JJB Irish Cup Final - Linfield v Dungannon Swifts

Started by Will Hunting, May 04, 2007, 03:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

In actual fact this game should be of interest to gaels in general due to the involvement of the likes of Ryan Mc Cluskey (Fermanagh) and Mark Mc Allister from my own club Portadown Tir Na Nog who featured for two seasons in the Armagh Minor squad.

Dungannon are also managed by my good friend Harry Fay, who I've bumped into at Armagh games as well.

Of course Linfield are favourites but I well remember the day they were beaten in the Irish Cup Final by Carrick Rangers (who were then as now, a B Division Club) so a Dungannon win is not entirely out of the question, and they have drawn with Linfield in the league at Windsor Park this year already

Donagh

Quote from: T Fearon on May 04, 2007, 04:12:23 PM
In actual fact this game should be of interest to gaels in general due to the involvement of the likes of Ryan Mc Cluskey (Fermanagh) and Mark Mc Allister from my own club Portadown Tir Na Nog who featured for two seasons in the Armagh Minor squad.

Dungannon are also managed by my good friend Harry Fay, who I've bumped into at Armagh games as well.

Of course Linfield are favourites but I well remember the day they were beaten in the Irish Cup Final by Carrick Rangers (who were then as now, a B Division Club) so a Dungannon win is not entirely out of the question, and they have drawn with Linfield in the league at Windsor Park this year already

Get away ta fook. Of interest yer hole. Bad enough they are showing this shite on the tv without a thread on it here...

MW

stew

It would have ben interesting if the Glens had been going up against lingfield, I would have thought the odd aul bottle would have been lobbed and a few rows would have broken out but since it is two useless teams going at it in a mickey mouse league then I would have to say it is absolutely must not see tv.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Norf Tyrone

JP Gallagher of Strabane Sigersons playing for the Swifts too.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: stew on May 04, 2007, 09:02:00 PM
It would have ben interesting if the Glens had been going up against lingfield, I would have thought the odd aul bottle would have been lobbed and a few rows would have broken out but since it is two useless teams going at it in a mickey mouse league then I would have to say it is absolutely must not see tv.

And a bit of stabbing just for good measure......As per Oval riot a couple of years back
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

Bacon

I just flicked over to BBC there and the main stand at WP is 2/3 empty! What's that about? The biggest game in NI soccer and they can't get the 10-11,000 needed to fill WP? Sad.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Syd The Sailor

"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

ziggysego

Personally I'd like to see Dungannon win it. f**k it, anyone but Linfield.
Testing Accessibility

Bacon

2-2 all at half time. The ground (I nearly called it a stadium) is still half empty. I though it would fill up when they made their way from the pub after watching the Protestant bigots beat the Catholic bigots in the Scottish match.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

ziggysego

They'll probably say that there was a big crowd behind the camera.
Testing Accessibility