Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenDover

What's the best repo to put onto a firestick?

gallsman

Quote from: BenDover on November 23, 2016, 09:56:32 PM

Do you mean on Kodi?

It's entirely dependent on what you want to watch.

johnneycool

Quote from: gallsman on November 23, 2016, 11:37:42 PM

Do you mean on Kodi?

I've been using Exodus for the TV shows and movies and Sports devil for the live sports streaming and both still going strong after quite a while..

gallsman

Laoislad, is it the MXIII you have? A mate of looking at it and asked me to help set it up for him but it ships with Android 4.4. Are there OTA updates?

laoislad

Quote from: gallsman on November 24, 2016, 09:27:40 AM
Laoislad, is it the MXIII you have? A mate of looking at it and asked me to help set it up for him but it ships with Android 4.4. Are there OTA updates?
It is yeah. Don't think there are software updates. I've never looked into it but also I've never been prompted to download one by the box.
I've just bought an MXIV to use on another TV. Gets good reviews also. Was $29 on ali express.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gallsman

Quote from: laoislad on November 24, 2016, 09:45:23 AM
Quote from: gallsman on November 24, 2016, 09:27:40 AM
It is yeah. Don't think there are software updates. I've never looked into it but also I've never been prompted to download one by the box.
I've just bought an MXIV to use on another TV. Gets good reviews also. Was $29 on ali express.

Cheers. I read a report that next Kodi release won't work with 4.4. If needs be I can flash a newer version of android on it for him but he's absolutely hopeless at anything like that himself so was wondering about maintenance.

BenDover

Quote from: johnneycool on November 24, 2016, 09:21:43 AM
Quote from: gallsman on November 23, 2016, 11:37:42 PM

Do you mean on Kodi?

I've been using Exodus for the TV shows and movies and Sports devil for the live sports streaming and both still going strong after quite a while..

Yes sorry I'm going to load Kodi onto a FireStick for the younger bro, I'll start with Exodus/SportDevil then see how that treats him. Is SEOMichael still the bes tplace to get instructions for loading Kodi to a FireStick?

Harold Disgracey

YouTube is also handy.

I installed one of the Pulse builds via Ares Wizard and it does the job for me.

redzone

Fellow on facebook selling Kodi stick with all sports channels, movies etc for 50. Seems good value. Would this use much data as I don't have unlimited usage

Boycey

Quote from: redzone on December 05, 2016, 07:53:07 PM
Fellow on facebook selling Kodi stick with all sports channels, movies etc for 50. Seems good value. Would this use much data as I don't have unlimited usage

Any kind of streaming device isn't right for you if you don't have unlimited usage. A 2hr hd film could be several Gb on its own. Also for that kind of money you will get a box rather than a stick, it's much better..

nrico2006

Quote from: Boycey on December 05, 2016, 07:59:39 PM

Any kind of streaming device isn't right for you if you don't have unlimited usage. A 2hr hd film could be several Gb on its own. Also for that kind of money you will get a box rather than a stick, it's much better..

Boycey is right.  I got a zgemma box last month and I now have all channels and there is the IPTV service which is for streaming all the shows and films I want too.  Again though, need unlimited internet but for an extra few pound its worth it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Boycey

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 05, 2016, 09:10:14 PM

Boycey is right.  I got a zgemma box last month and I now have all channels and there is the IPTV service which is for streaming all the shows and films I want too.  Again though, need unlimited internet but for an extra few pound its worth it.

my zGemma streams box sets/ tv series at much lower quality than the android box I have but movies are full hd quality, have you noticed this?

redzone

Quote from: Boycey on December 05, 2016, 09:20:32 PM

my zGemma streams box sets/ tv series at much lower quality than the android box I have but movies are full hd quality, have you noticed this?
Ordered  zgemma of sky thread there, hopefully have it going by weekend.  Cheers

nrico2006

Quote from: Boycey on December 05, 2016, 09:20:32 PM

I have found the tv shows to be generally not as good a quality, but the movies have been great.  As for buffering etc or bad kinks, I find it pretty good as I get no buffering or bad links.  I was always using KODI and Movie HD before via chromecast and the amount of links prohibited by googles software made it a nightmare, it was pure trial and error to get a good link up and running,
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Boycey

Yeah they are still perfectly watchable, they would be standard definition quality I guess but I find it strange that the movies are full HD quality and they're not. There is probably a tweak somewhere for it.