Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abble

Quote from: Smokin Joe on December 23, 2015, 11:29:21 AM
Cheers all.

I removed The Beast this morning and installed BlackBox and I have to say that I'm hugely impressed.  I find that there are more working links to movies and the sports channels than there were with The Beast on my Firestick.

As The Beast had already installed Ares Wizard it meant that it was really easy to remove The Beast and install BlackBox from within Ares.

I did something very similar to yourself and must say that is a great call by the Gs man with regard to the black box setup, very hard to find fault

laoislad

I put that black box build on the firestick last night just to try it out.
I played an episode of the big bang theory and it must have taken 5 minutes to find a source for me to play,on the beast build it was almost instant.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Abble

Quote from: laoislad on December 23, 2015, 11:59:20 AM
I put that black box build on the firestick last night just to try it out.
I played an episode of the big bang theory and it must have taken 5 minutes to find a source for me to play,on the beast build it was almost instant.

was it amazon firestick build that you used LL ?

laoislad

No just the normal build.

Abble

I asked because i noticed on the install wizard for blackbox that i used, it had maybe about 7 different builds that i could choose between. mine was windows build but i did notice a build specific for amazon firetv

Norf Tyrone

Completely useless at this stuff but installed kodi 15.2 alright.

How to install the beast now? Is there a fools guide?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

shezam

Anyone have the source they used for blackbox?

Boycey

Quote from: JohnDenver on December 18, 2015, 09:31:23 AM
Came across something called "Ares Wizard" - give it a search to see some videos or reviews. 

Have tested it out and seems like a good idea - Basically you install it like you would the Beast or any other build - but it isn't an actual build itself.  Once installed, it gives you the options to install various different builds with the click of a button (no entering addressed) which it has rated by downloads etc.

It also has a built in maintenance option, which runs automatically when you open Kodi each time and gives you a prompt whether you need to clear cache or purge packages.

I am trying out the "SpinzTv premium lite" build at the moment I think it's called and it looks a decent alternative to the beast.

You can also choose to add individual addons instead of a build as such, if you want to keep the memory down.

The good thing is, that within the maintenance option, you can then force a "fresh start" which wipes Kodi of everything except the "Ares Wizard" itself - which allows you to try out a different build without having to manually enter new repos or addresses.

Best bit of advice I've seen in this thread, try it Norf Tyrone.

http://youtu.be/1XohB3XoZww

Just a note, a few people have been having issues with The Beast and BlackBox has been put up as a viable alternative

Norf Tyrone

Thanks Boycey and John Denver. Ill give that a craic tomorrow.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Smokin Joe

The video in this link may be helpful. 
http://www.dimitrology.com/2015/12/13/how-to-install-blackbox-build-on-kodi-working-iptv-stalker-and-full-review/

The last couple of minutes of the video explain how to install Ares Wizard and then BlackBox from there.

pullhard

Smokin Joe

Quote from: pullhard on December 29, 2015, 06:51:10 PM
What the thoughts on one of these yokes https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-tv-dvd-cameras/amazon-firestick-kodi-fire-stick-kodi-/1147192690 ?

Do can you watch the tv series on them?

Well a Firestick costs £35, so you are paying the other £20 for somebody to do something that you could do yourself in around about an hour.  So i guess it depends on how you value your time or whether you like learning stuff like that yourself.

pullhard

time is highly valued. would it work with that Netflix? or game of thrones channel?

laoislad

Having both a firestick and an Android box I don't see any real reason to get a firestick over the android box.
It's easier load apps and install stuff like kodi on the Android box.
I got the firestick because it was cheap on black Friday and don't get me wrong it works well  but the android box I have works just as well but is far more user friendly imo.

pullhard

Have you a link for an android box?

Can you get the tv series on them?