Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: JohnDenver on August 22, 2017, 10:55:40 AM
Quote from: The Gs Man on August 22, 2017, 09:56:06 AM
I'm in the north and on BT too.  Everything had been perfect for me up until the weekend.

I downloaded IPVanish.  It's on the app store on the firestick so it's easily found.

You do need to sign up for an account first using your phone/laptop or whatever.  It was something like $8 or $10 for a month, but I'm hoping Sportsmania will sort their issues out and I can cancel it in a couple of weeks time.

Watched the game last night on a Bein Sports channel.  Some of the others buffered a bit.

I saw on another site for anybody wishing to sign up to IPVanish, there is a code to get 50% off the full year package. Think it works on 5 devices.  The code is "PRIVACYFIRST" and expires midnight on 23AUG. Should bring it down to 30 something dollars for the year.

I haven't any VPN myself, but might look about getting this one to see how it goes.

privateinternetaccess.com is $39.95 per year. there were good instructions on the web for installing it on my enigma 2 box.
currently trying out a few IPTV trials as my previous supplier did a runner when the sh*t hit the fan on the first EPL weekend of the season. thankfully I was only paying monthly.

gallsman

Quote from: Boycey on August 25, 2017, 09:52:29 PM
I've been trying this week to get my head around how when the block is on a server like Sportsmania they manage to differentiate between UK and non U.K. traffic??

It's the UK ISPs blocking access to the servers - that's what the court orders.

gallsman

Tested out in Belfast today with the DNS service I use in Spain to access iPlayer/Netflix etc. No good. Works on my phone though, so will hotspot it to my Fire TV for the fight tonight.

snoopdog

Quote from: snoopdog on August 18, 2017, 09:34:10 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 18, 2017, 09:27:36 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on August 18, 2017, 09:14:57 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on August 18, 2017, 08:45:26 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 18, 2017, 08:26:40 PM
Is your subscription up?
Ah maybe. I will check
Yep it's my subscription.  But when I go to renew I don't see the news pack offer I usually get. Only a subscription for 10 euro for 14 days. ? Anyone subscribed lately?
Type the words 'Imwaiting' in the voucher code box.There is a problem with renewing subs at the moment. That code will get you two free weeks.
Cheers Laoislad your a legend. That worked. Thanks.
Anyone know if this has changed. A mate is looking it for the Utd game. Imwaiting isn't working now

clarshack

interestingly i hooked up my openbox again today for the first time in several months and you can still get all the BT channels plus Eir Sport. just watched the Utd game with no block whatsoever.

laoislad

Quote from: snoopdog on August 26, 2017, 05:27:57 PM
Is your subscription up?
Ah maybe. I will check
Yep it's my subscription.  But when I go to renew I don't see the news pack offer I usually get. Only a subscription for 10 euro for 14 days. ? Anyone subscribed lately?
Type the words 'Imwaiting' in the voucher code box.There is a problem with renewing subs at the moment. That code will get you two free weeks.
Anyone know if this has changed. A mate is looking it for the Utd game. Imwaiting isn't working now
New code is imwithmania
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

snoopdog

Quote from: laoislad on August 26, 2017, 07:54:34 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on August 26, 2017, 05:27:57 PM
Is your subscription up?
Ah maybe. I will check
New code is imwithmania
Thanks laoislad

FermGael

Worked perfect for the McGregor fight
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Up The Middle

Is anyone else having issues with kodi. I can't access tv shows or movies on covenant. It lets me into the menu but won't bring up anything after that. It's the same on bennu.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Up The Middle

Think my router was blocking it. Changed settings and its working now through the search menu but won't give me any options when I go into the people watching section.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

gallsman

I see the latest code from Sportsmania is "Standbymania". Wonder does that mean they still hope to get back up and running?

Anyone here able (and willing) to recommend an IPTV provider?

snoopdog

Quote from: gallsman on September 04, 2017, 07:43:04 PM
I see the latest code from Sportsmania is "Standbymania". Wonder does that mean they still hope to get back up and running?

Anyone here able (and willing) to recommend an IPTV provider?
It's hard to know alright. That latest code hasn't worked for me. I'm not on Twitter or Facebook so if anyone gets another  can you post it here. Cheers.

lurganblue

Ive been asked by a friend to update his firestick kodi for him.  He wants a build put on it.  Any recommendations? i havent used a build since i put sports mania on mine so i'm well out of the loop as to which ones are good.

The Gs Man

I had the Beast Build on my firestick, but it took up so much space and crashed quite a bit.

Basically I just stripped everything off it except the add-ons that I use.  Works great that way.

So, I'd recommend no build....
Keep 'er lit