All Ireland Gaelic Football Final 2014 Kerry v Donegal

Started by rrhf, August 31, 2014, 10:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: mlcollins on October 03, 2014, 08:29:26 PM
So the way Kerry play is the only way to play football? Wise up. 12 years ago, Kerry were made to think outside the box about how to play Ulster teams. The game evolved, as it always has, and yet it took Kerry 12 years to beat an Ulster team at their peak (albeit with a lucky goal). I would get down off that high horse, because you'll be knocked off it as quickly as any other AI winner this last 20 years has.
20 years, you're having a laugh, what about Kerrys two in a row, circa 2006/2007, I know the average nordie is obsessed with revisionism but this brings it to a new level,  ;D
[/quote]

2006 and 2007 were not years in which real football took place.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 03, 2014, 07:38:39 PM
As I have said before, there is a deep well of resentment in the Nordies due to the fact that we would not acknowledge them as equals. They crave our respect and the fact that we did not give it has driven them into paroxysms of rage. You can just picture Red Hander and Bennycake banging away at their keyboard then going to bed cradling a copy of "Kerry's Golden years", crying over unrequited love <sigh>

Face it lads, ye will always be the ugly sibling. Turning up to Croke park with ye're dour , Presbyterian infused systems , running up and down the field in raging packs, angry at the GAA world for not tipping the hat to ye. Meanwhile the bould Kingdom boys swan in kicking glorious points, snatching audacious goals and coining nifty catchphrases as the GAA world swoons.

You so wish you were us  ;)

That says more about Kerry folk to be honest. Ulster teams continually beat Kerry in big games, and you can't handle it. It's difficult losing, but at least have respect for your opponents and admit they deserved to win. Obviously, you're not capable of that in Kerry.

Mike Sheehy

You are not proper footballers though. Systems are beaten into you.
Sure there is no joy in that.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: armaghniac on October 03, 2014, 09:41:02 PM
So the way Kerry play is the only way to play football? Wise up. 12 years ago, Kerry were made to think outside the box about how to play Ulster teams. The game evolved, as it always has, and yet it took Kerry 12 years to beat an Ulster team at their peak (albeit with a lucky goal). I would get down off that high horse, because you'll be knocked off it as quickly as any other AI winner this last 20 years has.
20 years, you're having a laugh, what about Kerrys two in a row, circa 2006/2007, I know the average nordie is obsessed with revisionism but this brings it to a new level,  ;D

[/quote]

The quality was supernatural in those years alright. I will grant you that much.

BennyCake

Quote from: BennyCake on October 03, 2014, 06:36:46 PM
Quote from: mlcollins on October 03, 2014, 05:25:13 PM
Ignorance must be an affliction, what Kerry poster said we were the saviours of our game,we are only interested in winning all-Irelands, What Kerry poster said this was an appealing game, it was dire but we don't give a damn, after all our years playing the nordies we at last used our noggins and played them at their own game and now will continue to do so but the thing is and this is where we are truly the aristocrats of the game we can revert to type and play the beautiful game when we need to against real footballing counties because we have the natural skill and technique but as I posted before we are now well able and adroit at playing in the sewer with ye lot and remember winning is all due to inches and remember a win is a win is a win,   37 and counting. Life is good, what's it like in nordie land Benny, i'd say it's fairly bitter  ;)

Anyone can play beautiful football against Waterford, Clare or Tipperary. Even those Dromintee lads in their jeans could manage that.

What are you bittering about? What I said is all facts.

Yes, one back to back in 25 years. The point is an AI winner one year, dumped out on your arse the next. And sometimes it's a fine line.

Now, feel free to respond to my other points. I won't hold my breath though.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: BennyCake on October 03, 2014, 09:47:22 PM

Yes, one back to back in 25 years. The point is an AI winner one year, dumped out on your arse the next. And sometimes it's a fine line.

Good to see you finally acknowledge the difficulty of winning back-to-back and accepting our point that it is the true mark of champions.

I knew we'd get through to you eventually.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: randomusername on October 03, 2014, 09:54:30 PM
Can't we all just get along.

I don't think so

Ulster says no. Kerry says yes.

Therein lies the difference.

mlcollins

Quote from: armaghniac on October 03, 2014, 09:41:02 PM

[/quote]From a county with one all-Ireland you have a big mouth, but if you mean real football, you mean the foreign trash ye play well ye can keep it, the freestaters played some beautiful football  those years, ye were not good to dine at the table.

mlcollins

Quote from: BennyCake on October 03, 2014, 09:47:22 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 03, 2014, 06:36:46 PM
Quote from: mlcollins on October 03, 2014, 05:25:13 PM
Ignorance must be an affliction, what Kerry poster said we were the saviours of our game,we are only interested in winning all-Irelands, What Kerry poster said this was an appealing game, it was dire but we don't give a damn, after all our years playing the nordies we at last used our noggins and played them at their own game and now will continue to do so but the thing is and this is where we are truly the aristocrats of the game we can revert to type and play the beautiful game when we need to against real footballing counties because we have the natural skill and technique but as I posted before we are now well able and adroit at playing in the sewer with ye lot and remember winning is all due to inches and remember a win is a win is a win,   37 and counting. Life is good, what's it like in nordie land Benny, i'd say it's fairly bitter  ;)

Anyone can play beautiful football against Waterford, Clare or Tipperary. Even those Dromintee lads in their jeans could manage that.

What are you bittering about? What I said is all facts.

Now, feel free to respond to my other points. I won't hold my breath though.
Give it up, you are only babbling now, pathetic.

Mike Sheehy

The nordies are not so impressive on the back foot.

I always suspected that to be the case...only sing when they are winning etc, etc

Farrandeelin

I'm sure 'they shot the wrong mlcollins' was said on this thread before, but I'll say it now anyway.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

red hander

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 03, 2014, 09:45:43 PM

Where's the joy in just hoofing a big ball into the full forward? You're the Wimbledon FC of the GAA, route one vomit-miesters with more onfield cynicism throughout the pitch than a whole team of Riceys. You stank the place out against Donegal and it was brutal to watch, brutal. We showed yis how to play total football in 2005 and 2008, two AIs widely recognised as two of the best finals in the last 20-25 years. How you can have any pride in that display last month is beyond me and most of the GAA watching public in the country ... hold your heads in shame.

Rossfan

Time to lock this thread as it's beginning to look like a row between 4 year olds.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: red hander on October 03, 2014, 10:12:55 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 03, 2014, 09:45:43 PM

Where's the joy in just hoofing a big ball into the full forward? You're the Wimbledon FC of the GAA, route one vomit-miesters with more onfield cynicism throughout the pitch than a whole team of Riceys. You stank the place out against Donegal and it was brutal to watch, brutal. We showed yis how to play total football in 2005 and 2008, two AIs widely recognised as two of the best finals in the last 20-25 years. How you can have any pride in that display last month is beyond me and most of the GAA watching public in the country ... hold your heads in shame.

One of the aesthetic pleasures of Gaelic football is high fielding. I know this art died out in Ulster along with the dinosaurs but it is an essential part of our game down south.

It is tragic that Ulster youngsters are so chained to the ground.

Let the freebirds fly.