Croke Park to be upgraded

Started by Eamonnca1, January 20, 2021, 07:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

Quote from: marty34 on January 22, 2021, 02:51:53 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 22, 2021, 12:36:43 PM
No.
Meanwhile Louth plan moving from the Green grassy slopes

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2021/0122/1191396-louth-step-up-drive-to-build-new-12m-stadium/

That looks impressive.

Green field site on a good network road with access to motorway.  Well done Louth gaels.

As an side, re: the location.  Was there much hassle in moving the location from Drogheda to Dundalk?  Like can the Louth Board now sell the Drogheda pitch for housing as it's on the edge of the town?

New stadium could be built by the time we get back to playing.

iresume where it says 14,000-seat stadium it means capacity? with most standing.
something like that would be ideal as a stadium for the LGFA few more seats maybe in Athone? save them begging for grounds all the time and Surely the Governmant would have to fund it to equall things up a bit
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Rossfan

Rosnarun it's 4k seats and 9k or so standing plus 750 behind each goal I think .
Lazy media seem unable to type "capacity" so everything is "seater".
Marty I think the Drogheda grounds belong to the local club (Boyle O'Reillys?)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

marty34

Quote from: Rossfan on January 22, 2021, 03:08:30 PM
Rosnarun it's 4k seats and 9k or so standing plus 750 behind each goal I think .

Could county board not build them a new pitch/grounds with money made from selling it?

Or would they not be allowed to sell it?  Maybe nowhere else close by, or it'd just be as costly and out of the local club's catchment area. 

I suppose that's an issue with dual county/club grounds when the county want a new build.

Just thinking it'd be a serious help with the costs of the new ground if they could off-set it with this money.

From the Bunker

All of these Stadiums, all costing a lot of money to build and run. And rarely used to their potential - even in non-covid times. Croke Park is beginning to struggle to get anyway near capacity anymore.

Itchy

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 22, 2021, 03:29:15 PM
All of these Stadiums, all costing a lot of money to build and run. And rarely used to their potential - even in non-covid times. Croke Park is beginning to struggle to get anyway near capacity anymore.

True but i think in the case of Louth thats a good fit for them and they badly needed a proper modern ground. The county has great potential if they could get their act together. You never know the dubs might even come up and play them there one day.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Rossfan on January 22, 2021, 03:08:30 PM
I think the club is the O'Raghallaighs.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi