7 (15.6%)
Tyrone
6 (13.3%)
Cork
3 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Voting closed: August 30, 2019, 08:02:14 PM

Blowitupref

Kerry have found their scoring boots, 4 points from four shots at the start of this 2nd half.  Kerry 0-9 Galway 0-8 35 minutes
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Schkite

Absolutely brutal by the Galway no. 8 there, a better option either side of him. If they don't win he'll be kicking himself.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Schkite on August 11, 2019, 02:39:12 PM
Absolutely brutal by the Galway no. 8 there, a better option either side of him. If they don't win he'll be kicking himself.

Had the game in his hands there. To not even get a point from it was criminal. He's had a great game too.

Blowitupref

FT Galway 0-14 Kerry 0-13.  Congrats to Galway on a hard earned win. When did the two beaten provincial runners up last reach the All Ireland final at this grade i wonder?

Schkite

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 11, 2019, 02:41:03 PM
Quote from: Schkite on August 11, 2019, 02:39:12 PM

Had the game in his hands there. To not even get a point from it was criminal. He's had a great game too.

To be fair to him he's just won that crucial throw up in front of the Galway goal to prevent an equalising point.

Job done for Galway anyway, Kerry's minor reign of terror is over.

Mayo Border

GaillimhIarthair

Nice win that.  Both sides guilty of some poor play late on.  Both goalkeepers made some great saves!
Some very nice footballers in that Galway team.  Fair play to Ducky and the backroom team, doing some great work with recent minor teams.

Cunny Funt

Not the highest of quality games but a decent competitive game. Well done to Galway the two teams that stood out the most the quarter finals have reached the AI final.

GalwayBayBoy

Minors in both football and hurling in the AI final for the second year in a row.

Captain Obvious

Well done to Cork and Galway it should be a good All Ireland final.

Kerry's first defeat in this championship and they are out while the two finalists have lost twice. Not the best of formats but I doubt Cork and Galway care.

magpie seanie

Well done to Cork and Galway. Mayo have lost 3 championship games in senior and minor without making wither final.....surely a record.

Rossfan

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 11, 2019, 03:43:13 PM

Kerry's first defeat in this championship and they are out while the two finalists have lost twice. Not the best of formats but I doubt Cork and Galway care.
The All Ireland Minor Championship is a knock out competition between the 8 Provincial Finalists.
The 4 Provincial Championships are separate competitions each with their own format.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Rossfan on August 11, 2019, 09:34:25 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 11, 2019, 03:43:13 PM

The All Ireland Minor Championship is a knock out competition between the 8 Provincial Finalists.
The 4 Provincial Championships are separate competitions each with their own format.

Thanks for telling me something I already know.  At least the last eight of this championship isn't unnecessary dragged out.

seafoid

The Dubs haven't won a minor final for a good while.
Their system doesn't kick in until later
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU