Dublin over the next few years

Started by seafoid, November 07, 2019, 02:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Are they likely to win 6-7-8 and draw more and more criticism ?
Or would they throw 2020 and start the clock again in 2021 with no hassle ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Captain Obvious

Should win at least the next two as the competition/challengers probably still won't be as strong as the should be. Jim Gavin might decide to step away then and they might be caught on the hop in 2022.

t_mac

Quote from: seafoid on November 07, 2019, 02:56:14 PM

Only 15 teams can challenge them now, they might reduce this further and just let them and the number two contenders Tyrone fight it out.

Esmarelda

From Paddy Power:

To win 6 AISF championships in a row in 2020 4/7
To win 7 AISF championships in a row in 2021 6/4
To win 8 AISF championships in a row in 2022 11/4
To win 9 AISF championships in a row in 2023 9/2
To win 10 AISF championships in a row in 2024 15/2

Donegal are 9/1 to win it next year, Tyrone 16/1 and Mayo 18/1 all of which PP think is less likely than Dublin winning ten in a row.

Hound

I honestly thought Gavin and Cluxton would go after the 5.

Doesn't look like it.

I also thought there might a few taking a year out. I see so many people in their mid 20s taking 6 / 9 / 12 months out to go travelling, so if a Dub mid-20s lad (e.g. Fenton) is going to do that, what better time than after the 5? No sign of that yet.

Cluxton is a freak of nature and that has rubbed off on others.
Gavin was immediately talking about really looking forward to next year and the lads who are pushing to be involved and seeing how they go in the O'Byrne Cup and early stages of the league.
I've heard some of the younger players saying they didn't do 5 in a row.
The drive and commitment of the panel does not seem to be waning.

But Kerry have just about caught up and arguably have more improving to do. So it's not a one horse race. Whether it's a 2 horse race is another question. Good to hear Joyce at least having high ambitions.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Esmarelda on November 07, 2019, 03:45:46 PM
From Paddy Power:

Donegal are 9/1 to win it next year, Tyrone 16/1 and Mayo 18/1 all of which PP think is less likely than Dublin winning ten in a row.

Yes looking at those odds its a one horse race for the foreseeable future.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

seafoid

From Paddy Power:

9 in a row has a bad look in an amateur sport that is part of the summer furniture for so many people

TheGreatest

Quote from: seafoid on November 07, 2019, 04:12:41 PM
From Paddy Power:

9 in a row has a bad look in an amateur sport that is part of the summer furniture for so many people

Would that be the same case in Galway and Armagh football championships? One team dominating, sure why bother.

lurganblue

I'd expect that Kerry team to win it within the next 2/3 years.

TheGreatest

Being a Dublin fan, i think we can win it next year, however i dont think we will win 7 in a row and it will open up a bit. Nobody dominates forever, watching the Hurling in the 00s with Kilkenny so far ahead of the pack i probably felt the same as the begrudgers on here feel but look a the hurling now, wide open, tight games, different winners every year.

If you hear Cluxton in the media last week, he doesnt sound like he will be around for much longer, and few will join him, already two high profile players gone. Cracks will appear.

On the other hand, you will see Ciaran Archer join up with the panel(Hopefully), he has the potential to surpass the current talented crop of forwards and be one of the greatest, but must learn his trade.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: lurganblue on November 08, 2019, 09:16:10 AM
I'd expect that Kerry team to win it within the next 2/3 years.

If they can sort out their defence then so can I.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: TheGreatest on November 08, 2019, 09:19:40 AM

Being a Dublin fan, i think we can win it next year, however i dont think we will win 7 in a row and it will open up a bit. Nobody dominates forever, watching the Hurling in the 00s with Kilkenny so far ahead of the pack i probably felt the same as the begrudgers on here feel but look a the hurling now, wide open, tight games, different winners every year.

If you hear Cluxton in the media last week, he doesnt sound like he will be around for much longer, and few will join him, already two high profile players gone. Cracks will appear.

On the other hand, you will see Ciaran Archer join up with the panel(Hopefully), he has the potential to surpass the current talented crop of forwards and be one of the greatest, but must learn his trade.

He'll need some of those protein shakes Con O'Callaghan has taken the last year to make the step up.  ;)

seafoid

Quote from: TheGreatest on November 08, 2019, 09:11:55 AM
Quote from: seafoid on November 07, 2019, 04:12:41 PM
From Paddy Power:

Would that be the same case in Galway and Armagh football championships? One team dominating, sure why bother.
It wouldn't. Club championships are parish-based and have always had serial champions. The GAA is heading into unknown territory with Dublin. How will punters and TV audiences  react?

Dire Ear