TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Quote from: JimStynes on December 24, 2021, 08:22:45 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on December 24, 2021, 06:51:02 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on December 24, 2021, 04:36:00 PM
Finished Gomorrah season 5 and it was very good but weaker than the other ones. Still up there with the best TV show I've watched.
I've 2 episodes to go and I don't know what has happened with it tbh. It's been a bit shit with some shocking hammy acting, Mistral & lil monk especially. I've found myself laughing at the cheesiness of it all at times

It seems a rushed job. Probably covid or something but it looks like the went one season too many.
Last 2 episodes did actually redeem it a bit to be fair.

JimStynes

Quote from: bennydorano on December 27, 2021, 07:42:03 PM
Finished Gomorrah season 5 and it was very good but weaker than the other ones. Still up there with the best TV show I've watched.
I've 2 episodes to go and I don't know what has happened with it tbh. It's been a bit shit with some shocking hammy acting, Mistral & lil monk especially. I've found myself laughing at the cheesiness of it all at times

It seems a rushed job. Probably covid or something but it looks like the went one season too many.

I thought the last episode and final scenes were a bit cringe and stupid.

bennydorano

Quote from: JimStynes on December 27, 2021, 08:06:40 PM

The end was inevitable, would have been more surprising if something else had happened.

Milltown Row2

Watched 137 shots (I think) the other night! Carnage, there really needs to be a level to which these things need to be looked at, level one being minor to ten being serious!

When does logic enter the equation?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Farrandeelin

Money Heist is a great series on Netflix.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

bennydorano

Watched Dopesick recently. That's a fantastic piece of work, gripping & entertaining, uncomfortable watching at times but very good. 

Purdue antics, scarcely believable over the years, have no doubt emboldened anti vaxxers with 'big pharma' agendas.

imtommygunn

Quote from: bennydorano on December 27, 2021, 10:51:37 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on December 27, 2021, 08:06:40 PM

The end was inevitable, would have been more surprising if something else had happened.

I thought it was good. Likely not as good as other series mind you. You maybe could have predicted a bit too much in final episode mind you but overall I thought Gomorrah was one of the better things I hve watched.

Dexter latest series isn't bad. Down to one to go and still interesting.

That aside I need to find something good to watch.

gerrykeegan

Quote from: bennydorano on January 06, 2022, 04:31:00 PM
Watched Dopesick recently. That's a fantastic piece of work, gripping & entertaining, uncomfortable watching at times but very good. 

Purdue antics, scarcely believable over the years, have no doubt emboldened anti vaxxers with 'big pharma' agendas.

Just watched the first two episodes last night, I think it is excellent.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

bennydorano

See Toast is back, Toast in Tinseltown. Watched first 2 episodes and episode 2 was beautifully mental.

nrico2006

I've a feeling that Dexters last episode will not be one I enjoy, seems set up for a changing of the guard.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Rudi

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 06, 2022, 10:46:19 PM
I've a feeling that Dexters last episode will not be one I enjoy, seems set up for a changing of the guard.

Your not wrong, bit devastated, great character.

JoG2

Cheers for the heads up men.

Tony Baloney

Another series I don't need to watch.

screenexile

Just finished The Tourist it's bonkers but funny and somehow works.

Dornan is very good in it!!

Tony Baloney

Finished it a couple of nights ago. Enjoyed it alright - It was probably 1-2 episodes too long for my taste but it was definitely entertaining.