Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullhard

Have the s5 with showbox on and am allcasting direct to the telly, its mint!
Tried watching, the reverent, however there are no subtitles during the French speaking bit. Tired using open subtitles. No luck any ideas for this and other shows?

JoG2

Quote from: pullhard on March 24, 2016, 11:23:10 AM
Have the s5 with showbox on and am allcasting direct to the telly, its mint!
Tried watching, the reverent, however there are no subtitles during the French speaking bit. Tired using open subtitles. No luck any ideas for this and other shows?

I find the open subtitles is a bit of hard work at times.  For subtitles,  use local cast to cast and select the subtitles bit.  I've done it in the past without any bother,  I'm not in a position to test now and post better instructions.  Give it a rattle

pullhard

Cheers Jog, I'll give it a blast. I don't want subs for the whole movie just the none english bits

gallsman

It's dependent on the file. A lot of torrented files don't have the hard-coded subs for non English speaking parts that you'd see in the cinema. If the file's like that, a 3rd party sub provider is the only option.

lurganblue

Anyone ever sign up to any of the paid TV subs? eg IPTV stalker, Dexter TV or channelUp? worth it or not?

lurganblue

A few months ago i was running The Beast build 1.4 on my firestick.  I have long since updated this and i dont believe that particular version of the build is still available.  Anyway, there was a section on it titled UFC and it basically had streams listed for more or less all of the past UFC events over the last number of years.  It's not on any of the new builds i have used.  Has anyone any idea what addon that would have been?

Nigel White

I've had about enough of Sky after hearing  today of another £5 a month or thereabouts increase. Does anyone know if I can transfer recordings on a Sky box to some other medium. I think one of my Panasonic TVs might have a built in hard drive but the other doesn't. Also does anyone know anything about those Obersticks?

Up The Middle

Is anyone else having problems with Operation Robocop. Have they closed it down completely?
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

take_yer_points

Quote from: Up The Middle on April 04, 2016, 11:12:03 AM
Is anyone else having problems with Operation Robocop. Have they closed it down completely?

Was getting errors at the weekend as well. Looks like there's a replacement but I'm not at home so haven't tried it yet...

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-operation-robocop-video-add-on-kodi/

StGallsGAA

First of all, despite various builds looking nice, don't install them  unless you are happy to start from scratch every time it develops problems.

Secondly there are tons of new repositories all the time - you just need the right to find them.  To that end the 5 will get you everything that's popular or mainstream.  Phoenix. SALTS, Navi-x, Vdubt, Exodus (Genesis is no more btw) should give you as much as you need.  Navi -X I find particularly good as it shows you what's the most popular over the past 24 hrs / week, which by large  means the links are the best and most stable and you can find working links to the newest releases quickly. 

For tutorials I follow a guy called Raybans and Fedora on YouTube who is easy to understand and directs you to most up to date stuff.  I find u can't go wrong with him and he shows you how to filter out stuff that's no suitable for kids.

WT4E

I have the amazon fire stick with Kodi on it.

Worked fine for a while bu now it crashes as soon as I put it on. Is there anywhere I can learn how to fix thisor can anyone point to someone who can fix it in Dublin area?

Up The Middle

Quote from: WT4E on April 12, 2016, 10:50:13 AM
I have the amazon fire stick with Kodi on it.

Worked fine for a while bu now it crashes as soon as I put it on. Is there anywhere I can learn how to fix thisor can anyone point to someone who can fix it in Dublin area?

What build do you have on it? I found mine kept crashing with The Beast, but as soon as I put separate apps on it like Exodus, Castaway, Phoenix, Bulldog it has worked brilliantly. Theres a few links for it on the previous page and is very easy to follow. You can do it yourself rather than pay someone to do it.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

lurganblue

youtube has a wealth of video's on how to do it.  I usually clear data and stick a new build on once a lot of the addons have dropped off.  I probably should just put the addons on that i use most but i'm a sucker for a build with all the work done for me.

WT4E

Thanks for the info.

I remember you tubing it a while ago and thinking this is a bit too complicated for me but I'll try it again tonight and see how i get on.

gallsman

Quote from: WT4E on April 12, 2016, 02:50:37 PM
Thanks for the info.

I remember you tubing it a while ago and thinking this is a bit too complicated for me but I'll try it again tonight and see how i get on.

Look up SEO Michael. If you know how to read and use a remote control, you can do it. It's not difficult.