weeks ago.

Was inevitable that this would happen, but doesn't make it any less disappointing. No doubt the club will deal with this the same way they have dealt with every other obstacle they've faced and will only grow and develop as a result in spite of such intolerance.

A great club doing great things, with a great future ahead of them, no doubt.

Walter Cronc

Who was the Kilcoo no 10 in thon video?