The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 18, 2018, 06:03:54 PM
QuoteRoma supporter Filippo Lombardi has been found not guilty of causing grievous bodily harm to Liverpool fan Sean Cox during an attack that occurred prior to a Champions League semi-final clash between the clubs in April, but has been sentenced to three years in prison for violent disorder.

Mr Lombardi had pleaded guilty to the lesser charge but denied the accusation that he participated in the assault outside Anfield on 24 April that has left Mr Cox, a 53-year-old father of three from Co Meath in Republic of Ireland, unable to sit up or speak unaided.

A jury of six men and six women took almost nine hours of deliberation at Preston Crown Court to reach a majority not guilty verdict on the charge of GBH, but in sentencing Mr Lombardi the presiding judge said he did not accept the defence's claim that the 21-year-old was not there to cause trouble.

The prosecution claimed that Mr Lombardi and another man, referred to in court as N40, acted together and were jointly responsible for the injuries sustained by Mr Cox, alleging that N40 threw a punch which hit the Liverpool fan and Mr Lombardi swung a belt at him as he fell.

Another life ruined as a result of football violence.  Puts sharply into focus how stupid orchestrated actions such as the welcoming of the Man City bus was. Could easily have led to something similar.

laoislad

Only a bitter idiot would compare the two incidents and try to twist it just so to have a dig at Liverpool over it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Gabriel_Hurl

I'm often reminded of a line that the character Bronn uses in Game of Thrones - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13CSWRyaAgA

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Over the Bar on October 18, 2018, 06:21:27 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 18, 2018, 06:03:54 PM
QuoteRoma supporter Filippo Lombardi has been found not guilty of causing grievous bodily harm to Liverpool fan Sean Cox during an attack that occurred prior to a Champions League semi-final clash between the clubs in April, but has been sentenced to three years in prison for violent disorder.

Mr Lombardi had pleaded guilty to the lesser charge but denied the accusation that he participated in the assault outside Anfield on 24 April that has left Mr Cox, a 53-year-old father of three from Co Meath in Republic of Ireland, unable to sit up or speak unaided.

A jury of six men and six women took almost nine hours of deliberation at Preston Crown Court to reach a majority not guilty verdict on the charge of GBH, but in sentencing Mr Lombardi the presiding judge said he did not accept the defence's claim that the 21-year-old was not there to cause trouble.

The prosecution claimed that Mr Lombardi and another man, referred to in court as N40, acted together and were jointly responsible for the injuries sustained by Mr Cox, alleging that N40 threw a punch which hit the Liverpool fan and Mr Lombardi swung a belt at him as he fell.

Another life ruined as a result of football violence.  Puts sharply into focus how stupid orchestrated actions such as the welcoming of the Man City bus was. Could easily have led to something similar.

Irishman using seriously ill Irishman to score cheap points on tinternet. Take a bow son

brokencrossbar1

What would you expect from a pig but a grunt! 

Whatever about the result in the court case hopefully the Cox family can move on a bit.  I work with a guy from Dunboyne and there was a lot of emotion last weekend after they won the final. 

TabClear

Lucky to be one up at half time. Badly missing Mane and Firmino. Sturridge has been anonymous but has had very little service. Could see Gini and Firmino coming on before too long.

Edit. Winjandum on st half time for Hendo

laoislad

There's a Huddersfield equaliser coming here, you can just see it happening.

laoislad

That was a far more nervy ending than it needed to be. Poor preformance but another 3 points and still unbeaten.

Cunny Funt

Have to perform better,winning ugly has been said a lot about Liverpool this season. 

laoislad

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 20, 2018, 07:29:16 PM
Have to perform better,winning ugly has been said a lot about Liverpool this season.

supersub

Winning is what matters. Performances were raised when needed against the better opposition. Too much talk of Salah, underperforming etc. Let them at it.

gawa316

I read it's the best defensive start in the club's history...not too shabby.

Great to be whinging about stuff when we are joint top isn't it?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gawa316 on October 20, 2018, 11:26:53 PM

I think we're all waiting for the wheels to fall off.

gawa316

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 20, 2018, 11:28:47 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on October 20, 2018, 11:26:53 PM

I think we're all waiting for the wheels to fall off.

Me too...think it's part of my genetics now...but thought I'd try put on a positive spin