Páirc Tailteann

16 March, Saturday, 14:00
Laois v. Kerry
O'Moore Park

30/31 March
Laois v. Semi-Final Winner
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

burdizzo

Like your optimistic flourish at the end!

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: burdizzo on January 27, 2024, 11:35:10 PMLike your optimistic flourish at the end!

It has worked in the past!  ;D
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Mossy Bruce

As far as following Sunday's match against Down, it looks like GAAGO will not be streaming it (no surprise, but they *will* be streaming the Down v. Kerry match on Feb. 10 -- what the hell!). I am hoping Midlands Radio will be covering the match. Westmeath is playing the day before, so no competition for air time, there. I can't remember. Does Midlands Radio cover Biffo matches?
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

burdizzo

Quote from: Mossy Bruce on January 28, 2024, 05:58:58 PMAs far as following Sunday's match against Down, it looks like GAAGO will not be streaming it (no surprise, but they *will* be streaming the Down v. Kerry match on Feb. 10 -- what the hell!). I am hoping Midlands Radio will be covering the match. Westmeath is playing the day before, so no competition for air time, there. I can't remember. Does Midlands Radio cover Biffo matches?

Yes, and since they're in Division 1, might be more of a priority! Down should be a cakewalk for Laois.

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: burdizzo on January 28, 2024, 06:04:20 PMDown should be a cakewalk for Laois.

Yeah, I hope so. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to start looking at upcoming fixtures and saw Laois was paired up against Down. That's when I realized that things have really changed since I last followed Laois hurling back in 2019.

Do you have any ideas on following this match against Down? I used to follow matches on Twitter (without an account) but now Twitter/X requires an account to see any postings.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

burdizzo

Well, I set up an account - for this very reason - and it didn't cost me anything...?

ottoman

Quote from: Mossy Bruce on January 28, 2024, 06:09:47 PM
Quote from: burdizzo on January 28, 2024, 06:04:20 PMDown should be a cakewalk for Laois.

Yeah, I hope so. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to start looking at upcoming fixtures and saw Laois was paired up against Down. That's when I realized that things have really changed since I last followed Laois hurling back in 2019.

Do you have any ideas on following this match against Down? I used to follow matches on Twitter (without an account) but now Twitter/X requires an account to see any postings.

I use the Score Beo app for all GAA score updates. Its good as it gives you the line ups, who scored etc. Id try download that.

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: ottoman on January 29, 2024, 08:11:27 PMI use the Score Beo app for all GAA score updates. Its good as it gives you the line ups, who scored etc. Id try download that.
I will check that out. Thanks, Ottoman!
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Mossy Bruce

Have the starting 15 been announced for Sunday?
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

burdizzo

Yeah, it's on the CLG Laois FB page. Mixing youth and experience, as they say! Mossy Keyes still way down the subs list.

Mossy Bruce

Looks like I might have to give in and get a subscription to Laois Today. I could see in the visible three lines of an article on the match that Jer Quinlan got 1-3 from play. Nice!
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

G@@

Laois 2-18 V 0-17 Down.
Thought alot of Laois' play was lethargic and only when Down drew level with around 12 minutes left did we step up a gear and push on. Ryan Mullaney and Martin Phelan both especially off the boil today. Cody Comerford was quite lively when he came on. The wind was a big factor today and thankfully it drifted a fair few of Down's efforts wide. Wouldn't be overly enthused with what I saw in OMP today. Referee was handing out reds far too easily as there wasn't much niggling in the game really. Kildare away won't be a cakewalk looking back on today's performance.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Mossy Bruce

"New Allianz Hurling League structure for 2025 explained"

https://www.gaa.ie/hurling/news/new-allianz-hurling-league-structure-for-2025-explained

I'm posting this for future reference so I can figure out what the hell everything means toward the end of this year's league. ???
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

georgedoylesrightleg

2 sendin offs dissapointinmg to see