The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Hoever at cb and Jones in mid could be on Klopps radar, the new guy comin in will help numbers too but aye the injuries are piling up...

BennyCake

Where does this competition rate?

I remember United winning it in 08. While it's nice to say your team are World Champions, in the great scheme of things, it didn't matter a big pile to me.

The fact that it's in Qatar says a lot really. As with most things with football now, it's all about corruption and greed. And now we have it in the GAA too. Merry Christmas!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on December 22, 2019, 11:55:37 AM

I remember United winning it in 08. While it's nice to say your team are World Champions, in the great scheme of things, it didn't matter a big pile to me.

The fact that it's in Qatar says a lot really. As with most things with football now, it's all about corruption and greed. And now we have it in the GAA too. Merry Christmas!

Pages 336 on the Utd thread has the main discussion on Utds win of the world club cup, one poster (the obvious one) bangs on about it. The other posters more concerned with the Milan game and Vidic being red carded
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyCake on December 22, 2019, 11:55:37 AM

If you are talking about money, it's worth $5 million for the winners, the FA Cup is worth £2 million and the League Cup is worth £100,000.
It gave Liverpool more exposure to a middle eastern and Asian audience.
It gave Liverpool more exposure to a wider international audience.
There is a feel good factor about winning another Trophy/Cup early in the Season.
Winning is a habit.
Medals like these may not be the center piece of a decent players collection, But they are a nice peripheral addition.

J70

Quote from: under the bar on December 21, 2019, 10:35:28 PM
Quote from: yewtree on December 21, 2019, 09:18:53 PM
WOW Can you believe it ? Liverpool FC are World Champions !!!! #ynwa

Time for beers and fillies later ....

Well done but, as usual, United won it years before you!  ;)

quit yo jibbajabba

Didnt think De Gea wouldve let that slip Under the Bar

My work here is done  8)

laoislad

Quote from: laoislad on December 07, 2019, 06:21:48 PM
Quote from: dec on December 07, 2019, 06:08:34 PM
Now come on Man United!!!

I want Man U to miss the champions league as well so i think i would prefer a draw

Nah, get as many points as possible between us and City I think.
If United can hold on it's a win win as far as I'm concerned. City drop points and United fans think Ole is the second coming again and he won't be sacked, it will all go wrong again in a few weeks against Watford or someone then.
What did I tell ye lads.... ;D ;D
laoislad knows   8)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Dire Ear

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: under the bar on December 22, 2019, 12:02:44 AM
Quote from: laoislad on December 21, 2019, 11:13:44 PM
We've conquered all of Europe the World.
Allez Allez Allez....

United got there long before you.....as usual! ;D

I presume this clown will go to ground now for a while

It must be absolutely heart breaking for him these days
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

J70

Tough run of fixtures coming up until the end of January. Good job they've a ten point lead with a game in hand! I would expect the reserves out against Everton.

Thu Dec 26th 20:00 Leicester City Away
Sun Dec 29th 16:30 Wolverhampton Wanderers Home
Thu Jan 2nd 20:00 Sheffield United Home
Sun Jan 5th 16:00 Everton Home FA Cup
Sat Jan 11th 17:30 Tottenham Hotspur Away
Sun Jan 19th 16:30 Manchester United Home
Thu Jan 23rd 20:00 Wolverhampton Wanderers Away

quit yo jibbajabba

Pains me to say it but defeat against the neighbours wouldnt be the worst thing..

Milltown Row2

10 points clear and no team making a push and playing fantastic football, I'd say the 30 year wait is over.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 23, 2019, 11:40:48 PM
10 points clear and no team making a push and playing fantastic football, I'd say the 30 year wait is over.

Yes, it all seems to point that way!  :)

Thanks for your vote of confidence.

laoislad

Happy Christmas fellow supporters of the European and World Champions...
🎅🏆🏆🏆
YNWA.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BennyCake

Quote from: laoislad on December 24, 2019, 11:25:26 PM
Happy Christmas fellow supporters of the European and World Champions...
🎅🏆🏆🏆
YNWA.

Portugal and France?