Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: randomusername on October 03, 2014, 10:57:07 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 03, 2014, 10:54:44 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 03, 2014, 10:48:25 PM
Quote from: randomusername on October 03, 2014, 10:45:31 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 03, 2014, 10:40:33 PM
Quote from: randomusername on October 03, 2014, 10:32:30 PM
Donaghy left Tyrone as he couldn't get on the under-8 team because he was too naturally talented and tall.

Sure our under-8's are taller than Tyrone seniors  ;D

Ye are not exactly known for ye're high fielders are ye.

Bear in mind Canavan's 5'1"

I tried "view" -> "zoom" and I still couldn't make out who was in that picture.

ok, "view" -> "zoom" -> "400%" worked...those lads are tiny.

McMenamins legs ... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

How did they manage to defeat the mighty Kingdom?? It's inspiring really, like a real-life Lord of the Rings.

Ah c'mon, in fairness...it looks like they photoshopped him onto a pair of matchsticks  ;D ;D

randomusername

Quote from: BennyHarp on October 03, 2014, 10:59:09 PM
Donaghy left Tyrone as he couldn't get on the under-8 team because he was too naturally talented and tall.

Thanks for the memories, lads. Keep the pictures coming. That would be some 7 a side outfit. And to think, Ricey, with those legs, put the shits up every Kerry forward for a generation.  ;D They must look back now and think, "what was I so afraid of?" Good times!!

Captain. Leader. Legend.

Meh close enough.

mlcollins

Quote from: randomusername on October 03, 2014, 10:57:43 PM
Quote from: mlcollins on October 03, 2014, 10:55:52 PM
Quote from: randomusername on October 03, 2014, 10:51:01 PM
Donaghy's dad should've been on the Sunday Game:

"If Kieran Donaghy was living in Tyrone within another year or two, maturing and reading the game better, Tyrone could possibly go on to win a five-in-a-row.

Donaghy senior is predicting that his younger son Conor (20) could be the next 'starlet' to emerge from the Kingdom.

"He's an even bigger cub than Kieran and a great basketball player. That's in bad taste re: Kierans father, you're a funny man, aren't you, hilarious.

"I guarantee within six months he'll be on the Kerry senior panel or I'll throw myself into the lakes of Killarney!"

You'll figure it out
Enlighten us with your cryptic utterances, as they are obviously subjective and biased, do please amaze us with your cogent cognitive abilities.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: BennyCake on October 03, 2014, 11:00:23 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 03, 2014, 09:54:03 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 03, 2014, 09:47:22 PM

Yes, one back to back in 25 years. The point is an AI winner one year, dumped out on your arse the next. And sometimes it's a fine line.

Good to see you finally acknowledge the difficulty of winning back-to-back and accepting our point that it is the true mark of champions.

I knew we'd get through to you eventually.

Winning back to back wasn't the issue. I was merely pointing out that the vast majority of AI winners will be beat the next year.

The width of a post was the difference. You make it sound like Donegal aren't fit to play on the same pitch as Kerry, such is their superior skill and athleticism.

On the contrary, I would rate Donegal as a much better team than Tyrone or Armagh in the sense that they played us when we were ready for them.

It was an even contest.

They beat is in 2012 and we beat them this year so I would very much see us as equals. I cant say the same for their more opportunistic provincial colleagues who played us when we had one hand tied behind our backs.

mlcollins

Thanks for the memories, lads. Keep the pictures coming. That would be some 7 a side outfit. And to think, Ricey, with those legs, put the shits up every Kerry forward for a generation.  ;D They must look back now and think, "what was I so afraid of?" Good times!!
ah yes yere very own Hannibal lector, a fine specimen of a foreigner.

randomusername

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 03, 2014, 11:07:09 PM

Yes, one back to back in 25 years. The point is an AI winner one year, dumped out on your arse the next. And sometimes it's a fine line.

Good to see you finally acknowledge the difficulty of winning back-to-back and accepting our point that it is the true mark of champions.

Winning back to back wasn't the issue. I was merely pointing out that the vast majority of AI winners will be beat the next year.

The width of a post was the difference. You make it sound like Donegal aren't fit to play on the same pitch as Kerry, such is their superior skill and athleticism.

On the contrary, I would rate Donegal as a much better team than Tyrone or Armagh in the sense that they played us when we were ready for them.

It was an even contest.

They beat is in 2012 and we beat them this year so I would very much see us as equals. I cant say the same for their more opportunistic provincial colleagues who played us when we had one hand tied behind our backs.

The problem with Donegal is that their accent is too nice. Imagine being sledged by one of the McGees, you wouldn't care. You'd probably find it soothing.

Mike Sheehy

Jesus, that McMenamin lad had a serious need to get up close and personal with Kerrymen. It is what I was saying earlier abot unrequited love  ;)

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: randomusername on October 03, 2014, 11:09:33 PM

The problem with Donegal is that their accent is too nice. Imagine being sledged by one of the McGees, you wouldn't care. You'd probably find it soothing.

In fairness to Donegal, they are sound. When the beat us in 2012 they behaved properly. That is one of the most important things in the GAA and it is something Armagh and Tyrone have never understood.

When we beat Donegal last month we repaid that respect and treated them in a dignified way. You lads could learn from Donegal and Kerry..

BennyCake

It was an even contest.

Even contest yes. It could have went either way. So how are Kerry vastly superior to everyone else, when Donegal matched them?

BennyHarp

It was an even contest.

Ha ha,  ;D That excuse doesn't actually flatter your players you know Mikey. They were supposedly one of the best teams ever but were too brainless to work out how to play against an Ulster team during a timespan that covered a six year period? You shouldn't be so hard on the Kerry team of that generation Mikey, although the games against Ulster opposition were heart breaking for you, they gave you some good days as well.
That was never a square ball!!

mlcollins

Quote from: randomusername on October 03, 2014, 11:03:05 PM

Captain. Leader. Legend.

Meh close enough.
Tut, Tut, these foreign lads have no class, at all at all, either that or he craves for a lot of loving  ::)

BennyCake

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 03, 2014, 11:13:53 PM

In fairness to Donegal, they are sound. When the beat us in 2012 they behaved properly. That is one of the most important things in the GAA and it is something Armagh and Tyrone have never understood.

When we beat Donegal last month we repaid that respect and treated them in a dignified way. You lads could learn from Donegal and Kerry..

Do please enlighten us as to how Armagh were disrespectful when beating Kerry?

randomusername

Quote from: mlcollins on October 03, 2014, 11:17:16 PMTut, Tut, these foreign lads have no class, at all at all, either that or he craves for a lot of loving  ::)

Bloody Canadians.

mlcollins

Quote from: BennyCake on October 03, 2014, 11:18:49 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 03, 2014, 11:13:53 PM

Do please enlighten us as to how Armagh were disrespectful when beating Kerry?
So what you are inferring by your post is that Tyrone disrespected us,  ;D ;D ;D ;D