Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: Zip Code on June 11, 2014, 12:33:22 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on June 11, 2014, 12:20:33 PM
Any of the bike geeks  ;) on here able to recommend a handle bar bracket/ holder for an iphone?

Jesus can people not even go for a cycle without the phone these days!

It is for her indoors, she likes to have the wee apps for running and now for cycling to show her how well she is doing!

thebigfella

Quote from: NAG1 on June 11, 2014, 12:51:02 PM
Any of the bike geeks  ;) on here able to recommend a handle bar bracket/ holder for an iphone?

It is for her indoors, she likes to have the wee apps for running and now for cycling to show her how well she is doing!

Buy her a Garmin

Tony Baloney

Quote from: thebigfella on June 11, 2014, 01:25:28 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on June 11, 2014, 12:51:02 PM

Buy her a Garmin
He's from North Antrim. Gaffer tape will do the same job.

DennistheMenace

What channel is the Tour De France on next month, Eurosport?

gerry

Yep. Live coverage and a highlights programme each night
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Ed Hardy

Bit fed up running the roads and my ankle gives me some bother if I run to often. So thinking of getting a road bike. Any suggestions of bikes or where to buy one, live in Co.Down. I wouldn't want to spend much more than £300 on the bike incase I don't enjoy it.

Denn Forever

Quote from: DennistheMenace on June 11, 2014, 02:42:35 PM
What channel is the Tour De France on next month, Eurosport?

TG4?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

bennydorano

And ITV4 as well.

Ed - read back through a few pages, similar advice has been given on a few occasions. You sound like you're in the market for a Halfords type beginner bike (Carerra / Apollo) , or something of better quality but 2nd hand - of the likes of Gumtree, Ebay or the Facebook cyclist buy & sell page.

CiKe

What is view from experts on the Tour after an interesting end to the Dauphine?

bennydorano

Not that I think I'm an expert - Think Froome has Contador' s number tbh, Froome' s fall on Friday knocked the stuffing out of him.  Big performance from Kilderman of Belkin, Nibali looks as good as me. Tallansky won that by default today. Valverde is the only big gun who we haven't seen lately who will fancy his chances at the Tour, can't see it tho. If he stays injury & bad luck free in France, Froome wins IMO, but Contador has probably never been in better form & I hope he wins. Interesting that other cyclists who have since posted higher levels of clenbuterol than Contador was done for have been cleared of any wrongdoing, guess the horsemeat fiasco made them realise you can't trust the meat industry.

See Froome is getting a bit of stick for use of an inhaler and a TUE (Theraputic Use Exemption) for use of something for a chest infection (steroid based) at the recent Tour of Romandie. Brian Cookson the British UCI supremo getting it in the neck as his son works for Sky and the Kimmages of this world think the 2 are linked. Don't think Sky are at it, but they are losing the PR war big-time by putting themselves in these situations (but then again they've done nothing wrong).

JimStynes

What about the Causeway Coast Sportive lads? Heard it is the hardest sportive in Ireland, I am thinking of doing it but don't know if I will have the time to fit in the training with football and going on holidays in August. Is it really as bad as they say it is?

gerry

3 weeks of telly watching begins. hopefully we will see a good battle with chris and alberto when we get to the mountains on the last week.  alberto looks to be in great form and with a ITT on the second  last day he needs to have a good lead on froome if he wants to be in yellow in paris.  alberto team  looks weaker as two of them rode the giro and with Kreuzigar banned  but it didn't mater last year what team alberto had he wasn't going to win it.

btw poor cav today  ;), that's what happen when you shoulder someone at 40mph.

Milltown Row2

Bad enough crash. Three lads that id do spinning with during week had nasty crash last Sunday, the leads trye burst and he hit the ground at 30mph and rest came in behind him. Broken vertebrae and other broken bones in back. One has broken collarbone and punctured lung and broken ribs . I was to head out with them but had race myself next day!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

grounded

gerry

That's one of the draw backs from cycling if you go down your are going to hurt yourself bigtime and could be of work for a while. Cycling Ireland insurance not worth a feck either when it comes to paying for the mortgage