Football All Stars 2019

Started by Estimator, August 05, 2019, 11:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Cluxton seems like he is considering retiring.

From the Bunker

Quote from: tonto1888 on November 01, 2019, 08:26:32 PM

No, he just has the manners not to show that his place is guaranteed (although he knows it is).

yellowcard

Quote from: tonto1888 on November 01, 2019, 08:26:32 PM

It felt a bit like that alright and who could blame him if he bowed out right at the top. I don't even think he'll bother announcing it when he does probably just won't return.

dublin7

Quote from: BennyCake on November 01, 2019, 08:05:33 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on November 01, 2019, 07:56:01 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on November 01, 2019, 07:03:42 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on November 01, 2019, 05:33:03 PM
Bennycake couldnt admit a dub should win FOTY so went for his own selections

You asked me who I would give POTY to. I answered you.

That you did based on your anyone but dublin criteria. That's all I pointed out

They were based on who consistently performed to a high standard throughout the year.

Ah Benny, give it up. You're just embarrasing yourself. Better off saying nothing at this stage.

dublin7

Can anyone who seen Cluxton win POTY  say a prayer for bennycake. As far as he is concerned this is a GAA travesty.  The poor guy doesnt know any better. What he doesn't understand he can't be ridiculed for

J70

Congratulations to Michael Murphy on a thoroughly deserved All Star. Monster season for him. Arguably his finest (personally) in the country jersey. Rarely do you see a player single-handedly dominate games at senior intercounty level like he did this summer.

BennyCake

Quote from: dublin7 on November 01, 2019, 09:29:35 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on November 01, 2019, 08:05:33 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on November 01, 2019, 07:56:01 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on November 01, 2019, 07:03:42 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on November 01, 2019, 05:33:03 PM
Bennycake couldnt admit a dub should win FOTY so went for his own selections

You asked me who I would give POTY to. I answered you.

That you did based on your anyone but dublin criteria. That's all I pointed out

They were based on who consistently performed to a high standard throughout the year.

Ah Benny, give it up. You're just embarrasing yourself. Better off saying nothing at this stage.

"                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

"

dublin7

Jaysus Benny you really didn't have to actually say nothing to prove your bigotry.

Tomorrow is another day, so suck it up you bitter fool. Life's too short. Anyway as the bitter dude you are I can assume you're looking at myself and others with an unhealthy bitterness. Just remember the  dubs are: "Buzzin for the half dozen" and despite what you think Cluxton is POTY

From the Bunker

Thought Ciarán Kilkenny was unlucky not to win an All Star!

Cluxton's POTY well deserved. A modest man, who goes about his work diligently!

moysider

Quote from: Blowitupref on November 01, 2019, 07:53:11 PM
Howard named at 6 the only surprise so far. 6 forwards to be named after the ad break.

Not a surprise but while he didn't really play 6 he was nominated in that line so.........
Boyle really should have got 6.

BennyCake

Quote from: dublin7 on November 01, 2019, 11:36:43 PM
Jaysus Benny you really didn't have to actually say nothing to prove your bigotry.

Tomorrow is another day, so suck it up you bitter fool. Life's too short. Anyway as the bitter dude you are I can assume you're looking at myself and others with an unhealthy bitterness. Just remember the  dubs are: "Buzzin for the half dozen" and despite what you think Cluxton is POTY

Bigoted and bitter? Because I happen to have an opinion different from yours?

You're just a tad sensitive about your team, dude.

BennyCake

Quote from: hardstation on November 01, 2019, 11:58:32 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on November 01, 2019, 11:36:43 PM

Bigotry:
intolerance towards those who hold different opinions from oneself.

That's you btw.

As a non-bigot, I think this award has been given to Cluxton to celebrate his career achievements (which presumably are coming to an end). I'm not sure anyone can argue that he was the best footballer of 2019. He deserves an achievement award and if POTY 2019 is the only means we have of giving this to him, fair enough.

Yes, I'd pretty much agree with that. Similar to the Ryan Giggs thing, as I said before.

lenny

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 01, 2019, 11:46:17 PM

Ridiculous that great players like kilkenny and keogan weren't selected but an average player like mcnamee was.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: J70 on November 01, 2019, 11:14:39 PM
Congratulations to Michael Murphy on a thoroughly deserved All Star. Monster season for him. Arguably his finest (personally) in the country jersey. Rarely do you see a player single-handedly dominate games at senior intercounty level like he did this summer.

Michael Murphy deserves an all-star every year.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Angelo

Quote from: lenny on November 02, 2019, 08:31:30 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on November 01, 2019, 11:46:17 PM

Ridiculous that great players like kilkenny and keogan weren't selected but an average player like mcnamee was.

Your life must must be very said, do you spend your whole life with a pair of binoculars set up, leering in at your neighbours in a permanent state of rage?

Delighted for McNamee, he missed out on one in 2015 when he was the best full back in the country so good to see him finally rewarded.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL