Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

BennyCake

Was it this bad under Moyes?

Surely now he has to go.

Gaffer

Quote from: annapr on January 23, 2016, 04:49:38 PM
Free header.. Lol
Imagine there were a few on here who thought United were only a January signing away from winning the league.
#deluded

And did you describe them as 'deluded' at the time????

Or maybe you agreed with them but didn't post so!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

annapr

Quote from: Gaffer on January 23, 2016, 07:26:03 PM
Free header.. Lol
Imagine there were a few on here who thought United were only a January signing away from winning the league.
#deluded

I did and I was called a chimp and a wum for not agreeing with the 'experts' that LVG just needed a little more time and one or two more signings.....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: annapr on January 23, 2016, 07:31:03 PM
Free header.. Lol
#deluded

I did and I was called a chimp and a wum for not agreeing with the 'experts' that LVG just needed a little more time and one or two more signings.....

Do have you got this post??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

annapr

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 23, 2016, 07:32:27 PM
Free header.. Lol
#deluded

What's that in English?

Minder

Someone did say in this thread a few month ago, when United hadn't been conceding, that if they had a 25 goal striker they would be a mile ahead at the top of the table. Or words to that effect
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

Quote from: Minder on January 23, 2016, 07:49:44 PM
Someone did say in this thread a few month ago, when United hadn't been conceding, that if they had a 25 goal striker they would be a mile ahead at the top of the table. Or words to that effect
I also remember someone saying that a few signings in  January would help for the title push...
In other news I see Di Maria put in a 5 star performance for PSG tonight...
Where's StGallsGAA tonight  BTW?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: annapr on January 23, 2016, 07:39:36 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 23, 2016, 07:32:27 PM
Free header.. Lol
#deluded

What's that in English?

I smell bullshit....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

STREET FIGHTER

What was that comment about chimps again?

NAG1

Logic would tell you any team not conceding and with a prolific striker would be at the top of the table.

LVG is a sitting duck at this stage I would imagine he will get to the end of the season if he chooses to stay that long himself. With the Paris meetings with Pep even if he does end up at City shows the intention of the club.

My issue is where is Giggs is this is he window dressing and not having any say or is he choosing to stay quiet to protect his future?

From the Bunker

Quote from: NAG1 on January 23, 2016, 08:42:51 PM

Logic would tell you any team not conceding and with a prolific striker would be at the top of the table.

LVG is a sitting duck at this stage I would imagine he will get to the end of the season if he chooses to stay that long himself. With the Paris meetings with Pep even if he does end up at City shows the intention of the club.

My issue is where is Giggs is this is he window dressing and not having any say or is he choosing to stay quiet to protect his future?

Giggs is like any assistant - A yes man! Under Fergie, do you think he took orders from Archie Knox, Brian Kidd, McClaren, Jimmy Ryan, Carlos Queiroz and Mike Phelan. Giggs is there to help and assist.

NAG1

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 23, 2016, 08:53:15 PM

Giggs is like any assistant - A yes man! Under Fergie, do you think he took orders from Archie Knox, Brian Kidd, McClaren, Jimmy Ryan, Carlos Queiroz and Mike Phelan. Giggs is there to help and assist.

Im not expecting him to be giving orders but everyone of those guys you mentioned guided fergie and shaped the way the team played especially McClaren and Quieroz. Ferguson gave the overall drive but the coaches influenced the team I just dont see what Giggs does other than sit there and give some credibility to LVG with the fans.

Maybe he saw the writing on the wall early doors and has remained behind the scenes because of that.

From the Bunker

Quote from: NAG1 on January 23, 2016, 09:36:03 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 23, 2016, 08:53:15 PM

Im not expecting him to be giving orders but everyone of those guys you mentioned guided fergie and shaped the way the team played especially McClaren and Quieroz. Ferguson gave the overall drive but the coaches influenced the team I just dont see what Giggs does other than sit there and give some credibility to LVG with the fans.

Maybe he saw the writing on the wall early doors and has remained behind the scenes because of that.

Giggs was a great footballer who played for a long time for Man U. This (Might and) might not  mean he is an inspirational character in the dressing room or out on the field coaching. And in fairness we don't know. But (as with any fan) because he has been there for years and he was a Legend at the club as a player, most fans (will) want to believe that he is some future savour. He might be, but we have no evidence so far. But don't expect him to be a special character as an assistant manager.