Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Sportacus

Devastating for Portglenone but they were too clever for their own good today. Going down after frees, slow coming out after the breaks, generally trying to run the clock down and didn't go for the throat when the goal chance was there.  Never say never from Aghagallon.  Referee blew his whistle far too much today, mostly for the team in yellow.  Interesting final now. 

Hoof Hearted

I was crying last week about entrance fees but I reckon I got my £16 back in excitement and entertainment!!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

JimStynes

We'll give the final a rattle anyway!

EOC1923

Bannside and MR2 must of been booted off this thing I'm thinking anyway.

bannside

Too mentally exhausted and emotionally involved to comment tbh....but Congratulations JS, your team has unbelievable spirit.

country bumpkin

Quote from: EOC1923 on September 25, 2022, 09:55:20 PM
Bannside and MR2 must of been booted off this thing I'm thinking anyway.
Hope MR2 stays away out of sight until championship is over....

breakingball

Be a poor final now.  Sequel of last year. Cargin at a canter

Mickey Linden

Quote from: bannside on September 25, 2022, 09:56:40 PM
Too mentally exhausted and emotionally involved to comment tbh....but Congratulations JS, your team has unbelievable spirit.

Fair play Bannside. That was a hard defeat to take so well done with the congrats

JimStynes

Quote from: breakingball on September 25, 2022, 10:07:02 PM
Be a poor final now.  Sequel of last year. Cargin at a canter

Sure it's a day out if anything

JimStynes

Quote from: bannside on September 25, 2022, 09:56:40 PM

Cheers Bannside. Tough one to take and really didn't think we would do it today but we have some heart alright! I'm sure Portglenone don't want people's sympathy but you'll be back, so many good teams coming through that it'll happen sooner or later.

Hopefully we can give better account of ourselves this year but we'll have to be at our best to stand a chance.

Would ye whist

After being at all games (bar junior) this weekend i have to ask are we that short in officials that a referee who was banned 3 year ago was:

1. Umpire for Cargin v Creggan and from what I am told got Big Pat sent off and the wrong Cargin man black carded
2. Was linesman ay both the intermediate and senior semi final today in Dunsilly not to mention the most unfit looking linesman at the intermediate on the other kine

also Totes reffing one game on Saturday plus line for the second

Saffsof82

Quote from: Would ye whist on September 25, 2022, 11:19:03 PM
After being at all games (bar junior) this weekend i have to ask are we that short in officials that a referee who was banned 3 year ago was:

1. Umpire for Cargin v Creggan and from what I am told got Big Pat sent off and the wrong Cargin man black carded
2. Was linesman ay both the intermediate and senior semi final today in Dunsilly not to mention the most unfit looking linesman at the intermediate on the other kine

also Totes reffing one game on Saturday plus line for the second

Probably yes

geezer

That was a wild game. Portglenone by far the better team but Aghagallon have that never say die attitude.

PG1 had the game won in both normal time and ET but somehow st marys came away with the victory. Couldn't believe when loughran scored the goal.

PG1 were so dominant in the 60, as soon as mccann got the goal they crumbled. They again had the game won in ET, crumbled. Surely there is something wrong with the mentality in that group?

That was 1 of the best endings ive ever seen in a game, pure hysteria from the aghagallon side and pure heartbreak from PG1.

Another bridge too far for PG1 when they should have been home and hosed in normal time.

whatwillbwillb

And young AL couldn't make a county team in Antrim with the last 2 managers!!! Jesus Wept