Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

I'd agree. If a record (or near record) signing isn't going straight into the team, then you have to ask what problem it was they were trying to solve in the first place.

Oddly I think they were right to buy him. United had overloaded on left sided attackers and he should be bringing balance / destruction. But then they went and bought Ronaldo, and as well as closing off a spot,  elected to play with 10 men and a finisher this season.

Boycey

Jaysus ur a tough lot.

Ah can't be arsed arguing no more. He's shite...

clarshack

Wouldn't be shocked if Utd were to win later this evening as Spurs always seem to choke when a team is for the taking.

stiffler

It will be interesting to see if ole has the balls to drop Ronaldo to get the most out of his team.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

RedHand88

Quote from: stiffler on October 30, 2021, 09:20:38 AM
It will be interesting to see if ole has the balls to drop Ronaldo to get the most out of his team.

No chance. Player manager Ronaldo will put himself on and stand with his hands on his hips for 70mins.

On Sancho, Klopp could have made him a star. But sure if 350k a week is so much more important than 200k a week then knock yourself out. United really has become the place where careers go to die. Van de beek another classic example.

RedHand88

Quote from: tiempo on October 29, 2021, 03:39:06 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on October 29, 2021, 02:08:09 PM
Sancho is world class player, who has been signed and left on the bench. Crazy stuff

Jebus that must make Ray Parlour and Nick Barmby icons of the game.

One of these two statements is true:

1. Sancho is a star and Ole continues to bench him in favour of 36 year old coach Ronaldo.

2. Sancho is rubbish and United have paid £73m for him.

rodney trotter

Chelsea paid a similar price for Havertz,took him a few months to settle but he showed he's a top player.

It's been said Sancho has a poor attitude in training ,so maybe he needs to work harder.  No goals or assists yet.

tiempo

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 30, 2021, 09:42:02 AM
Chelsea paid a similar price for Havertz,took him a few months to settle but he showed he's a top player.

It's been said Sancho has a poor attitude in training ,so maybe he needs to work harder.  No goals or assists yet.

Sancho is undoubtedly good and still v early in his career, I hope he gets a shot soon and it works out. The poor attitude in training doesn't wash for me, he wouldn't have got to that level and then jacked it immediately after getting the big move, more likely to happen Ozil Sanchez style after a big contract or when angling for a move. Arteta has this bs soundbite thing where players not getting a chance has to have a personal issue in the background (Nketia) or when someone comes into form it's cus he help him resolve his personal issues (Smith Rowe), all ballix, just a shite messianic complex carryover from working with Pep. One thing is certain though Utd need a new manager and soon. Conte or Rodgers, both equally adept for different reasons

nrico2006

Sancho started last season slowly too but ended it well.

As for Rodgers, I remember him bringing Swansea up and they retained the ball so well, but what are his teams like without the ball?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Capt Pat

1-0 to United at halftime against Spurs. A contract extension for Ole is needed.

Capt Pat

2-0 to United, Cavani scores. Solskjaer is a managerial genius, surely a contract extension is coming. Who needs Sancho when you have the ageless wonders Cavani and Ronaldo

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Capt Pat on October 30, 2021, 06:57:51 PM
2-0 to United, Cavani scores. Solskjaer is a managerial genius, surely a contract extension is coming. Who needs Sancho when you have the ageless wonders Cavani and Ronaldo

Atalanta will burst that bubble followed by City!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Decent response from last Sundays shit show, looking at Brightons result today I think that highlights it was a lot more about the lack of collective effort and how error prone United  was above all else.

This evening that group of inconsistent United players produced the required effort and organisation for PL Game. DeGea won't get many easier games, not a save to make. "coach" Ronaldo scored a fine 1st goal and set up the 2nd goal. Rashford sealed the comfortable win.

About backing up that result now and we'll see where United are at after they play Man City, Chelsea and in form Arsenal in 3 of their next 4 PL games.

From the Bunker

Boycey

Sancho was shite I thought..