International rules

Started by tonto1888, September 26, 2017, 09:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

I know our lads don't play these rules all the time but we really did some very silly things. Disappointing.

Redhand Santa

Great game but the critics probably won't admit it. People have been crying out for long kickouts and high fielding and it was full of it. Better than the majority of championship games and more people at it. Was clear to see that both sets of players really cared.

BallyroanAbu

How wrong was I,  decided not to watch 7 1/4s because I judged with a closed mind.  Happened to switch on this morning a very enjoyable last 1/4, definitely my bad.

The Blonde Australian Guy some man to field a ball.

Rossfan

Quote from: stephenite on November 18, 2017, 10:31:08 AM
Two great games,
Didn't see last week but today was excellent.
I never noticed the time passing which is always a good sign of a game
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Hardy

Jinxy

Didn't see any of this but reading the Aussies' reaction on BigFooty it would seem the Irish lads were diving a lot.
Was it that bad?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Throw ball

Quote from: Jinxy on November 18, 2017, 01:43:42 PM
Didn't see any of this but reading the Aussies' reaction on BigFooty it would seem the Irish lads were diving a lot.
Was it that bad?

Watched full match and can remember thinking O 'Shea went down easily once but considering the abuse he was getting in the match it was hard to blame him. McManus did win one soft free too. The Aussies seemed to push a lot which the Irish were getting frees for but seemingly is not a foul in their game?

One thing I found odd was that Fyffe got tackled on one occasion and hand passed ball on for someone else to score. On other occasions though when the Irish got tackled they dropped / released ball and a free was given against them. If that is the rule then grand but it appeared to me that the Irish players were doing what they had been coached and a tactic I had seen in previous series.

DUBSFORSAM1

At least Ireland had a go today unlike the abysmal style played last week. At least a few fallacies about our game were exposed. Fitness wise we are nowhere close to the Aussies and the fact they can pick up the skill with the ball to outscore us is worrying. Far too many Irish players unable to kick a ball accurately over any distance.

My God though McManus is some player....I'd even take him for the Dublin team in a heartbeat

thejuice

It's always fun to read Bigfooty whenever this is on. They seem to hate/love the game depending on the score line.

It's also a chance to learn another language. Ya bunch a flogs/sooks etc.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Rossfan

Quote from: Throw ball on November 18, 2017, 02:15:55 PM
Was it that bad?

Watched full match and can remember thinking O 'Shea went down easily once but considering the abuse he was getting in the match it was hard to blame him. McManus did win one soft free too. The Aussies seemed to push a lot which the Irish were getting frees for but seemingly is not a foul in their game?

One thing I found odd was that Fyffe got tackled on one occasion and hand passed ball on for someone else to score. On other occasions though when the Irish got tackled they dropped / released ball and a free was given against them. If that is the rule then grand but it appeared to me that the Irish players were doing what they had been coached and a tactic I had seen in previous series.
You're  supposed to play the ball away rather than just drop it as far as I recall.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Throw ball

Quote from: Rossfan on November 18, 2017, 03:11:01 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on November 18, 2017, 02:15:55 PM
Was it that bad?

You're  supposed to play the ball away rather than just drop it as far as I recall.

I assume you are correct but at times it looked as if Ireland  had been coached to drop it it happened that often.

Jinxy

I think Ireland would do better with an Australian coach tbh.
Any time I watch International Rules I get the sense that the players are very hesitant and unsure of themselves.
They should at least understand the game they're playing.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Bring back Paul Earley, more like. Big Joe talked a big game but that was the extent of it.

bennydorano

Entertaining series of games. Taking it to the USA seems like a great idea, you'd imagine both teams would go at near full strength for the Jolly up factor alone, it should also attract big crowds on the East coast but unless it's a bit earlier in the year I'd say the players would be hoping for a California game.

MayoBuck

Would they have pitches big enough in America? Or would they have it like the hurling exhibition in Boston with reduced number of players.