Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

I really hope United sign Fred as I'll save a fortune getting his name on my the kids shirts. Ibrahimovic nearly bankrupt me!  ;D

NAG1

Anyone know much about him?
See he has bandied about a few of the big clubs, one to watch for the world cup?

Maroon Manc

Quote from: NAG1 on June 04, 2018, 11:43:42 AM
See he has bandied about a few of the big clubs, one to watch for the world cup?

Don't think I've ever seen him play, hopefully get some game time for Brazil. He's small which is unusual for a Mourinho signing.

NAG1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 04, 2018, 01:17:44 PM

Don't think I've ever seen him play, hopefully get some game time for Brazil. He's small which is unusual for a Mourinho signing.

Spell the end for Herrera? or will it be one in one out with Fellaini?

Maroon Manc

Quote from: NAG1 on June 04, 2018, 01:30:08 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 04, 2018, 01:17:44 PM

Spell the end for Herrera? or will it be one in one out with Fellaini?

Can't see Herrera moving on with Fellaini leaving and Carrick retiring. I still think he'll look to bring in another midfielder.

magpie seanie

Umtiti the latest player to use United to get a huge contract from his current club.

NAG1

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 04, 2018, 08:36:17 PM
Umtiti the latest player to use United to get a huge contract from his current club.

That has been going on for a good few years now MS, not much the club can do about that.

oakleaflad

How so?

magpie seanie

Hard to answer the two of ye lads!  ;D

NAG1

Quote from: oakleaflad on June 05, 2018, 09:01:35 AM
How so?

Pretty straight forward Oakleaf, his people knowing he is coming to the end of his contract or seeking a new improved deal start to tout him around knowing the club are still keen to keep him. Knowing United are in the market makes it a more realistic proposition. The deal was never going to happen but the player ends up on better/ long terms than he was previously.

That do MS?  ;)

magpie seanie

Quote from: NAG1 on June 05, 2018, 09:27:15 AM
How so?

Pretty straight forward Oakleaf, his people knowing he is coming to the end of his contract or seeking a new improved deal start to tout him around knowing the club are still keen to keep him. Knowing United are in the market makes it a more realistic proposition. The deal was never going to happen but the player ends up on better/ long terms than he was previously.

That do MS?  ;)

Ya plus United are known to (a) have shed loads of cash, (b) be kind of desperate to get back to the top and (c) have a clueless fool in charge of transfers.

oakleaflad

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 05, 2018, 09:31:30 AM
How so?

That do MS?  ;)

Ya plus United are known to (a) have shed loads of cash, (b) be kind of desperate to get back to the top and (c) have a clueless fool in charge of transfers.
All paper talk lads. Unless his agent said something I missed?

I do get your overall point though, remember something similar with Ramos a few years ago and Bale's comments after the Champions League final could just be angling at a new contract too.

magpie seanie

Quote from: oakleaflad on June 05, 2018, 10:41:31 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on June 05, 2018, 09:31:30 AM
How so?

That do MS?  ;)

All paper talk lads. Unless his agent said something I missed?

I do get your overall point though, remember something similar with Ramos a few years ago and Bale's comments after the Champions League final could just be angling at a new contract too.

Ronaldo has done it a few times too.

magpie seanie

A Portuguese full back signed as well as Fred. At least they're getting the business done early and they're definitely two positions of need. I know very little about the two players.....hopefully they add to things.

mouview

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 06, 2018, 03:10:44 PM
A Portuguese full back signed as well as Fred. At least they're getting the business done early and they're definitely two positions of need. I know very little about the two players.....hopefully they add to things.

"The best young fullback in Europe" says Mourinho. Thought the last fullback we signed from Portugal was that already.