NHL 2013

Started by Milltown Row2, February 23, 2013, 07:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

A lot of good games tonight and tomorrow. The big game is in Galway when they take on the Cats, Galway may win this game as they would have too many lads that they will miss on the St Thomas's team to make a big difference. Kilkenny not normally as strong this part of the year but will be competitive.

Dubs are big favourites against Offaly tomorrow for some reason, Keaney back for the Dubs I see hopefully he has lost nothing skill/fitness wise from the injury.

Tipp favourites in Cork tonight hard to call, Cork to turn them over, Tipp beat them later in the year

Clare Waterford game will be close also, nowt much between them
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CorkMan

Cork 0-26 Tipp 1-11... Haven't seen a Tipp team play as bad as they did tonight ever.

Apparently they haven't done much hurling yet this year, it's been all strength and fitness but I still would have expected better.

Cork looked impressive, but it would have been hard not to look impressive against how Tipp played. I thought Chris Joyce was outsanding at 6. He got 0-02 from play as well. Stephen Moylan looked like Cork's most dangerous attacker for the first 25 mins but did very little for the rest of the game. Daniel Kearney was solid in midfield. I don't think Cork will have got much out of tonight, though, it was far too easy for them and I think the real talking point was not how good Cork were, but how poor Tipp were.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 23, 2013, 07:05:42 PM
A lot of good games tonight and tomorrow. The big game is in Galway when they take on the Cats, Galway may win this game as they would have too many lads that they will miss on the St Thomas's team to make a big difference. Kilkenny not normally as strong this part of the year but will be competitive.

Dubs are big favourites against Offaly tomorrow for some reason, Keaney back for the Dubs I see hopefully he has lost nothing skill/fitness wise from the injury.

Tipp favourites in Cork tonight hard to call, Cork to turn them over, Tipp beat them later in the year

Safe to say the handicap is in double figures?

Milltown Row2

14 points Tony :-[

I think it will be too much for Antrim tomorrow, first game away from home against a decent team, who'll be a force in Munster this year. I would just want a honest 70 minutes from all the players, simple.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Apparently so

Antrim will get mauled tomorrow unfortunately

Asal Mor

Waterford are great value today at 11/4 against Clare. Mullane is gone, but they still have Walsh, Moran, Parendergast, Connors and plenty more experienced warriors selected against a talented but unproven Clare team. There should be a nice bit of bite in this one too. Might be the best of the weekend's games. I'd fancy Galway to win today. I think this will be our year actually.

theticklemister

A few strange latest scores, carlow dping well, the cats cpnceding three goals, antrim up by 6!! Go on the saffrons!!!!!!!

What was the price on antrim today does anyone know??

CitySlicker11

Great result for Cork last night, even if Tipp weren't at it, with all the retirements (some forced) Cork needed a good start and they got that.

Galway doing well against Kilkenny, if they remain consistent I fancy them in September.

theticklemister

Quote from: theticklemister on February 24, 2013, 02:47:50 PM
A few strange latest scores, carlow dping well, the cats cpnceding three goals, antrim up by 6!! Go on the saffrons!!!!!!!

What was the price on antrim today does anyone know??

I think the word yer looking for hardstation agus drici is................ JINX

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 23, 2013, 07:05:42 PM

Was very accurate in this post ;). Glad Antrim beat the handicap and put in an honest display, the best effort we've put in against Limerick in years. Fair play lads, 19 points is a fair haul.

Cyril Farrell fan

I'm delighted we beat the Cats. Galway had a little bit of a point to prove yesterday.
My one worry is that we always need a few goals to get the better of Kilkenny. They score points easier.

Canalman

Saw the first half of Cork v Tipperary on Setanta . Fair to say that there mostly  wasn't a Tipperary player within 5 yards of the Cork players while scoring. Some long distance points scored and there was barely a Tipp player in the camera shot.

Very odd game.

Might be a glimmer of the Cork resurgence.

Pitch looked in great nick.

deiseach

Lot of happy campers here today! Great win for Waterford yesterday. I had very low expectations what with a few retirements (you may have heard about one of them) and thought Clare would fly out the gate. I didn't see the game but the word on the street is that Jake Dillon and Brian O'Halloran looked the part. Still need another win at least to avoid the playoff but we have three out of our four games at home.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Cyril Farrell fan on February 25, 2013, 11:52:14 AM
I'm delighted we beat the Cats. Galway had a little bit of a point to prove yesterday.
My one worry is that we always need a few goals to get the better of Kilkenny. They score points easier.

They have a serious knack of tacking on points from distance, close in or out on the wings!!. You could go to the toilet and in that space of time they could knock over 4/5 points. All their players are very accurate form play.

Galway need to be beating Kilkenny when it matters. Kilkenny have timed things right for the latter part of 10 or more years so losing here won't derail them. In the last four meetings Kilkenny have only beaten Galway once!!

johnneycool

Div1B could be pretty competitive if Antrim and Carlow keep putting it up to the favourites.

Allegedly Carlow were toe to toe in more ways than one with Wexford before losing their fullback to two yellows and Wexford got themselves a goal for breathing space. Both teams had lost a man each prior to this.

There may be less league games in the current format, but they look to be more competitive as there may only be a few points between promotion or relegation.