Arlene's bigotry shines through

Started by StGallsGAA, February 14, 2018, 01:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 15, 2018, 09:53:25 AM
to be honest I'm caring less and less about the north

its funny a load of people getting worked up about a dying language that most people cannot speak or understand

I agree about the language but it has now developed from that because the DUP and UUP have fallen into the usual trap where they cannot hold themselves back in denying that over 40% of the population claim to subscribe to a non-British culture that they share with the majority of people living on the island. 

So deep have unionist politicians become ensnared in this trap that they cannot see how 'unBritish' they are behaving in denying to the people of their own region of the UK the same rights as those given to the people of Wales and Scotland in terms of indigenous language and to all people in the UK in terms of same sex marriage. Yet SF have failed to bring this hypocrisy to the UK public and politicians because it suits them to be the party of protest and they need a focus.

north_antrim_hound

its funny a load of people getting worked up about a dying language that most people cannot speak or understand

So the unionists have wore you down and the white flag is up. My kids speak better Irish then me so I don't think it's dying. My kids are more politically informed than me at their age. They are the age were they could see a UI. Hang in there buddy the future is bright.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Taylor

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 15, 2018, 10:06:07 AM

So the unionists have wore you down and the white flag is up. My kids speak better Irish then me so I don't think it's dying. My kids are more politically informed than me at their age. They are the age were they could see a UI. Hang in there buddy the future is bright.

I still cannot see how any of this is going to help a UI?

WT4E

Did anyone see Nolan last night. Did we Jamie hint that Arlene was about to do a deal and was told by gwass whoots unionists that she wouldn't be?

I almost got the feeling that it might have been loyalists telling her!

yellowcard

Quote from: Minder on February 15, 2018, 09:40:35 AM
Maybe I am wrong but I thought I read somewhere yesterday that Michelle O'Neill said there was a deal reached, which I would assume included some sort of ILA acceptable to SF, but the DUP couldn't sell it to their wider party and base.

Simon Coveney said as much this morning on RTE. It's clear that Foster went back to her party and was told in no uncertain terms not to accept.

lurganblue

Quote from: yellowcard on February 15, 2018, 10:18:09 AM
Maybe I am wrong but I thought I read somewhere yesterday that Michelle O'Neill said there was a deal reached, which I would assume included some sort of ILA acceptable to SF, but the DUP couldn't sell it to their wider party and base.

Simon Coveney said as much this morning on RTE. It's clear that Foster went back to her party and was told in no uncertain terms not to accept.

Doesnt sound like very strong leadership

johnneycool

Quote from: lurganblue on February 15, 2018, 10:27:05 AM

Doesnt sound like very strong leadership

Doesn't sound like leadership at all.

Arlene will be gone shortly for a died in the wool East Coast Unionist. She's giving it a good shot, but they just don't trust her.

seafoid

second time in 3 months this has happened to Foster. Not leadership material. Maybe Fermanagh farming chair or something
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Orchard park

the MPs calling the shots now,  Arlene ultimate puppet leader.

they dont seem to realise that their little bit of power in westminster will be so short lived

Snapchap

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on February 15, 2018, 10:05:22 AM

You're everything that I find embarrassing and shameful about many in the south: an attitude of apathy for a big chunk of their own country and an attitude of open contempt for any suggestion that our native language (arguably the most intrinsic part of our cultural heritage) is worthy of protection and even an attitude that suggests a desire for the language to just die. I honestly just cannot comprehend the mentality.

Avondhu star

Who are these "most people"?
Certainly in the South where people have learned Irish for 14 years it wouldn't be a big step to massively increase the number of speakers with the right approach and encouragement. People have a lot more Irish ability than they think
All they need is confidence and encouragement
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

WT4E

Maybe we should use the British tactic on this one.

Instead of asking for an Irish Language act just starve everyone who speaks English until they agree to speak Irish. Would that still work?

johnneycool

Quote from: seafoid on February 15, 2018, 10:41:24 AM

second time in 3 months this has happened to Foster. Not leadership material. Maybe Fermanagh farming chair or something

Plus dragging poor Theresa over on Monday set an expectation that Arlene couldn't deliver.

Shitting on Theresa from a great height twice in a few months can't be good for relationships.

north_antrim_hound

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Avondhu star

Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you