Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 06, 2019, 08:18:47 AM
RIP Busby Babes

Nice one AZ. Lots of United fans over there for the commemoration ceremony today. Thankfully the playing side of the club getting back to the values those boys and their manager displayed.

Boycey

Where would United be today without Munich?

Just another middling side or an even bigger club than today with more trophies?

Farrandeelin

Don't know. May have won more in the 60s/70s.

Was just thinking this morning, this battle for 4th seems rather shallow when you think about what happened.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Over the Bar

Quote from: Boycey on February 06, 2019, 02:29:54 PM

Just another middling side or an even bigger club than today with more trophies?

The babes would have won a heap more leagues and a few European Cups without doubt.

ned

Quote from: Over the Bar on February 06, 2019, 11:30:55 PM
Quote from: Boycey on February 06, 2019, 02:29:54 PM

The babes would have won a heap more leagues and a few European Cups without doubt.

That's a huge statement! I THINK they would have won more leagues but Real, Benfica, Inter and Celtic might beg to differ on the EC.

trailer

Phil Jones has signed a new contact. Don't @ me.

Boycey

4th, 5th or 6th all a possibility this weekend.

Cunny Funt

That was a bit of Martial magic.

Insane Bolt

Quote from: trailer on February 08, 2019, 08:56:44 AM

Solid player who always gives it his all......unlike many of United's prima donnas.

Farrandeelin

2 brilliant goals. Hope they can close it out without too many hairy moments.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Insane Bolt on February 09, 2019, 01:23:17 PM

Solid player who always gives it his all......unlike many of United's prima donnas.
Solid? might give his all but he's been an error and injury prone player for United. Long term contracts given to him and Smalling suggests that the board are happy to save money than to spend money on better defenders.

GJL

Insane Bolt

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 09, 2019, 01:54:51 PM

Solid? might give his all but he's been an error and injury prone player for United. Long term contracts given to him and Smalling suggests that the board are happy to save money than to spend money on better defenders.

Like who? Harry Maguire? FFS milk would turn quicker

Farrandeelin

Quote from: GJL on February 09, 2019, 02:10:56 PM
4th.

Job well done. But the next 2 or 3 weeks will probably make the board's mind up about OGS.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Insane Bolt on February 09, 2019, 02:11:26 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 09, 2019, 01:54:51 PM

Like who? Harry Maguire? FFS milk would turn quicker

Like Koulibaly.

As for today a ideal easy victory before Tuesday nights Champions league tough assignment. 11 points off 4th spot when Ole took over and now 9 league games later United are 4th, some turnaround in a short space of time but its about staying there now and won't be easy with the likes of Liverpool,Chelsea, Man City at home and Arsenal,Wolves,Palace,Everton away to play in the run in.