Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

Quote from: gerry on April 21, 2014, 10:17:33 PM
yesterday was the first time out in the shorts and i am glad to report that my tan lines are coming on nicely.  our club in drumquin had our annual cycle yesterday and i covered the first 35 miles with a 21 mph/33km average before i got dropped out of this group at the next hill. 

some big miles being covered in our gaaboard strava site for the month of april

Thats fair going Gerry. Jeez i think i'm going well averaging 17 miles an hour  . What would club racers be averaging ? I know my bike is hampering me a little time wise as it's a hybrid, but it will have to do as i won't be getting a race bike till next year.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

the Deel Rover

Quote from: JimStynes on April 24, 2014, 11:45:40 PM
Quote from: gerry on April 24, 2014, 11:32:24 PM
anybody else get one of these today

Nope! Where did you get that? I've never watched a pro cycle race before, is it just a matter of standing at the side of the road and watching the peleton go past for 20 secs and thats that then?

Out on the new Bianchi the other day. I've been cycling a tank this past 2 years! The new bike is so light compared to the Felt I have.

What were you cycling before Jim ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

JimStynes

Was cycling a felt z80! Great wee bike but was 7/8 years old. Do me for winter!

Garmin problem!! I uploaded my cycle today and only part of it loaded to strava and it won't load to garmin at all. It's still on the garmin. Every time I delete the strava download and upload it only uploads the deleted cycle! It won't upload to garmin connect at all! Any way round this? I manually updated a distance and time etc but wanted to see my trophies lol

gerry

That's not good as you don't want to be bottom of the gaaboard Strava league ;)
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

JimStynes

The lanterne rouge! Got my start time for next week by the way 7.40-8.00! It will be very tight for me finishing on time!

Mayo4Sam

Scary one today.
Was doing my second accreditation on the sundrive velodrome, half an hour in and tipping round, whatever happened I stopped pedalling, not a good idea, these are fixies, fired off the bike. Came to as I was being helped back to the club house. Had been out cold, helmet cracked. Could remember my address when asked but couldn't remember what I worked at, what day it was, what month it was. Was aware that I was confused.
Off to hospital and came to, luckily nothing broke, ligaments gone in shoulder and showed up some old injuries.
Hopefully not out for too long, had just signed up for the Orwell Randonee next Saturday and three days of race the RAS from May 18
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

JimStynes

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on April 26, 2014, 10:41:33 PM
Scary one today.
Was doing my second accreditation on the sundrive velodrome, half an hour in and tipping round, whatever happened I stopped pedalling, not a good idea, these are fixies, fired off the bike. Came to as I was being helped back to the club house. Had been out cold, helmet cracked. Could remember my address when asked but couldn't remember what I worked at, what day it was, what month it was. Was aware that I was confused.
Off to hospital and came to, luckily nothing broke, ligaments gone in shoulder and showed up some old injuries.
Hopefully not out for too long, had just signed up for the Orwell Randonee next Saturday and three days of race the RAS from May 18

Jesus sounds like u got out of it lucky enough! That race the RAS looks good. Good luck with it

Mayo4Sam

Hopefully I can make it now, arm in a sling at the mo

Milltown Row2

How much to get a gear cable fixed/replaced?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mayo4Sam

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

haranguerer

Quote from: maddog on April 16, 2014, 06:36:16 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on April 16, 2014, 12:51:17 PM
Check out Ribble.co.uk - bikebuilder & their special editions. The Ribble Azzuro (full Carbon frame & forks)  with full 105 is superb value @£999. Check the guides for sizing.

That's a serious deal, think it sacrifices a little on wheel quality for the carbon frame but could always upgrade them after a while.

I'd been all on for the Ribble, then a friend sent through this, which seems even better for the same money (ultegra groupset rather than 105):
http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBPXSLPULT6800/planet-x-pro-carbon-shimano-ultegra-6800-road-bike

Was set on that until I fell for a second hand focus cayo carbon, sram red/force, carbon wheels, which I'm pleased to say I'm now the proud owner of  :)

Cheers for the help lads!

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 27, 2014, 09:54:29 AM
How much to get a gear cable fixed/replaced?
fella i go to seems to charge £10 for everything and won't even take money at times. Based in Lurgan. PM if you want his number

bennydorano

Quote from: haranguerer on April 28, 2014, 09:47:11 AM
Quote from: maddog on April 16, 2014, 06:36:16 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on April 16, 2014, 12:51:17 PM
Check out Ribble.co.uk - bikebuilder & their special editions. The Ribble Azzuro (full Carbon frame & forks)  with full 105 is superb value @£999. Check the guides for sizing.

That's a serious deal, think it sacrifices a little on wheel quality for the carbon frame but could always upgrade them after a while.

I'd been all on for the Ribble, then a friend sent through this, which seems even better for the same money (ultegra groupset rather than 105):
http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBPXSLPULT6800/planet-x-pro-carbon-shimano-ultegra-6800-road-bike

Was set on that until I fell for a second hand focus cayo carbon, sram red/force, carbon wheels, which I'm pleased to say I'm now the proud owner of  :)

Cheers for the help lads!
Jesus that's a ridiculously good deal for the Planet X.  I was going to hold off until the Autumn and buy a real good un for next Summer, but I might cycle to work scheme that for £999 & upgrade a few bits myself.

Good luck with the Cayo, nice bike.

haranguerer

Cheers, looking forward to getting out on it.

I asked around, and the consensus was the Ribble was an incredible deal, so for the planet x to beat it really is something!