Dublin v Cork 13 July 2019

Started by The Hill is Blue, July 13, 2019, 12:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hill is Blue

I'm hoping for the best for the Dubs tonight in Croke Park. Cork seem to be getting their act together again so we'll see how far they've progressed.

The two counties haven't met much in recent years but there's a great history of rivalry between them with All Ireland semifinal meetings in 1974 (which included a cracking goal from the great Anton O'Toole), 1983 (with the memorable replay in Pairc Ui Chaoimh), 1989 (a win for Cork after Keith Barr had been sent to the line), 1995 (with an early goal from nineteen year old Jason Sherlock), 2010 (a one point win for Cork after Dublin had led by five coming into the final quarter).

COYBIB
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

MayoBuck

Cork have their confidence back. They won't fear Dublin.

Cunny Funt

The last championship meeting between the two Cork were considered All Ireland contender while Dublin had won just 2 senior All Ireland titles in 30 years. Changed times...

BennyCake

Cork will need goals to get near Dublin, and I think they'll get 3 or 4 of them. Dublin will probably still win though.

shark

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 13, 2019, 01:50:17 PM
The last championship meeting between the two Cork were considered All Ireland contender while Dublin had won just 2 senior All Ireland titles in 30 years. Changed times...

They have played in a 1/4 final more recently than 2010.

From the Bunker

Dublin are 1/33 to win this game! Hardly worth opening a thread about it!

GalwayBayBoy

From the Bunker

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 13, 2019, 06:48:21 PM
Attendance looks....sparse.

Dublin fans are saving their money for the 5, 6 and 7 in a row finals! Brolly looking for the Hurling to save face with a double header.

Brolly even can't be bothered to put on a shirt and tie!

themac_23

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 13, 2019, 06:50:49 PM

Dublin fans are saving their money for the 5, 6 and 7 in a row finals! Brolly looking for the Hurling to save face with a double header.

Usually feel Brolly talks rubbish but he has a point with regards to the cork supporters being dragged to Dublin 2 days in a row, especially this evening for the footballers, a double header would have worked well I think

Hound

Quote from: themac_23 on July 13, 2019, 06:53:15 PM

Usually feel Brolly talks rubbish but he has a point with regards to the cork supporters being dragged to Dublin 2 days in a row, especially this evening for the footballers, a double header would have worked well I think
+1

I'm abroad and have been for a couple of weeks. Anyone know the story re the Dubs jersey ?

From the Bunker

Quote from: themac_23 on July 13, 2019, 06:53:15 PM

Brolly is just brown nosing! He will never ever mention Dublin's financial doping. True Cork fans should have been sorted out. But you can only sell a corporate box once for one days event. This way two boxes are sold also the gain of cork supporters would be very minuscule compared to the gains from TV rights.

RedHand88

imtommygunn

Jaysus

Still won't win but fair play.

Jayop

Some start. Gough a joke giving that pen before the umpire told him no.

imtommygunn

Fair play to him for turning it round though.